Catherine Deneuve In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture - '3 Coeurs' Venice Film Festival Premiere

After the photo call, Catherine Deneuve was back in red-carpet stride for the ‘3 Coeurs’ premiere at the 2014 Venice Film Festival in Venice, Italy on Saturday (August 30).

For the occasion, the French actress wore a French designer, donning a Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2014 Couture dress. She accessorized with a sparkling black Fendi clutch, Pomellato jewels and black embellished sandals.

I wanted to like this moment, if only for the magical, electric blue colour of the gown. Sadly, the trellis-like black embroidery that traced down the centre of the gown into a tulle-accented hem only served as a distraction.

That said, it was the quarterback shoulders that really turned me off this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zendaya Coleman In Naked Undies & Elisabetta Franchi - Trevor Jackson's Monster 18th Birthday Party

Zendaya Coleman In Naked Undies & Elisabetta Franchi – Trevor Jackson’s Monster 18th Birthday Party

Rihanna In Natalie Martin - Out In Sardinia

Rihanna In Natalie Martin – Out In Sardinia

14 Responses to Catherine Deneuve In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – ‘3 Coeurs’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Marcel September 1, 2014 at 11:22 #

The dress is hideous. For a moment I thought it was a Prada concoction. The level of ugliness is very much similar to Miuccia’s disasters.
    It looks like something a queen from a distant planet would wear in a set of Star Trek.

• George September 2, 2014 at 20:48 #

Hahahaha what a hilarious comment! Totally agree.

2. Peony September 1, 2014 at 11:26 #

She is a supremely beautiful woman, however this dress should be taken out the back and set on fire. It really does look like a costume from some tacky sci-fi movie.

3. Fiona-Brasil September 1, 2014 at 12:39 #

I adore Catherine Deneuve . She is indeed an icon of several generations.Doesn’t a woman like that has an stylist ( or a daughter ) to advise her what to wear (or not )?

4. manja September 1, 2014 at 13:25 #

looking at the model and then on to CD,well it might be as well from diff universe,as this dress is not suited to CD,and the way she is standing proves my point,feeling so very uncomfartable and stiff.bad choice for her,and the photo call look was not much better either.so maybe time to hire a stylist?!

5. LeeAnn September 1, 2014 at 13:59 #

Seeing her in this makes me mourn the passing of YSL even more because she always looked so elegant in his clothes. Unfortunately she just looks tragic in this .

6. Christine September 1, 2014 at 14:09 #

7. Noemi September 1, 2014 at 15:04 #

I’m sorry to write this because she’s Catherine Deneuve but I find this dress really ugly. The runway version is better, but that’s a fashion show and this dress probably should have stayed there.
    I agree, FC, the “quarterback shoulders” are the worse thing of the dress, which is unflattering.

8. Yeliz September 1, 2014 at 18:36 #

This doesn’t work at all.

9. Phoenix September 1, 2014 at 19:09 #

I agree with everyone else. Just a no.

10. kane September 1, 2014 at 19:57 #

She clearly didn’t look into a mirror on the way out. There is no other way to explain this disaster. I don’t love the runway version either, but I guess it works.

11. Nat39 September 1, 2014 at 20:46 #

Looks like a cheap costume on her.

12. Nicky September 1, 2014 at 23:41 #

Oh goodness no. Her posing is what really turns me off. She looks stuck in a strait jacket and can’t move.

13. Markness September 2, 2014 at 03:40 #

Wrong dress for her. That said, the dress was very much altered from the runway. Has she worn the runway version, it would’ve looked good.