Menu

Julianne Hough In Georges Hobeika Couture – The Empire State Building

Julianne Hough In Georges Hobeika Couture - The Empire State Building

Julianne Hough lit The Empire State Building pink in honour of Plan International USA on Friday (October 10) in New York City.

I found myself head over heels in love with her Georges Hobeika Spring 2014 Couture short-sleeved white jumpsuit accented with a pearl-embellished bodice, with the most perfect illusion plunging off-the-shoulder neckline I’ve seen in a long while.

However, l feel like she was totally over dressed for the occasion.

Maybe my feelings about couture being saved for special occasions are outdated, but I feel this look was deserving for a grander occasion.

White satin Jerome C. Rousseau ‘Popp’ sandals and a hot-fuchsia lip rounded out Julianne’s look.

Overdressed, or why not wear a couture look to turn on the Empire State Building lights in the middle of the day?

Credit: Facebook & Getty

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The ALMA Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The ALMA Awards?

17 Responses to Julianne Hough In Georges Hobeika Couture – The Empire State Building

1. amy October 14, 2014 at 14:40 #

the jumpsuit makes her hips look way wider than they are. not very flattering. I don’t think she’s overdressed on the account, the outfit doesn’t really look like couture even if it is. It seems like a ready-to-wear piece so I don’t mind her wearing it for a daytime event

2. Peony October 14, 2014 at 02:36 #

I find this really unflattering. It makes her look wider than she is, and the creases on the pants don’t help. It looks classic and chic on the runway, but the execution is less so.

3. Marty October 14, 2014 at 02:34 #

Fabulous!! A tad overdressed for a daytime event, BUT she was lighting the building pink…doesn’t happen everyday;). BDOTW worthy!

4. cherrysoftness October 14, 2014 at 02:16 #

I think maybe she loved it and really wanted to wear it, and thought, “it’s pants, it’ll be fine, I’m not getting a presidential award over a luncheon anytime soon so I’m going to wear this now.”

5. bfly October 14, 2014 at 00:26 #

I really don’t get how this is unflattering. She looks excellent to me. Hair and makeup are stunning, in fact I think this is one of her best looks.

6. TeaAtTwo October 13, 2014 at 23:46 #

Well Lady Gaga wore Atelier Versace to arrive at airport so why not for this occasion. It’s not ostentatious but event appropriate, and props for the excellent illusion panel.

7. Valissa October 13, 2014 at 21:24 #

I find this (for lack of better words) ugly and unflattering. It’s couture but it looks cheap. I don’t think I’ve liked her style though…
    Her hair and makeup is nice, so I’ll give her that.

8. Phoenix October 13, 2014 at 20:03 #

Although I am finally loving her hair and makeup here, I cannot like this outfit on her. Its very unflattering to her body shape.

9. Larissa October 13, 2014 at 17:32 #

Not only she’s overdressed for the occasion,this is quite aging and unflattering too in my opinion. On the other hand she really has a beautiful face, love her makeup here.

10. Bailey October 13, 2014 at 17:28 #

Totally agree on her being too overdressed. It seems like a more casual event to me and this was over the top. Didn’t like the outfit anyway. Unflattering..

11. kane October 13, 2014 at 16:57 #

The fit’s a shame, but I like this.

12. dee October 13, 2014 at 16:56 #

The fit could be better but it’s not bad. This couture look isn’t that elaborate so I can deal with her wearing it for this occasion.

• Nat39 October 13, 2014 at 18:46 #

100% agree. The design is nothing too much, I don’t see any problem here, except the fit isn’t perfect her.

13. Yeliz October 13, 2014 at 16:55 #

I bit overdressed indeed, but I can overlook that, because she looks amazing. Love the jumpsuit, the illusion neckline works perfectly.

14. Christine October 13, 2014 at 16:33 #

She made it work. She looks nice

15. Pedro October 13, 2014 at 16:28 #

She is the new Paris Hilton… this girl does nothing relevant but is everywhere! lol

She looks beautiful

• pinksugar October 13, 2014 at 22:39 #

LOL she isn’t quite as bad as Paris yet but she’s quickly getting there. I do like this look regardless of the nature of the event. It’s one of the better moments she’s had of late.