Menu

26.08.14

‘Orange is the New Black’ @ The 2014 Emmy Awards

'Orange is the New Black' @ The 2014 Emmy Awards

The ‘Orange is the New Black’ cast seemed to dominate the red carpet at the 2014 Emmy Awards on Monday evening (August 25). We’ve seen Laura Prepon, Taylor Schilling and Laverne Cox; now here’s a look at how the others look so very good when not wearing their prison garb.

Uzo Aduba: The most jaw-dropping of them all was Uzo, who stunned wearing a breathtaking Christian Siriano custom lipstick-red silk gown with cascading organza back flounces which place goosebumps on my goosebumps. Letting the gown do all the work, she styled the look with Fred Leighton gold jewels, sweeping her hair up into a neat bun. I would only remove the cuff, but otherwise: perfection.

Alysia Reiner: The actress wore an Alexander McQueen pretty pink gown with draped hips and a decadent arrangement of pearly beads and rhinestones on the front. A Jimmy Choo ‘Sweetie’ ombre clutch, silver Jimmy Choo shoes and Sidney Garber jewels accessorized the look. Only the limp hair is throwing me off this look.

'Orange is the New Black' @ The 2014 Emmy Awards 2

Danielle Brooks: Sporting a punkish ‘do, the actress looked breathtaking wearing a figure-flattering custom Nathaniel Paul white gown with a delicate embroidered bodice. Her styling was just as perfect as her gown, with a Swarovski clutch, Brumani bracelet, Antonini rings and Open Hearts by Jane Seymour™ collection earrings rounding out her look.

Samira Wiley: Christian Siriano had a great night on the Emmys red carpet, with Samira Wiley also gracing the red carpet in one of his designs. Only Graziela Gems ear cuffs and a ring by EFFY Jewelry accompanied her yellow trumpet gown which gave her an amazing silhouette.

'Orange is the New Black' @ The 2014 Emmy Awards 3

Dascha Polanco: I adore the calming mint-green hue of Dascha’s Johanna Johnson ball-gown. What a great way to make an entrance at a major awards show. Accented with a silver embellished waistband, I would’ve preferred this look without the necklace, but the overall styling, including the sparkling green eye makeup, couldn’t have been a more perfect way to complete this look. This is a gorgeous princess moment.

Madeline Brewer: The blonde beauty wore a figure-enhancing Theia Pre-Fall 2013 peacock strapless gown with an origami bodice for added flair. Madeline styled her look with a Lauren Merkin ‘Lucca’ clutch and a selection of jewels. She certainly held her own on this busy red carpet.

Teyonah Parris In Christian Siriano - 2014 Emmy Awards

Teyonah Parris In Christian Siriano – 2014 Emmy Awards

Robin Wright In Ralph Lauren - 2014 Emmy Awards

Robin Wright In Ralph Lauren – 2014 Emmy Awards

21 Responses to ‘Orange is the New Black’ @ The 2014 Emmy Awards

1. nico August 27, 2014 at 04:48 #

Is the one in the red, the transgender actor?

• McP August 27, 2014 at 10:57 #

Dascha’s photo is fairly forgiving on this angle. Side angle photos show how much she’s spilling over the top of the dress both front and back. I wonder who the heck didn’t fit her properly?

Danielle’s dress, on the other hand, fits perfectly.

@nico – No. Look for Laverne Cox in a white gown.

2. CreoleLady August 26, 2014 at 23:46 #

Danielle Brooks had me asking “who is that?!” She’s absolutely gorgeous in white. LOVE the hair, rock on.

3. vblover August 26, 2014 at 21:15 #

Danielle Brooks looks amazing– love her dress and her new hair!

I like Dascha too, but am I the only one who feels like the top might be a bit too tight?

4. dea August 26, 2014 at 19:38 #

First 4 ladies look beautifully dressed with few annoying bits and bobs (hair, makeup, accessories), but the last two, Dascha and Madeline, are a big no from me.
    Dascha looks like her dress is 4 sizes too small on top (though a beautiful dress otherwise) and Madeline’s dress is just hideous and unflattering.

5. Dhppy August 26, 2014 at 18:55 #

I thought Selenis Leyva was the loviest of this crew, but I can’t find the designer of her gown.

6. sophie August 26, 2014 at 17:26 #

I like all of them.

7. elle August 26, 2014 at 17:17 #

Danielle Brooks is my favorite; I love the different textures. Uzo also looks great and her seemingly genuine excitement is really amazing to see.

8. mattison August 26, 2014 at 16:32 #

I couldn’t take my eyes off of Uzo Aduba when she came onscreen- definitely one of the best of the night for me.

9. dee August 26, 2014 at 16:28 #

I love Uzo’s look.

10. julyol1972 August 26, 2014 at 16:12 #

Christian Siriano won the night, it appears, and good for him. I’ve held out hope that he would have the same recognition as the Naeem Khans, and Elie Saabs of the world, and last night he did. Being that designer from Project Runway has long been held against him in the fashion world…I hope this makes the others take notice.

Uzo has been flawless this awards season, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look at Crazy Eyes the same ever again.

11. Alina August 26, 2014 at 16:11 #

The first 4 ladies did a great job.

12. Lee Ann August 26, 2014 at 15:39 #

Crazy eyes looks fantastic!
    The last 2 need to wear gowns that fit.

13. tuftufwang August 26, 2014 at 15:38 #

So happy Christian Siriano is receiving great reviews for his dresses! The red gown is stunning

14. Nat39 August 26, 2014 at 15:31 #

Uzo is the standout in striking red.

• Christine August 26, 2014 at 22:06 #

She looks good +1

15. AW August 26, 2014 at 15:21 #

Of everyone here, Uzo is the only acceptable combination, the color is great on her skin even though the design is meh.

Dishonorable mention to Dascha because the bust way too small and Madeline because that material is the devil and that dress look likes David’s Bridal all the way.

• Niki August 27, 2014 at 00:42 #

Completely agree about Dascha, that was all I could look at! The bust and, frankly, the whole bodice of the dress is just far too small. Danielle’s look is the perfect example of how to dress to flatter a fuller figure. She looks stunning. Dascha needs to sack her stylist, pronto. And hire Danielle’s! My favourites are the Christian Siriano gowns, the colours and the silhouettes are just breathtaking.

16. Remage August 26, 2014 at 15:19 #

So wonderful to see a wide range of beautiful women, all shapes, all sizes and all proud of what they look like. We need more positive roll models like this ladies, they are all stunning, bravo!!!!!

• dee August 26, 2014 at 16:29 #

+100

• Remage August 26, 2014 at 17:25 #

Oops, role models, I meant.