Menu

Bee Shaffer and Anna Wintour were every bit the voguish mother-daughter duo on the red carpet of the 2014 British Fashion Awards, hosted on Monday (December 1) at the London Coliseum in London, England.

Bee Shaffer: She paid homage to the label that won the evening’s Red Carpet Designer nod with her Alexander McQueen Spring 2015 metallic gold frock. Featuring a harness-inspired bodice and A-line skirt, the dress meshed its Midas touch with a power-warrior spirit and feminine edge, especially when styled with that super-sleek ponytail.

Anna Wintour: Coordinating but not matching her daughter, Anna donned a John Galliano for Maison Martin Margiela floor-length, printed black gown and furry ivory shrug as she picked up the Outstanding Achievement Award from the designer himself.

Perhaps both sets of sandals could have been improved upon, but I’ll focus on the ankles up. Like mother, like daughter?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rihanna In Stella McCartney - 2014 British Fashion Awards

Rihanna In Stella McCartney – 2014 British Fashion Awards

Laura Carmichael In Christopher Kane - 2014 British Fashion Awards

Laura Carmichael In Christopher Kane – 2014 British Fashion Awards

11 Responses to Bee Shaffer In Alexander McQueen & Anna Wintour In John Galliano for Maison Martin Margiela

1. bisbee December 3, 2014 at 14:57 #

Anna Wintour will never change that hair – obviously. Those shoes? For some reason, she won’t budge from that style – ugly, old lady shoes. At least she could wear polish on her toes – that would make it a little more stylish! She always looks like she is wearing slippers to me!

2. dee December 2, 2014 at 15:33 #

I like Bee’s look minus the shoes. I like Anna’s look minus the shrug.

3. amy December 2, 2014 at 11:31 #

Bee looks really cute.
    Anna looks like Anna

4. Christine December 2, 2014 at 10:53 #

The dress Bee is wearing looks better on someone with a smaller chest. She looks uncomfortable.

Anna looks OK. Them shoes though?! Oh my lord.

5. alvaro_spain December 2, 2014 at 09:08 #

I don’t like Bee’s outfits, but I love this one actually.

6. Denise December 2, 2014 at 08:55 #

Bee is sucking the life out of this dress and looks bored or half asleep… I like the Anna’s dress, the print is lovely, nice fit, I don’t expect her to change.

7. Yeliz December 2, 2014 at 08:12 #

Don’t like the dress on Bee and Anna looks the same as always, nothing new.

8. Nat39 December 2, 2014 at 07:23 #

I don’t think Bee is quite the right person for this dress. She made the edgier runway version look too sweet, vanilla and pretty. I think, someone like Kristen Stewart could’ve rocked it with the original runway cutout and even that edgy footwear.
    Would’ve preferred the gown on Anna w/o the shrug or better yet a different hairstyle.

• pinksugar December 2, 2014 at 14:39 #

KS would totally have rocked that dress, I agree it’s right up her alley. I also agree about Anna’s silly, outdated hairstyle. How someone who runs a major fashion magazine gets away with looking the exact same for twenty + years I will never know.

9. Markness December 2, 2014 at 07:23 #

Anna’s dress got me excited for Galliano’s return collection. I like Bee’s look including the shoes. I’m bored of the safe shoe designs. I need some shoegasm and this pair is one of them.

10. kane December 2, 2014 at 07:14 #

Err, I may like Anna’s dress, but I have to cover everything else with my hand so I can actually see it. Just what is Bee wearing?