29.08.14

'Miu Miu Women's Tales #7 - #8' Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘Miu Miu Women’s Tales #7 – #8′ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Lena Dunham New York Times Quote

Lena Dunham New York Times Quote

17 Responses to Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

1. n August 29, 2014 at 18:47 #

where is that guess who wore it thursday feature for this week?

2. julyol1972 August 29, 2014 at 19:09 #

Yay! I’ve been checking back for this particular post for the last couple days.

I had Teyonah as my Best Dressed, but Michelle and Alison looked so gorgeous, I can’t quibble about their win.

Totally agree about Lena. That dress will now join the ranks of the Bjork Swan Dress in fashion history. I’m also really disappointed by Juliana Margulies, as the back of her dress was five times worse than the front. Heidi Klum totally redeemed herself for years of fashion eyesores, as did Halle.

I do wonder how Claire Dane feels having her name discussed in the same sentence as Kim K’s. No established celebrity wants to know they’re unintentionally wearing the retread of something a Kardashian wore first. If it were me, my stylist and I would be having a serious sit down.

3. mm August 29, 2014 at 19:13 #

that dress does look similar to KK’s wedding dress, good catch. LOL. I love KK wedding address, this red dress not so much

maybe somebody best hair and makeup category on your list??

4. ggg August 29, 2014 at 19:18 #

Love all of this hilarious and cheeky categories! Thanks FC! Always a pleasure coming on this site… :)

5. EmmaWoodhouse August 29, 2014 at 20:45 #

I think it was a really strong year! So many bright and beautiful looks. Allison Williams was my fave! Thanks for remarkable coverage as always, FC and team!

6. Nat39 August 29, 2014 at 21:24 #

Glad to see Michelle. The colours against her porcelain skin, her serene elegant presence were mesmerizing. Allison looked sweet and adorable, I just wasn’t particularly fond of the bodice, the design is a tad childish.
    Nikolaj was an easy pick in menswear – so very handsome and dapper, and the pocket square sealed the deal for me.

• Nat39 August 30, 2014 at 02:48 #

Lizzy looked gorgeous and regal, indeed, but unfortunately her black-and-white look felt like an echo of the awards season, wish she’d surprised us with a fresher look.

• Nat39 August 30, 2014 at 03:09 #

…and I’d like to give Lena “The look I want to forget” Award.

7. Yeliz August 29, 2014 at 21:35 #

Great categories. My personal favourite was Lizzy, but Michelle and Allison were in my Top 5.

8. Elizabeth August 30, 2014 at 10:53 #

I can’t believe Michelle is the best dressed. She looks like she’s wearing an IKEA duvet!

9. Nicky August 30, 2014 at 15:35 #

Agreed about Heidi and Kerry. Strongly disagree about Julianna Margulies, I thought she looked fantastic.

10. kelly August 31, 2014 at 19:15 #

super strongly disagree about julianna!!! but loved tenoyah, she was my fave

11. tom August 31, 2014 at 23:51 #

12. tom August 31, 2014 at 23:56 #

i would rank lena dunham’s dress above michelle dockery’s dress…i absolutely hated it…it made no sense to me….it was frumpy and bulky…but i do agree with the choice of alison williams.

13. Carrie September 2, 2014 at 16:54 #

Completely agree with your two best dressed choices!