Menu

Rihanna In Zac Posen - Inaugural Diamond Ball for the Clara Lionel Foundation

Rihanna hosted the First Annual Diamond Ball for the Clara Lionel Foundation held at The Vineyard on Thursday (December 11) in Beverly Hills, California.

Opting to take a night off from wearing Tom Ford (thankfully, I hear you cry), the singer went for high glamour, wearing a very distinctive Zac Posen Fall 2014 off-the-shoulder gown in a lush rose hue.

The gown is simply breathtaking and the colour is so gorgeous against her caramel skin, but what makes this look for me is her stunning Chopard tourmaline and diamond necklace with a matching ring and stud earrings.

She also wore a ruby cuff, but it gets lost against the backdrop of her hand tattoo.

Working a slicked-back ponytail and dark cherry hue lip, does this rank as one of Rihanna’s best looks this year?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Pixie Lott In Bambah - BBC Music Awards

Pixie Lott In Bambah – BBC Music Awards

Poppy Delevigne In Valentino - 2014 Glamour Awards

Poppy Delevigne In Valentino – 2014 Glamour Awards

31 Responses to Rihanna In Zac Posen – First Annual Diamond Ball for the Clara Lionel Foundation

1. kane December 12, 2014 at 22:53 #

I think she would have pulled this off without the necklace. She looks great.

• Prudence December 13, 2014 at 01:25 #

agreed, I can also do without the necklace and ring especially on that specific hand.

2. Carrie December 12, 2014 at 19:24 #

One of the classiest looks I’ve ever seen on her!

3. justme December 12, 2014 at 18:18 #

The dress looks even more beautiful on Rihanna’s body.
    Sadly, I don’t like the styling. From the makeup to the jewelry, I’m not a fan.

4. sanette December 12, 2014 at 16:53 #

Gorgeous, she looks better than the model. I think the cuff wasn’t necessary but I can overlook it.

5. Nat39 December 12, 2014 at 16:39 #

It’s quite simple – one of her best (if not the best) looks this year, I agree. The smooth colour, the figure-flattering silhouette, and the statement necklace accentuating the look perfectly. She looks glamorous, she even tried to glamorize the tattoo (thumbs up for the effort).

6. Pedro December 12, 2014 at 16:28 #

Wow! I’m in love with this look!

Body, face, make up, hair, dress, necklace… everything is epic!

BDOTW for sure

7. julyol1972 December 12, 2014 at 16:21 #

This is absolutely stunning, but her performance ball gown (which was also Zac Posen) was equally gorgeous.

8. Zineb December 12, 2014 at 16:02 #

I love the dress but the diamonds do not stand out at all on her completely tattooed hand

9. kelly December 12, 2014 at 15:56 #

very beautiful. would like to know the nail colour….

10. Bailey December 12, 2014 at 15:48 #

Considering she is covered up and manages to look classy, this is most definitely one of her best of the year! I hate the necklace, but the dress is nice enough to make up for it

11. sophie December 12, 2014 at 15:48 #

I like everything but the tacky tattoo and cuff/glove thing.

12. tweed December 12, 2014 at 15:45 #

The color of the dress does nothing for her. Had it been in a pale pink or a deeper red, it would have worked better. This is a lazy effort despite the supposed glamour.

13. pinksugar December 12, 2014 at 15:38 #

Had she went with a different necklace I would have liked this more. I just find it a bit gaudy. But the dress is pretty. I prefer the ball gown Zac posted her in over this though.

14. Fiona December 12, 2014 at 15:32 #

She looks beautiful – gorgeous gown and the jewels are beyond amazing. I think this Chopard necklace was featured in a Project Runway challenge, I guess Zac Posen (a judge) thought he would show how to highlight the piece to perfection.

15. PnP December 12, 2014 at 15:09 #

One for her (already crowded) hall of fame. STUNNING!!!

16. Fiona-Brasil December 12, 2014 at 15:01 #

Insanely gorgeous!

17. Locke December 12, 2014 at 14:45 #

For me, this might be the best she has ever looked. That color! The fit! Those jewels! Bravo, Mr. Posen. This is a BDOTW nominee to me, most definitely. (You could tell Zac was proud of this moment too; he was pretty excited about it on Instagram).

18. Marcel December 12, 2014 at 14:43 #

I appreciate that she made the effort to actually dress(in the proper sense of the word) herself but I don’t like the dress, at all. Not the material, not the colour for her, nor the design in itself. Nada.
    Neck up she looks gorgeous, as usual.

• Lashae December 13, 2014 at 03:12 #

19. Maria December 12, 2014 at 14:23 #

Call me crazy, but I don’t like the necklace or the bracelet. They’re not necessary. Everything else is perfect.

20. Christine December 12, 2014 at 14:04 #

The necklace is not working with this look. Her hand tattoo is distracting. The gown fits her like a glove!

21. dee December 12, 2014 at 13:43 #

She didn’t need the bracelet. It gets lost anyway with the ugly hand tattoo. The necklace, ring and earrings are stunning. The color of the gown is beautiful on her. Overall, she looks gorgeous.

22. Ana December 12, 2014 at 13:43 #

I guess I’ve never seen her so beautiful. I love almost everything about her in this look: I can’t stop staring at this tourmaline and the makeup. The dress is gorgeous and I wish she could have worn her hair in a low bun to let the amazing back uncovered, this is the only flaw IMO.

23. AW December 12, 2014 at 13:39 #

Her body is fantastic! Love this look head to toe and she would be BDOTW for me if that awful tattoo hadn’t ruined the last detail of the look.

24. 80nine December 12, 2014 at 13:29 #

She looks phenomenal!
    Zac is such an unexpected choice for her at this point but I love it when she goes for all out glamour – like the Alaïa at last year’s Grammys.
    My only quibble is that she didn’t wear the spectacular performance gown instead – FC have you seen that also?

25. Scarlett December 12, 2014 at 13:24 #

I can genuinely say this is the first time I haven’t look at her in horror. The first time she hasn’t looked attention seeking or trashy for me. I love the berry lip with the dress colour.

• Tati M December 12, 2014 at 18:42 #

• AB December 13, 2014 at 18:35 #

• riri December 14, 2014 at 11:11 #

OMG I can’t believe people put her in that category like she’s just an attention seeker but she really is a style icon if you look at her style I mean think (or check) the stella mc cartney at the Metball Gala this year, the Givenchy gown at the brit awards, the red valentino at the grammy’s, the black giorgio armani at the grammy’s, the yellow/gold alexander vauthier, the black tom ford at the metball, or the emerald green giorgio armani ! At some point you gotta give a girl her credit she does often pushes the envelop at certain events (mostly the ones that are not “black tie” like the vma’s for exemple but everytime it’s a “classy” event like the grammy’s or the metball she always wears an oustanding gown) She really is a style icon even though to me this year wasn’t hers I hope she comes back at the top soon cause when she’s good she’s REALLY good