Menu

Tessa Thompson In Rodarte – ‘Selma’ New York Premiere

Tessa Thompson In Rodarte - 'Selma' New York Premiere

Tessa Thompson attended the ‘Selma’ New York premiere held at the Ziegfeld Theater on Sunday (December 14) in New York City.

The emerging actress, who is continuing to make waves on the red carpet, wore a Rodarte Spring 2015 gown with so many intriguing elements such as the embroidered pearl net plus iridescent sequins and Swarovski crystals, which make up the majority of this fashion-forward piece of art.

Playing it oh so right with neutral makeup and simple styling consisting of Christian Louboutin pumps and Sha Nazarian of DiamondDNY jewelry, it looks like my prediction of her becoming a major player might just be coming to fruition as I adore this look from head to toe.

I was a huge fan of this Rodarte collection but was concerned that many of the pieces would be confined to editorials. Thankfully that is not the case.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Reese Witherspoon's RED Valentino Bow-Embellished Leopard-Jacquard Coat

Reese Witherspoon’s RED Valentino Bow-Embellished Leopard-Jacquard Coat

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen - ASMALLWORLD's 10th Anniversary Winter Weekend Gala Benefit

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen – ASMALLWORLD’s 10th Anniversary Winter Weekend Gala Benefit

15 Responses to Tessa Thompson In Rodarte – ‘Selma’ New York Premiere

1. TeaAtTwo December 19, 2014 at 06:28 #

A really unique dress I’m glad she went simple with the styling.. I think she pulls this off.

2. François Bresmal December 16, 2014 at 19:09 #

I had the exact same thought about those gorgeous “dethroned mermaids looks” and I’m so glad that one of them hit the red carpet, especially on a newcomer <3

3. JHH December 16, 2014 at 02:39 #

I am not big fan of Rodarte and this dress is no exception. It looks like a costume worn by an actor who plays some kind sea creature walking on Earth complete with barnacles and netting. A dress like that is hard for anyone to pull off. Tessa’s makeup etc. looks great but the dress is a big no.

• Lindsay December 17, 2014 at 08:29 #

I must agree! I’m so confused as to what a stylist is actually thinking to put her in this dress…and why is anyone pulling Rodarte for the red carpet?? She absolutely dose not connect to the dress at all!!! The bigger disappoint is that with all the PR houses in NY this was the choice. Tessa is beautiful tho! Wish this dress was!!

4. Christine December 15, 2014 at 19:48 #

This is not working. She tried though!

5. Nat39 December 15, 2014 at 19:02 #

The sequins, the net…too much, too sparkly, it’s in a costume territory.

6. CreoleLady December 15, 2014 at 18:08 #

The dress seems edgier than she is. Unexpected and interesting (aside from the pumps). Kudos.

7. Phoenix December 15, 2014 at 18:01 #

The runway version looks better, more alive. I think it falls flat on Tessa. Not sure its her fault though cause this looks like a hard piece to pull off

8. Cs December 15, 2014 at 17:11 #

This is the same collection as the one Anne Hathaway wore right? Tessa Thompson certainly pulls it off better. I really want to like this collection, but something about how it’s been styled on the red carpet so far is just off-putting.

9. H December 15, 2014 at 16:00 #

She looks beyond gorgeous in this dress!

• Fiona-Brasil December 15, 2014 at 17:11 #

+ 1

10. AW December 15, 2014 at 15:47 #

I was not a fan of this dress when shown originally but Tessa looks beautiful!

11. Yeliz December 15, 2014 at 15:40 #

I didn’t like this collection, but this gown looks good on her.

12. dee December 15, 2014 at 15:30 #

I like the colors of the gown and she was smart by wearing simple makeup, jewelry and hair style but I find this gown ugly and overdone.

13. Alex W. December 15, 2014 at 15:25 #

Simply stunning!! That fact that she pulled off so much dress speaks to her becoming the next fashion girl.