Menu

18.11.14 Premiere

Jessica Simpson In Vintage & Ashlee Simpson In Cengiz Abazoglu - 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 1' LA Premiere

It was date night for Jessica Simpson and Ashlee Simpson who attended the premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Monday (November 17) in Los Angeles, California with their husbands.

Jessica Simpson: The singer opted for a gilded gold vintage one-shoulder dress styled with gold accessories including Neil Lane jewels, Prada heels and a Ferragamo clutch; even her lips were gold. For me there is too much gold going on. Something was needed to break up the one-noteness. Also, the bra she’s wearing is not giving her great support.

Ashlee Simpson: Black and silver was Ashlee’s theme for the night, wearing a Cengiz Abazoglu black gown with silver embellishments which also possessed a dangerously high slit, styled with a Swarovski clutch and two-tone Rene Caovilla pumps.

It would appear that Jessica was trying just a little too hard, whereas Ashlee seems more at ease, with effortless styling.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Valentino Better...Jena Malone or Alexa Chung?

Who Wore Valentino Better…Jena Malone or Alexa Chung?

Willow Shields In Christian Siriano -  'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' LA Premiere

Willow Shields In Christian Siriano – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ LA Premiere

10 Responses to Jessica Simpson In Vintage & Ashlee Simpson In Cengiz Abazoglu – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ LA Premiere

1. Gemma Rockets November 19, 2014 at 03:08 #

I think they both look really nice, actually. I’m imagining Jessica wearing a berry lip to match her nail colour- that would be perfection.

2. John November 18, 2014 at 17:33 #

I feel like both of them look dated. Jessica is wearing too much accesories but I like her look otherwise and the dress is interesting. In Ashlee´s case, if you see the dress close enough is does look cheap and it looks kind of floppy.

3. pinksugar November 18, 2014 at 17:05 #

These two are such has-beens it’s hard to even be interested. Jessica knows nothing but to talk about how thin she is and exploit her relationship/kids and Ashley…I don’t even know what that girl does. As far as their outfits, neither excite me but Jessica’s has more potential.

4. Alina November 18, 2014 at 15:00 #

I kinda like both of them.

5. Bailey November 18, 2014 at 13:26 #

Yes, Jessica needed a different bra and she is trying WAY too hard. Dislike. However, Ashlee seems to know what she’s doing and chose a very nice dress that makes her noticed but doesn’t put her on display too much

6. Yeliz November 18, 2014 at 11:07 #

Ashley looks fine, Jessica is trying too hard.

7. Christine November 18, 2014 at 10:55 #

Not liking either!

8. kane November 18, 2014 at 10:32 #

I find them both quite bland and uninteresting.

9. CreoleLady November 18, 2014 at 09:48 #

Agree with Andrea, I rather like Jessica’s look, support issues aside. Plus, her roots are done. I differ because I also like the accessories. I especially like how the wrist stack plays with metallic finishes, tying together dress, clutch and shoes. I appreciate that wrist close-up, thanks!

10. Andrea November 18, 2014 at 09:40 #

I actually like what Jessica is wearing, sans the overdose of embellishment on her wrist. The dress is really flattering on her and for once she isn’t wearing horrendously ugly, calf enhancing platforms. It’s really just the accessories letting her down.

I much prefer her outfit to Ashlee’s, which is just a bit boring and shapeless IMO.