Menu

Solange Knowles In Josh Goot – Derby Day

Solange Knowles In Josh Goot - Derby Day

From Manila to Melbourne, Solange Knowles took her sartorial style down under for Derby Day held at Flemington Racecourse on Saturday (November 1) in Australia.

The singer/DJ supported local designer Josh Goot, by wearing a grid printed dress featuring a halter neck, open back, peplum waist and a tonal printed sheer organza skirt from his Resort 2015 collection.

While this perhaps needed to be taken in at the waist a little, I’m still in awe of this look.

Styled simply with black strappy sandals, she opted to forgo the obligatory hat in favour for some dramatic eye makeup.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Monica Vinader's Vega Collection On Net-A-Porter

Monica Vinader’s Vega Collection On Net-A-Porter

Alessandra Ambrosio's twenty tees Leopard Sweatshirt & Mother The Cropped Looker Skinny Jeans

Alessandra Ambrosio’s twenty tees Leopard Sweatshirt & Mother The Cropped Looker Skinny Jeans

15 Responses to Solange Knowles In Josh Goot – Derby Day

1. eminere November 4, 2014 at 10:31 #

This is such a hideous dress and so incredibly unflattering. The grand irony is that the designer’s partner is Vogue Australia’s fashion director.

2. Manoli November 4, 2014 at 07:31 #

I really don’t know why she is trying so hard to look ugly! her style is not edgy not catchy not freaky! Lady Gaga outfits looks a bit gorgeous than this.

3. Peony November 4, 2014 at 03:10 #

Er, this is incredibly unflattering. Could be a cute maternity look, however.

4. Revital November 4, 2014 at 00:10 #

OMG, this is the most unflattering top I’ve seen in a long while. I was actually wondering if there is a baby bump underneath or if she just gained weight…
    The rest of the outfit is probably not as bad but the top, tops it all…

5. Phoenix November 3, 2014 at 22:51 #

Very unflattering outfit.

6. kane November 3, 2014 at 19:25 #

Still unflattering but slightly more interesting than the other look.

7. Carrie November 3, 2014 at 19:06 #

Cool look! The midsection is not necessarily the most flattering, but this look still suits her well. I’m still a traditionalist though, in that I think a hat should be worn to horse racing events. That would have been interesting to see her do!

8. Yeliz November 3, 2014 at 18:46 #

I do like the ensemble but not on her, it makes her look wider than she normally is.

9. dee November 3, 2014 at 18:46 #

I like her hair and shoes but that’s it. This outfit is unflattering.

10. Christine November 3, 2014 at 18:42 #

Not liking this. Is she losing her mojo? Hope not

11. Nat39 November 3, 2014 at 18:08 #

Somehow it feels too conservative for her, the hair looks too funny, and perhaps needed a belt to define the waist and break up the boring print, it’s unflattering.

12. Rebecca Z November 3, 2014 at 18:03 #

I like this. She looks less wide when her arms are in front of the top, rather than behind it. Love her hair and love the makeup from a distance–close up shows an orange streak under each eye that is distracting.

13. Anderbobo November 3, 2014 at 17:58 #

Really not loving this, she has looked 10x better in many of her street style looks. I’d consider this a rare misstep. The hair/makeup is also kind of a mess.

14. elle November 3, 2014 at 17:55 #

I wonder if the reason this is a side shot in the lookbook is because even the model looked wide-waisted in this.
    While I love the hair and makeup a lot, I can’t comprehend how no one stopped Solange from wearing one of the most unflattering looks I’ve seen in a while.

• H November 4, 2014 at 15:02 #

I thought the same when I instantly saw her, maybe the photgrapher understood this would like shaped libe a box.