Menu

09.01.15

Audi and W Magazine’s Golden Globes Parties

Audi and W Magazine's Golden Globe Parties

Audi and W Magazine hosted parties to celebrate the Golden Globes on Thursday (January 9), with celebs party-hopping between the two events held at Cecconi’s Restaurant and the Chateau Marmont respectively.

Dita Von Teese: The burlesque star was at the W Magazine party decked out in signature black, working a classic Le Smoking tuxedo dress.

Joanne Froggatt: The ‘Downton Abbey’ actress opted for a lighter summery look at the Audi party, wearing an aqua-blue raffia Ermanno Scervino Spring 2015 crop top and skirt styled with silver accessories including Stuart Weitzman sandals and a Jill Milan clutch.

Salma Hayek: At the W Magazine party the Latin actress wore head-to-toe Alexander McQueen, with her fit-and-flare frock spliced with a red pattern that mimicked the brand’s signature corset belt.

Audi and W Magazine's Golden Globe Parties 2

Reese Witherspoon: With Reese’s amazing recent run, I can’t help but be underwhelmed by this navy-blue offering for the W Magazine party.

Sarah Hyland: Opting for yet more sparkle in Kaufmanfranco, the ‘Modern Family’ actress was the golden girl of the night.

Jamie Chung: The actress wore a strapless black wool dress with a perforated skirt, which was given a lift with red accessories including a Kate Spade Saturday clutch, to the W Magazine party.

Audi and W Magazine's Golden Globe Parties 3

Moran Atias: The actress kept things simple and chic, donning a blue fitted frock styled with an Oroton clutch and Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals.

Kate Walsh: The actress was perhaps trying just a bit too hard with this red Rubin Singer strapless liquid nylon draped dress, as this feels like something Lady Gaga would wear. The look was styled with Chopard jewels and gold Gianvito Rossi sandals.

Louise Roe: Channelling plenty of hippy boho charm, the British TV star attended the Audi party wearing a one-shoulder chocolate-brown layered Haney dress with gold dotted detailing with fierce Via Spiga sandals and an Edie Parker clutch.

Audi and W Magazine's Golden Globes Parties 8

Paula Patton: The actress wore a Valentino mini LBD with a cut-out and embellished neckline. She kept the black and white theme going with her accessories which included Jerome C. Rousseau ‘Flicker’ pumps.

Gillian Anderson: The British actress wore a cream Longchamp Spring 2015 leather coat dress styled with accessories as golden as her hair.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead: The actress made a return to the red carpet wearing a Tamara Mellon gold metallic trench dress. The look was styled with Jennifer Fisher jewels, a Saint Laurent clutch and a sexy pair of black strappy Malone Souliers sandals.

Audi and W Magazine's Golden Globe Parties 4

Maggie Grace: Sporting a new red hair colour, the ‘Taken 3’ star wore an alluring black ensemble with a sheer skirt. I know you are so over this trend, so I won’t ask if you like this look.

Rosamund Pike: It’s yet another trapeze-style mini frock for the British actress. This time she wore Thakoon styled with black satin Brian Atwood ‘Besame’ and a silver Anya Hindmarch ‘Crisp Packet’ clutch.

Sarah Rafferty: The ‘Suits’ actress shelved the gorgeous Roland Mouret, Carolina Herrera and Bottega Veneta dresses she wears on the hit show for a black and white Rachel Zoe tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit.

Audi and W Magazine's Golden Globe Parties 5

Naomi Campbell: The model cozied up to director Lee Daniels wearing a gold metallic Emilio Pucci Fall 2014 sweater dress with a plunging neckline. Only a supermodel could pull of this micro design.

Naomi Watts: On this occasion Naomi is outshone by hubby Liev Schreiber. Even though she added a chic Michael Kors leather jacket to this look, her Stella McCartney jumpsuits still looks like PJs.

