Menu

Jessica Simpson In McQ Alexander McQueen – Out In New York City

Jessica Simpson In McQ Alexander McQueen - Out In New York City

Jessica Simpson made a guest appearance on the ‘Today Show’ on Wednesday (September 23), where she slammed the media for criticizing her post-baby body.

Usually favouring a bandage-style dress, the singer opted for something a lot different, donning a McQ Alexander McQueen mini dress featuring an artfully draped top and straight-cut skirt comprised of two tartan plaid patterns.

McQ is quite a rebellious brand, so I love the idea of mismatched plaids. The military-style belt further toughens up the look, plus it nips Jessica in at the waist.

I have a feeling many will dislike this look, but I found myself liking it from the ankles up. Mostly for the change in direction.

Not only am I over platform shoes, but I also think some cute open-te booties would’ve been better in tune with the spirit of this look. Had she opted for a blazer with this look, perhaps I would’ve given the shoes a pass.

You can buy Jessica’s McQ Alexander McQueen Tartan Drape Top Dress from
MatchesFashion.com, Net-A-Porter.com, theCorner.com, Nordstrom and McQ Alexander McQueen.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Paloma Faith In Dolce & Gabbana - Late Show With David Letterman

Paloma Faith In Dolce & Gabbana – Late Show With David Letterman

Victoria Beckham's Victoria Beckham Printed Top

Victoria Beckham’s Victoria Beckham Printed Top

15 Responses to Jessica Simpson In McQ Alexander McQueen – Out In New York City

1. ayatlaw September 26, 2014 at 15:10 #

I’m sorry-just no. While I applaud her getting rid of her baby weight, me thinks perhaps she has gone to far…overall the hair, makeup, shoes are all unflattering. She does not have the cool girl factor for this dress. I would be fine if she fine tuned her regular style-starting with her choice of shoes!

2. cherrysoftness September 26, 2014 at 02:52 #

Is this Jessica Simpson?? *looks at shoes* Oh yeah, it is.

At least she didn’t go all out country with this “checkered shirt dress!” ensemble and wore it with Elvis style boots and a cowboy hat. I don’t think she can pull off ankle boots but at least maybe a pair of barely there shoes and a ponytail would have made this suit her more (although I think she still looks good, she kind of has a glow).

3. somewhere September 25, 2014 at 21:32 #

I LOVE this dress!! I wish I had seen it on someone like Solange Knowles.

4. Yeliz September 25, 2014 at 19:10 #

I really like the dress but not on her and no to the shoes.

5. Phoenix September 25, 2014 at 14:56 #

I’m not so sure I like this on her. I like the interesting dress, just doesn’t seem to suit her though. And her hair down over her shoulders here is bothering me.

6. pinksugar September 25, 2014 at 14:55 #

She always chooses the worst footwear. Always something far too high and chunky. The outfit itself is ok, unfortunately all I ever see when I look at her are those crazy calves.

7. Jessica September 25, 2014 at 14:04 #

Like most have stated, I like it from the ankles up! She looks pretty fierce!

8. marie September 25, 2014 at 13:15 #

The shoes are the worst choice with this look, a ponytail would’ve been better because her long waves disturb the busy pattern.
    But, seriously, I want this dress, like, now.

9. Alina September 25, 2014 at 11:43 #

I would have liked the dress on her, had it been knee-length.

10. Marcel September 25, 2014 at 11:17 #

I like the dress a lot but Jessica lacks the cool factor to wear it well.
    Booties for her sturdy legs ? I don’t think so , as it would make them look shorter. But I also dislike the platforms.
    That said, she looks nice ankles up.

11. Mick September 25, 2014 at 11:07 #

No. On the lookbook model it’s fun, cool and edgy. On Jessica it’s just kind of tacky. And those shoes…so dated!

• Christine September 25, 2014 at 11:16 #

Agreed. Not a fan of her style

• Meme September 25, 2014 at 13:22 #

She’s not edgy and can’t pull off McQueen but it looks great on the model.

• Meme September 25, 2014 at 13:22 #

She’s not edgy and can’t pull off McQueen but it looks great on the model.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion blog) September 25, 2014 at 16:50 #