Menu

Image by Rog Walker

Solange Knowles officially tied the knot with long-time beau Alan Ferguson in New Orleans on Sunday (November 16) in front of 200 family and friends, including big sis Beyonce Knowles, Blue Ivy, Jay Z and Tina Knowles.

The bride wore a stunning ivory cape gown created by Humberto Leon for Kenzo. The stunning gown will no doubt bring plenty of Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford comparisons; however, she makes this look her own with the Jill for Lady Gray cuffs, bright red lips and teased to new heights ‘fro.

Image by Rog Walker

It wasn’t only the bride who wore white; the groom did too, wearing a Lanvin suit and shirt sans tie, styling his look with toecap Lanvin shoes. Beyonce wore a Torn by Ronny Kobo ‘Maggie’ dress with white platform shoes, while Mama Knowles chose a gorgeous figure-hugging white frock by Roland Mouret.

Solange Knowles Stéphane Rolland Fall 2012 Couture

For the pre-wedding festivities, Solange also wore a caped look. On this occasion she donned a Stéphane Rolland Fall 2012 Couture jumpsuit with a cut-out back and cape detail.

Solange Knowles Stéphane Rolland Spring 2014 Couture

For the after-party she wore a one-leg Stéphane Rolland Spring 2014 Couture jumpsuit with lighter-than-air frothy asymmetrical layers which she styled with white Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals.

Solange Knowles Stéphane Rolland Spring 2014 Couture2

It’s interesting how this final Stéphane Rolland Spring 2014 Couture jumpsuit incorporates elements of the previous two.

She looked absolutely spectacular in all her looks. Chic and refined with a hint of drama, plenty of romanticism and touch of boobage.

Congrats to the gorgeous couple.

Credit: Style.com, Rog Walker & Getty

Dakota Fanning In Saint Laurent - Barneys New York 'Baz Dazzled' Holiday Window Unveiling Dinner

Dakota Fanning In Saint Laurent – Barneys New York ‘Baz Dazzled’ Holiday Window Unveiling Dinner

Angelina Jolie In Gucci Première - 'Unbroken' Sydney Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Gucci Première – ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere

46 Responses to Solange Knowles Wore A Kenzo Gown & Three Stéphane Rolland Couture Jumpsuits On Her Wedding Day

1. Susannah November 18, 2014 at 14:07 #

I’ve never seen a wedding like this and I love it. Traditional wedding dresses are fine if that’s your thing but this is so different and amazingly stylish that it actually makes wedding pictures interesting when they’re usually so dull and boring,
    After seeing Silange in her wedding dress, I’m thinking they made a mistake by not choosing her as Wonder Woman!

2. CreoleLady November 18, 2014 at 09:00 #

J’adore the gown, h2t. Love how the wedding celebrations have an elegantly decadent party vibe — a Mardi Gras in white — reflective of the marvelous city that which is the setting. Yes, I am biased, to the bone, I love New Orleans. The only thing missing is a touch of purple and green to go with the gold. But everyone looks so great in white, I can overlook that, lol. Simply looks like a lot of fun….

3. Denise November 18, 2014 at 06:56 #

Love the Kenzo gown and her gorgeous fro. The jumpsuits… not so much. Too much boobage for a bride imo. Congrats all the same.

4. Chris November 18, 2014 at 02:10 #

I don’t strongly dislike any of the jumpsuits, but none of them really speak to me. The Kenzo gown, however, is not only a highlight in Solange’s fashion, but also a sky-high moment for the brand.

5. brat November 17, 2014 at 23:55 #

I love her wedding dress and her first Stephanie Rolland. The rest is a fail. Her Afro is a personal choice, I think she wears it well.

6. kelly November 17, 2014 at 23:44 #

I am not into that final Stéphane Rolland….sorry Solo its a little too much titty for a wedding day. Might be just the photo here tho, i hope. That first dress and cape is beautiful. Gorgeous bride. Nice shot of her with her sis, mom and bridesmaids (i assume) but some smiles would make it even better

7. BRice November 17, 2014 at 22:15 #

Gwyneth Paltrow and Tom Ford don’t own white column dresses with capes. I’m sure people did them before and will do more in the future. Solange looked stunning. I hope Kenzo considers doing a line of ultra modern bridal gowns

8. simone November 17, 2014 at 21:44 #

Uggggh it makes me so frustrated that Solange has received no backlash whatsoever from her disgusting behaviour in the elevator after the Met Gala….can you imagine if the tables were turned and Jay Z had been beating on her? We’d be calling for his head! But since it was a woman hitting a man, it’s cool, its hilarious, she was just drunk etc etc.