Credit: Getty

Diane Kruger In Marni - W Magazine’s Golden Globes Celebration

Diane Kruger In Marni – W Magazine’s Golden Globes Celebration

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

17 Responses to Audi and W Magazine’s Golden Globes Parties

1. Phoenix January 10, 2015 at 00:51 #

I love love love Kates dress. I think its fascinating….. Just not on her or for this event. I’m thinking someone with a bit more known edge, and maybe a music awards perhaps? Anyways I’m in love

2. Yeliz January 9, 2015 at 22:11 #

Joanne and Jamie are my fave of the bunch,

3. sophie January 9, 2015 at 20:55 #

Paula is wearing a Valentino Fall 2014 dress that hit the runway in watermelon. Maggie is wearing Donna Karan.

4. Christine January 9, 2015 at 19:42 #

Love Joanne and Jamie’s look

5. arang January 9, 2015 at 18:20 #

Joanne, Moran, and Jamie stood out to me. Reese’s dress looks oddly prim. Kate looks great but I also thought it’s the wrong dress for this event. Have nothing good to say about Maggie’s or either of the Naomis’ dresses. 🙁

6. Alina January 9, 2015 at 17:04 #

I like what Dita, Joanne and Moran wore – very elegant, ladylike. Also, I appreciate the ‘ready to party’ looks from Sarah Hyland and Kate Walsh.

I expected way more from Reese Witherspoon and Naomi Watts.

And I am very happy to see Sarah Rafferty featured on this site. Love the fashion on ‘Suits’ and she does so great on the red carpet too! Thanks, FC!

7. pinksugar January 9, 2015 at 16:20 #

Love Sarah and Kate’s looks. Both of them look interesting and fun. Reese and Rosamund are putting to sleep.

8. kane January 9, 2015 at 15:54 #

This dress works so much better for Rosamund. And that’s the only noteworthy think I can think of seeing this collection of looks.

9. Nat39 January 9, 2015 at 15:52 #

Joanne looks very lovely but way too summery. I’m gonna go with Moran Atias, also in nice blue – good flattering fit, lovely presentation and more season-appropriate with the longer sleeves. And also Jamie Chung, although her matching red accessories feel a tad pushed.

Dita and Reese are boring, Salma’s hair is distracting, Sarah Hyland looks like she is wearing a gold peasant shirt, Naomi Campbell is tacky, Maggie’s sheer skirt is anything but tasteful, and Naomi Watts is plain off……boring or not quite right most of them.

10. kelly January 9, 2015 at 15:41 #

where is the line between trying and trying too hard? i think kate looks great.

11. Lisa January 9, 2015 at 14:58 #

my favorite is Liev Schreiber – yum! If I had to pick a female, it would be Jamie Chung.

12. Maria January 9, 2015 at 14:43 #

What is happening with Lee Daniels’ trousers?! Rosamund looks adorable.

13. Britta January 9, 2015 at 14:39 #

I strongly disagree about Kate Walsh. I don’t find her trying too hard, but just the right amount. And that dress is Way too elegant for Lady Gaga. Camila Alves wore one of these liquid nylon dresses from Rubin Singer – and this one was also seen at the country music awards. They are fabulous – and Kate is clearly my best dressed at this event. The H. Stern and Anita Ko jewelry elevates the look even more.

• Leti January 9, 2015 at 18:09 #

ITA! Kate’s look doesn’t seem try hard to me at all, and I find her styling complimentary. IMHO she’s a stand out from the event. If you ask me, Maggie Grace gets the award for trying too hard–she is, after all, half naked.

• Dil January 10, 2015 at 01:03 #

Absolutely! Kate Walsh looks fabulous!

14. sophie January 9, 2015 at 14:20 #

Love Joanne’s look and I do love Kate’s salmon Rubin Singer. Gorgeous dress.

15. Bailey January 9, 2015 at 14:14 #

Sarah Hyland’s sparkly gold dress is my favourite