Menu

25.11.14

Christina Hendricks In Paule Ka - 2014 International Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences Awards

Christina Hendricks attended the 2014 International Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences Awards held at New York Hilton on Monday (November 24) in New York City.

Following her impressive Zac Posen dress from last week, I want to applaud this Paule Ka effort, but I am on the fence.

After all it’s not black, it highlights her gorgeous figure, but the bow has me at odds.

Is it too overwhelming or does the detail make the dress?

I’m leaning towards the latter as the gown would’ve been straight up and down without it.

Ivory and blue striped Bionda Castana ‘Lama’ pumps, a sparkling navy clutch and Kwiat jewels accessorized the look with a simple ponytail and lip-plumping red shade providing the finishing touch.

Credit: Getty

Dafne Fernandez's Carolina Herrera Cold-Shoulder Jeweled Gown

Dafne Fernandez’s Carolina Herrera Cold-Shoulder Jeweled Gown

Poppy Delevingne In Osman - Osman Yousefzada's 'The Collective' Launch

Poppy Delevingne In Osman – Osman Yousefzada’s ‘The Collective’ Launch

21 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Paule Ka – 2014 International Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences Awards

1. Peony November 26, 2014 at 01:58 #

Oh god. After her last sensational outing, are we back to poorly-fitted and unflattering gowns again? This is terrible. The colour is nice on her, and that’s about it.

2. Fiona - Perth November 25, 2014 at 22:32 #

I love the colour on her, and I like the bow to an extent but it feels just too big and like previous comments I agree that it hides her waist so she looks straight up and down. Also the skirt is too big and so the proportions are just a bit off. Good idea but not quite her best.

3. Nicky November 25, 2014 at 21:19 #

I love the bow. I don’t think they hide her curves, they just add some interest to the dress. She’s worn the form-fitting, low-cut dress so many times, the bow really makes this one stand out.

4. Nat39 November 25, 2014 at 19:28 #

Oh no, this is wrong for her – she doesn’t need any extra volume to her curves. The bow is unnecessarily large and overpowering.

• Nat39 November 25, 2014 at 19:29 #

…she actually ends up looking shapeless.

• Dana November 25, 2014 at 20:21 #

Agreed; it makes her look shapeless when she has such an awesome figure.

5. kane November 25, 2014 at 19:14 #

Gorgeous colour but overwhelming indeed.

6. Lindsay November 25, 2014 at 18:14 #

Overwhelming??? No that was Jhene Aiko in Alice & Olivia that was so praised yesterday? This look is proportionately lovely on her….and that bow…what a perfect way to minimize the the size of her breast which no other designer can really seem to do. Everyone has an opinion….and I’m not a Christina Hendricks fan at all….but when a look is obviously working… #embrace.

7. Rebecca Z November 25, 2014 at 17:47 #

I don’t love the dress, but I think the letdown here is her hair. Flat and unappealing. this would have been much better with waves.

8. beth November 25, 2014 at 17:42 #

she looks great, she’s having fun, it suits her. It’s nice.

9. mm November 25, 2014 at 17:15 #

Why cant this woman find dresses. One out of so many that worked. I am baffled. The bow only looks good from certain angles

10. mm November 25, 2014 at 17:15 #

Why cant this women find dresses. One out of so many that worked. I am baffled. The bow only looks good from certain angles

11. Bailey November 25, 2014 at 17:11 #

Horrible dress! Looks like she’s wrapped in Christmas paper.

12. amy November 25, 2014 at 14:56 #

I don’t care, I like this.

13. Dana November 25, 2014 at 14:50 #

CH has such a gorgeous figure and this dress (i.e., the bow) makes her look like she has no waist. I also usually love her hair, but its looked kind of flat to me the last few outings. Gorgeous woman, unflattering look.

14. Phoenix November 25, 2014 at 14:40 #

O my. The huge bow is just a huge no! Yes, the color is lovely, but no no no to the dress.

15. dee November 25, 2014 at 14:04 #

I like bows but this is not working on her. She needs simple lines in her clothing. This is an awful dress for her. The color is the only thing I like.

16. Marcel November 25, 2014 at 13:46 #

I usually hate big bows but I think this one is working beautifully on her. Don’t forget that those big sisters of her need a kind of “counter balance” when se intends to take away the attention from them.
    The colour also favours her skin tone. I also like the laissez faire, not overly combed hair style
    I am not in love but overall is a YES for me.

17. Gigi November 25, 2014 at 13:35 #

This is horrible. The bow does nothing for her, the fit of the dress is terrible, and she has yoga hair. One positive which unfortunately does not outweigh all the bad: good color for her.

18. Christine November 25, 2014 at 13:24 #

Unflattering

19. Nadine November 25, 2014 at 13:12 #

I like big bows, I cannot lie.