Menu

Lupita Nyong’o In Chanel Couture – Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Lupita Nyong'o In Chanel Couture - Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Glamour hosted their annual 2014 Women Of The Year Awards held at Carnegie Hall on Monday (November 10) in New York City, inviting their woman of the year and current cover girl, Lupita Nyong’o.

Of course she served up a high-fashion look, donning an off-white Chanel Fall 2014 Couture neoprene dress embroidered with gold, red and coral beads, paired with matching cycling shorts.

I love how considered the styling is, with gold Kurt Geiger ‘Anja’ pumps, shimmering gold eye makeup and a rouge lip to complement the beaded detailing.

It’s not easy to pull off this style of look; it takes a great deal of confidence and poise, which Lupita has in spades.

I’m already looking forward to her next look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Baby2Baby Gala?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Baby2Baby Gala?

Keira Knightley In Erdem - Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Keira Knightley In Erdem – Jimmy Kimmel Live!

21 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o In Chanel Couture – Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

1. Peony November 12, 2014 at 01:51 #

This is just okay. She looks stiff, like she’s in costume. I would have liked to see this on someone like Diane Kruger.

2. Nat November 11, 2014 at 20:10 #

She looks stunning. I am so glad to see her back here and see her wearing my favorite look of this Chanel couture collection.

3. Alina November 11, 2014 at 18:41 #

LOOOVE this! Glad to see her back on the RC.

4. Phoenix November 11, 2014 at 17:24 #

I agree that she can totally make this dress work, but danggggg does it ever look stiff and uncomfortable.

5. Camille November 11, 2014 at 17:16 #

Perfection! I see shades of a 1960’s Audrey Hepburn in this dress and then the thoroughly modern glimpse of the embellished biker short brings us back to today. A whimsical combination of modern and baroque elements, between the fabric, the embellishment, the colors the silhouette. Love it and very few besides Lupita could pull this off so flawlessly.

6. sophie November 11, 2014 at 17:08 #

She looks great, but Lupita in Chanel is boring. Her personality is hidden in Chanel.

7. amy November 11, 2014 at 16:56 #

the shoes are meh but the dress is pure perfection. the contrast between the white and her skin is amazing. I really like the gold details. this is nice & fashionable.

8. Courtney Klein November 11, 2014 at 16:48 #

I love Lupita she is my style star but this dress looks matronly on her and a bit Mary Poppins.

9. Andrea November 11, 2014 at 16:21 #

Class act Lupita! this is how you wear Chanel, I always feel like you have to be a very classy and confident woman in order to shine in Chanel because is not an easy brand to wear. She looks regal and beautiful. Cameron Silver said on his Instagram page that Lupita actually bought this dress, I’ve never heard of celebrities buying haute couture pieces but if I’ve had the money I’d definitely buy that Chanel dress too.

10. pinksugar November 11, 2014 at 16:02 #

Absolutely beautiful. Ladylike, glamorous, and effortless. All things Lupita.

11. AB November 11, 2014 at 15:14 #

I’m really loving this look on her. She looks avant-garde, glamorous and adorable.

12. Larissa November 11, 2014 at 15:03 #

YES my girl is back on the red carpet looking flawless! She wears this quite heavy dress effortlessly as always, I probably wouldn’t have loved it on someone else.

13. Carrie November 11, 2014 at 14:13 #

The whole look is very cohesive. I like it!

14. dee November 11, 2014 at 14:05 #

She looks stunning. Love the look from h2t.

15. Yeliz November 11, 2014 at 13:48 #

Gorgeous. She made me love the dress.

16. Ramsay November 11, 2014 at 13:42 #

Stunning – the epitome of chic really
    I love how rich the outfit is (with all that gold embroidery) with one of its elements being cycling shorts – Karl knows how to do a reverent / irreverent couture
    White looks always great on her
    Another look for the BDOTW poll

17. LOLA November 11, 2014 at 13:23 #

You need to have personality and confidence to wear Chanel. This is for me the reason why a lot of people don’t look good in Chanel.
    But, Lupita is a kind a girl born to wear Chanel.
    I love this look but the shoes are not sexy enough.

Thank god she’s not wearing Dior.

• Andrea November 11, 2014 at 15:03 #

• JC November 12, 2014 at 05:06 #

LOL I don’t know what you’re talking about, the last time she wore Dior was this

18. Christine November 11, 2014 at 13:10 #

White shoes would’ve been better. I like everything but the shoes

• kane November 11, 2014 at 13:25 #

My thoughts too. She looks stunning nonetheless!