Menu

30.09.14

Amal Alamuddin In Stella McCartney – Civil Ceremony

Amal Alamuddin In Stella McCartney - Civil Ceremony

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s wedding has had so much attention that you could liken it to a royal wedding.

The newlyweds were spotted at Venice City Hall on Monday (September 29) for their civil ceremony, looking very much in love.

Amal, who is swiftly becoming a style icon, was looking impossibly chic wearing a white two-piece Stella McCartney bespoke suit with black trim, a detail which also features on her hat.

You can’t help but admire the simplicity of the look, the clean lines and how statuesque she looks. That hat really elevates the look into screen-siren territory. I think this might be my favourite from this wedding bonanza of fashion.

The look was complete with a Stella McCartney ‘Beckett’ clutch and cream peep-toes.

Credit: FameFlynet

Rosamund Pike In Altuzarra -  'Gone Girl' World Premiere

Rosamund Pike In Altuzarra – ‘Gone Girl’ World Premiere

Miranda Kerr In Versus Versace - Stuart Weitzman Cocktail Party

Miranda Kerr In Versus Versace – Stuart Weitzman Cocktail Party

29 Responses to Amal Alamuddin In Stella McCartney – Civil Ceremony

1. amy October 2, 2014 at 18:12 #

this is utterly chic. impeccable

2. Revital October 2, 2014 at 09:11 #

as much as I adore amal’s look, and I agree this one is the best, I think calling her a style icon is premature. I don’t think we will be seeing much of her in the future. As George Clooni’s wife , naturally she was the center of interest this weekend but I don’t think she’ll be interesting enough to follow in the future…

3. Peony October 1, 2014 at 04:42 #

This is my favourite out of all of her Venice looks. She looks great, and it’s the perfect silhouette for her figure.

Is it just me, or does she seem really enamored of all the media attention? I’ve seen very few shots of her engaging with her husband…she’s almost always smiling and posing for the paparazzi.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 1, 2014 at 00:48 #

My new Girl Crush. I am in love with her breezy style. Divine.

• Jess2 October 2, 2014 at 16:42 #

You read my mind!!! So much love!

5. brat September 30, 2014 at 22:13 #

Wearing couture does not a style icon make. I really like this look but she’s been very hit or miss.

6. dressaddict September 30, 2014 at 18:42 #

I love it, modern and retro in the same time!

It looked like it was a fashion fest for Amal as I’ve just seen another dress, the one she wore at the party, a short, fringed-beaded white-silver dress, just as beautiful as the others. I think I found a new favorite 😉

7. Cássia September 30, 2014 at 17:52 #

She’s my new girl crush! I can’t wait to see her in red carpets!

8. Gha September 30, 2014 at 17:21 #

She really looks fabulous. So much class, so much style, so much energy… She’s wearing the look, it’s not wearing her. Plus it looks so effortless. I love everything, including the hat, it’s beautiful and so classy ! Kate (and other royals) should really look up to Amal, that is a fine hat, and that the way you wear it.

9. sophie September 30, 2014 at 16:53 #

Love everything but the color of the clutch.

10. pinksugar September 30, 2014 at 16:39 #

I didn’t care for her wedding gown but every other looks has been phenomenal. This is by far my favorite. BDOTW contender for me.

11. Nat39 September 30, 2014 at 16:03 #

Her best look so far.

12. Pedro September 30, 2014 at 15:54 #

Wow wow wow

She looks so royal! I’m in love with her style

13. elena September 30, 2014 at 15:49 #

The best look out of the 4 for me!! Simple, chic and elegant!

14. Phoenix September 30, 2014 at 15:09 #

h2t great. including the hat. classy and oh so ladylike. lovely girl

15. Yeliz September 30, 2014 at 14:14 #

This is my fave from all of her wedding looks too. She looks so chic.

16. Giada September 30, 2014 at 13:59 #

The suit is very chic and looks fabulous on her, but looking at other photos I saw on the Daily Mail, I disliked how the hat sat on her head. It sat really high, like it didn;t fit properly. It looked off somehow.

• Lee Ann September 30, 2014 at 16:58 #

You are right , she has it placed too far back on her head

17. dee September 30, 2014 at 13:52 #

Not really liking this so much. The hat is not working with the outfit and the outfit is very boring.

18. Denise September 30, 2014 at 12:59 #

She is a vision ! I have a major girl crash. Love this on her.

19. demujermoda September 30, 2014 at 12:09 #

A very good look! Es una mujer con mucha clase.

20. LeeAnn September 30, 2014 at 12:02 #

The hat is too floppy and not structured enough for the look and hence too informal. To me it lowers the look it doesn’t elevate it . The trousers are dragging a bit too much on the ground but she does look beautiful and it’s nice to see a woman inject energy into her look rather than suck the life out of it

21. LOLA September 30, 2014 at 11:41 #

I love when a bride dress to suit her personality and her style instead of dressing the way a bride is supposed to dress.
    It is your wedding girl, you better work.

22. Marcel September 30, 2014 at 11:38 #

Well it seems that as a matter of fact skinners ARE winners . I love this outing. Not much the hat, but it does elevates the look.

• kane September 30, 2014 at 23:08 #

There are other body shapes that, if dressed with skill and a good eye, can be winners as well. She dressed very well for her personal body type, but it’s not the only type that can be a ‘winner.’

23. Christine September 30, 2014 at 11:33 #

This is perfect! She dresses better than a modern royal.

She is giving me Jackie O vibes. Classic!

• Fiona-Brasil September 30, 2014 at 21:57 #

+ 1.Sublime!

24. kane September 30, 2014 at 11:30 #

Ah, there it is. J’adore. I’m not entirely convinced by the clutch, but the suit with the hat is divine. Easily my favourite of the bunch as well.

However, I get a very, while stylish, un-bridal vibe from it–and I am not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing. I always find it funny when people write about a bridal feel when it’s, to me, just a white dress, but maybe now I understand what they mean. This is a fabulous ensemble to stroll through Venice, but maybe not entirely up to the task of fitting a civil marriage ceremony. Still, love it, no question there.

• gabis September 30, 2014 at 21:55 #