I have lost total respect for her and can’t stand her constant smug smile, she’s her own biggest fan..

• spring November 29, 2014 at 18:43 #

Ditto.

9. Bailey November 17, 2014 at 20:18 #

I thought the Stéphane Rolland Spring 2014 dress was kind of nice until I read and noticed it was a one-leg pantsuit.What the heck is that? These looks are too out there for me but to each their own…

10. EmmaR November 17, 2014 at 20:07 #

Divine.. The dress is simply perfect on her. I love how she managed to be the perfect bride in her own style.. she even put her bouquet on her bike! She is definitely not the traditional bride we could think of, and it’s refreshing to see these looks for a wedding

11. jb November 17, 2014 at 18:16 #

pinksugar, I would like to know what makes her own natural hair ridiculous?

12. kane November 17, 2014 at 18:10 #

I’m on the fence on this one and I’m happy to sit on said fence on my own, that’s fine. I appreciate the versatility of the looks, but none wows me–I’m intrigued but not entirely convinced even by the Humberto Leon for Kenzo. What is more, it may be different but I don’t get any bridal vibe from this–even less from the Clooney celebrations. They are nice, fashionable party looks, all you need to change is the colour if anything. The group photo too is more of a high priestess and her army photo shooting. The gamble didn’t pay off for me.

• CreoleLady November 18, 2014 at 09:32 #

Lol, this is New Orleans, city of voodoo and vampires, mysticism and music, praying and partying. High priestess and her army couldn’t be more perfect.

13. Phoenix November 17, 2014 at 18:07 #

Like the wedding gown. Totally her. I like the first Rolland too, but it feels like its missing the belt….the other two Rollands seem kind of sloppy on her. Not translating well at all.

14. michaboa November 17, 2014 at 18:05 #

Solange looks amazing and happy. She wore another dress fora her reception that had a high slit. I LOVE that she had her ‘fro out. There is nothing ridiculous, as another poster suggested, about her hair.

15. amy November 17, 2014 at 17:31 #

I love the fact that her wedding looks are as original as her usual clothing choices, very bold and chic. Bey’s shoes are horrendous.

• effieee November 18, 2014 at 02:53 #

Agreed on all points. Especially the one about Beyonce’s shoes. The first thing I saw in the photo was her shoes and I couldn’t fathom how awful they were.

Solange looks flawless. Yes, the Kenzo gown is very Tom Ford, but seeing Solange in it, Gwyneth was the last thing on my mind.

16. Nicky November 17, 2014 at 15:52 #

Love everything, especially the Kenzo gown. One of the most interesting and unique weddings I’ve ever seen, in terms of fashion.

17. Godiva November 17, 2014 at 15:16 #

This is the new glamour!! She has certainly become a new style icon! Love it!

18. Christine November 17, 2014 at 15:14 #

No idea why the comment is under moderation but wow she looks BDOTY worthy!!!

19. Nat November 17, 2014 at 15:12 #

I don’t like her style on daily basis but I am obsessed with all her wedding looks. Perfection and she slayed them all. She will be on my BDOTY list for these looks especially her wedding gown.

20. Christine November 17, 2014 at 15:08 #

Awwwwww she looks amazing!!!!!! Love that gown!!!! She looks good in all outfits! Wow talk about the best dressed wedding of the year.

21. mm November 17, 2014 at 15:07 #

Stunning and true to her style. every look is gorgeous. I love the family pic which appears to capture each ladies individual style as well.

22. ala November 17, 2014 at 15:02 #

Sensational.

