Menu

03.12.14

Models @ The 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Models @ The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Aside from Taylor Swift’s after-party look, there wasn’t much to shout about on the red carpet at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show held at London’s Earls Court on Tuesday (December 2) which had a distinct black or white theme.

Karlie Kloss: Standing out for its non-revealing nature was Karlie Kloss’s look. The figure-hugging silhouette and sexy slit worked in an artful juxtaposition with the demure high neck and almost Victorian bow to the neckline of the Alexander McQueen dress, which was styled with a skull-clasp clutch.

Alessandra Ambrosio: Too tight and so tacky. That pretty much sums up my feelings about this ridiculous yet expected Balmain Spring 2015 look. A sure contender for WDOTY.

Candice Swanepoel: Also taking the revealing route was Candice, whose Zuhair Murad white floral embroidered sheer long-sleeve Spring 2015 gown left precious little to the imagination.

Models @ The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party 2

Izabel Goulart: The Brazilian also selected a sheer Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 gown, however, this one, covered in ornate black embroidery and beading, didn’t have so much of a nearly naked feel.

Jourdan Dunn: The British model opted for a sultry two-piece from Balmain, doing the designer proud by striking a pose with a sexy pout.

Lais Ribeiro: The model caught my eye perhaps for being the most covered up, wearing a Zuhair Murad Fall 2014 smoking jacket with a fully beaded pair of leggings.

Models @ The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party 3

Lily Aldridge: The model looked heavenly in her chic satin and velvet midnight-blue Cushine et Ochs Spring 2015 two-piece. I’m sure even with the exposed midriff she felt over-dressed in the company of her fellow angels.

Isabeli Fontana: Also wearing Balmain, the Brazilian beauty couldn’t decide between legs or boobs, so went with both.

Joan Smalls: The model shows us how sexy doesn’t have to be totally revealing, wearing a Givenchy Spring 2015 lace dress and over-the-knee boots.

Models @ The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party 5

Ming Xi: I expected to see more of Anthony Vaccarello’s work on this red carpet. Ming opted to wear one of the signature safety-pin dresses from his Spring 2015 collection for Versus Versace.

Adriana Lima: There is perhaps several cut outs too many in Adriana’s Mulger look.

Doutzen Kroes: Methinks there was a theme of the night, and that would be sheer. Doutzen got the memo, donning a sheer Simone Roche Spring 2015 top and skirt for the occasion.

Credit: Getty

Lily Collins In Maticevski - 'Love, Rosie' Tokyo Premiere

Lily Collins In Maticevski – ‘Love, Rosie’ Tokyo Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Gotham Independent Film Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Gotham Independent Film Awards?

36 Responses to Models @ The 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show After-Party

1. Cassie Hargett December 22, 2014 at 13:26 #

I love Karlie’s dress… It’s sexy and classy at the same time… Candice’s was seductive and cute too. Love these girls. Everyone looks beautiful.

2. Tea December 5, 2014 at 09:17 #

I think it’s nice of them to show us that even with bodies that look pretty damn good almost naked (tackiness notwithstanding) that they don’t necessarily look good in clothes.

You know I think they were giving the women of the world a gift, it’s their way of telling us that while their bodies may be physcially “perfect” (whatever that means) that you still need to have style and make good fashion choices if you want to look good clothed.

They really couldn’t have done a better job of demonstrating that. So now we can all get on with dressing as the best versions of ourselves, instead of feeling physically inadequate, because their physcial perfection is clearly not enough.

It’s all a lot more subversive than one would think.

• Morthy December 5, 2014 at 17:40 #

+million Thank you!

3. Stephanie December 4, 2014 at 19:05 #

why oh why would someone wear nude biker shorts clearly visible under amazingly embroidered pants!! Lais…so disappointed in what could have been breathtaking.

4. amy December 4, 2014 at 16:28 #

oh the festival of tackiness is back!! it’s just baffling to see so many gorgeous women try so HARD. There are some seriously ugly frocks.
    the GOOD: jourdan,lily and Ming(sexy without trying)
    the OK: Karlie, Lais (although she needed black undies) and Joan
    the bad: Adriana, Candice (knockoff),Isabeli, Izabel
    the awful: Alessandra and Doutzen.
    what a mess.

5. Zineb December 4, 2014 at 14:30 #

This proves that although models know how to sell clothes on the runway, they are fashion disasters on the red carpet, which I think is pretty weird

6. sam December 4, 2014 at 09:46 #

Jourdan Dunn, Ming xi, Karlie Kloss and Lily Aldrige are the best in my opinion

7. Valissa December 4, 2014 at 09:14 #

Everything about Victoria’s Secret makes me cringe. The lingerie, the show, the models…it’s all so over the top and tacky. So no surprise that I think the red carpet is equally as bad. I don’t see any sexiness here…just outdated and cheap clothing that’s clearly trying too hard.