• Patricia November 18, 2014 at 12:10 #

You guys are paranoic seeing racism everywhere. Saying this hairdo is ridiculous is not related to her skin tone. If she were white with the same hairstyle, pretty sure pinksugar would think the same about it.
      Imagine that a black girl says she doesn’t like that ridiculous long black straight hair distinctive of chinese women. Would it be racist too? Please girls.

• Amanda November 18, 2014 at 17:45 #

Your so-called hypothetical examples are what are truly ridiculous because you know full-well that Asian women and / or white women are hardly ever mocked for just wearing their hair in its natural state. “Long straight hair” is considered the beauty standard and nine out of ten times it is admired and celebrated, rather than mocked.
        Solange is simply wearing her hair natural and that is how Afro-textured hair looks when it is natural. There is nothing ridiculous about it. And yes, it is racist to say otherwise.

• Gemma Rockets November 19, 2014 at 03:12 #

• Patricia November 24, 2014 at 14:01 #

You said yourself, long straight hair is considered beauty standard and that’s because some people don’t like Solange’s hair. It seems to be a thing of beauty point of view to me. Not racist at all…

23. pinksugar November 17, 2014 at 14:57 #

The wedding gown is pretty but it is totally a rip off of the Tom Ford dress. The jumpsuit is terribly unflattering as you can see her saggy breasts wanting to pop out, and as usual I despise the ridiculous hair. This wedding just seems too try-hard to me.

• Carla November 17, 2014 at 20:58 #

You may not like this look but there is NOTHING saggy about her breasts, and what is try-hard about these minimalist looks? If you just don’t like Solange, say that, but your observations are absurd.

And since when are Afros ridiculous? That borders on racist.

• chocolate shake November 17, 2014 at 23:18 #

Okay racist u might not like her ‘ridiculous’ hair but a lot of black girls appreciate her celebrating our hair in its natural state

• kelly November 17, 2014 at 23:42 #

very ignorant, a beautiful fro is not ridiculous…

• Gemma Rockets November 18, 2014 at 02:00 #

Agree with Carla, Kelly and chocolate shake on this… Saggy breasts or not (and they’re really not) it’s inappropriate to make a comment about someone’s body like that. And to call Solange’s hair ridiculous IS racist. It’s comments like that about natural hair that make it harder for women of colour to embrace their beautiful hair.

For what it’s worth, I think Solange looks unbelievable in all these outfits.

24. Iva November 17, 2014 at 14:37 #

I like everything here but I LOVE Kenzo dress.

25. Yeliz November 17, 2014 at 14:34 #

All of these looks suit to her style. The wedding gown and the Fall 2012 Couture jumpsuit are my faves. Congrats to the newlyweds!

26. dee November 17, 2014 at 14:19 #

I only like the Kenzo gown. I don’t like the photo with the bridal party.

27. gabis November 17, 2014 at 14:09 #

The Kenzo dress is modern and unconventional for a bride and perfect for her. I could never imagine Solange in a traditional wedding dress anyway. BDOTW and BDOTY worthy.

28. annette November 17, 2014 at 14:05 #

Solange is the only person who I actually cheered to see in a one legged jumpsuit. No one else could pull it off with half the effortlessness and cool factor that she can. Totally and utterly flawless.

Janelle Monae’s standing just behind Bey in the short, 3/4 sleeve jumper dress.

• Amanda November 17, 2014 at 14:56 #

Well spotted! I didn’t recognize that was Janelle at all.

29. Alina November 17, 2014 at 13:58 #

I love how she found a way to stay true to her style. The Humberto Leon for Kenzo look is my favourite. Absolutely stunning!

The picture with the female guests is sooo beautiful!

• Fiona-Brasil November 17, 2014 at 14:08 #

+ 1

• anu November 17, 2014 at 14:26 #

so unique and so original! Loved it!

• justme November 17, 2014 at 14:47 #

Exactly, she stayed true to who she is and looked amazing while doing so.

30. Lei November 17, 2014 at 13:46 #

I love that her wedding outfits were so in keeping with her eclectic style! She looked absolutely stunning in them all but the Humberto Leon for Kenzo gown was my fave.
    x

• Kate November 17, 2014 at 15:50 #

+1. The Humberto Leon for Kenzo was my favorite too! She looked gorgeous in each look!