• julyol1972 December 4, 2014 at 19:26 #

THANK YOU!!!! I can never understand the fawning that folks do over this bombastic, OTT, ridiculous, incredibly tacky, mess of a show.

If most of the models didn’t show up in ticky, tacky messes as well, I’d be shocked.

• Gemma Rockets December 5, 2014 at 02:04 #

So true! The ‘lingerie’ shown at the ‘fashion show’ is so truly hideous. Fortunately for VS, no one is actually looking at the ridiculous outfits on the runway.

8. justme December 4, 2014 at 09:08 #

I don’t mind sexy pieces, I do mind ugly sexy pieces lol. Even if they were lined, many of the sheer looks would still not be cute imo.

• Danielle December 4, 2014 at 15:52 #

9. Iva December 4, 2014 at 05:38 #

Jourdan looks fierce. I like Lais as well.
    There were also some less-known models who were dressed ok at the event.

10. Andrea December 4, 2014 at 05:31 #

I must say, fashion-wise all of those looks are awful (actually Candice’s was outstanding, but too much for the event), they don’t have to dress like nuns, but at least make sense in their outfits. That said, the article was poorly redacted, kinda felt like too personal.

11. pinksugar December 4, 2014 at 05:28 #

Lingerie after-show or not these are all hot messes and I will forever want to feed Jourdan a cheeseburger…or 8.

12. Taylahre December 4, 2014 at 04:15 #

Anyone else wishing that Karlie’s dress was a jumpsuit?

13. MiMi December 4, 2014 at 03:42 #

In defense of Candace, her Zuhair Murad gown is the better version of Michael Costello’s dress that Beyonce wore to the 2014 Grammy Awards. Candace looked flawlessly gorgeous. Your flippant critiques were a tad harsh, considering the event.

14. Bailey December 4, 2014 at 02:55 #

Lots of tacky looks but I actually like Karlie Kloss’s look. The bow at the neckline is a very cute touch but the thigh high slit keeps it sexy (even though her pose in the photo kind of makes it look like a jumpsuit, but I would have loved it either way)

15. Peony December 4, 2014 at 02:51 #

Good grief. What tragic outfits for such beautiful women.

16. ashlee December 4, 2014 at 02:38 #

I actually love Candice’s look…amazing in my opinion

17. king December 4, 2014 at 02:09 #

Candice’s gown looks like Beyonce’s Grammy gown.

• justme December 4, 2014 at 09:05 #

mte

18. Markness December 4, 2014 at 01:35 #

Oh wow. The VS Fashion After Party never disappoints me. Models in dresses even they can’t work. Jourdan and Joan are my faves.

19. Pedro December 4, 2014 at 01:34 #

Lais looks gorgeous! Love her

20. gabis December 4, 2014 at 00:54 #

Fashion tragedy. Not even the ones who are not nearly naked look any good.
    I may cope with Lilly and Jourdan’s looks and that’s about it.
    I’m guessing you haven’t seen the back of Izabel’s dress otherwise you would not have said that.

• Iva December 4, 2014 at 08:35 #

I wanted to say the same about Izabel (and Doutzen) – the front looks ok, but the back…

21. Arwa December 4, 2014 at 00:43 #

I think Lais looked amazing. If there is one thing I want to change is the light lining. Lily was lovely too.

22. Nat39 December 4, 2014 at 00:36 #

Lais, Isabel and Lily in this group.

23. lori December 3, 2014 at 23:58 #

Constance Jablonski looked pretty good in Mugler

24. Britta December 3, 2014 at 23:53 #

This is a lingerie show, folks! They are all fabulous models! Should they dress like nuns or what at this event??

• Anj December 4, 2014 at 04:30 #

I totally agree. It’s expected they would pick sexy clothing options even for the after party; it’s probably somewhere in their contracts. That being said, I wasn’t much impressed with the offerings. Martha Hunt was my favorite of the bunch but she’s not pictured here unfortunately.

25. Yeliz December 3, 2014 at 23:48 #

Jourdan looks the best by far. Alessandra’s look is bad in so many levels.

26. kane December 3, 2014 at 23:47 #

Shouldn’t models be experts on how to dress? This collection is really pathetic. I’ll give this to Lily and Karlie–not good, but modest by comparison. Alessandra is at the other end, only exacerbated by the non-illusion of the cutouts. I do have to say though, the illusion works really well for me in Candice’s look. I don’t think it’s a dress to be worn anywhere in public but in the context of an artistic photo shooting I could like this.

27. martha December 3, 2014 at 23:28 #

Joudan and Ming are the best dressed for me

28. Christine December 3, 2014 at 23:24 #