Julia Roberts In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab Couture - 2014 Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts made a glorious showing at the 2014 Emmy Awards, hosted at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on Monday (August 25).

Nominated for ‘The Normal Heart,’ the sweetheart actress continued her chic streak in a rather charming yet completely stunning Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture scintillating, dark-blue cocktail frock featuring oversized beading, a riff on a peplum waist, and the perfect plunge neckline.

While many may have expected her to have a mannish moment or go for a simple gown, she took everyone by surprise in this statement mini number.

Sophisticatedly paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Vendome’ peep-toe pumps and Irene Neuwirth jewels, the dress with all its youthful, fun exuberance only reflects Julia’s million-dollar smile.

It certainly put a smile on my face.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Allison Williams In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2014 Emmy Awards

Allison Williams In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2014 Emmy Awards

Michelle Dockery In Rosie Assoulin - 2014 Emmy Awards

Michelle Dockery In Rosie Assoulin – 2014 Emmy Awards

24 Responses to Julia Roberts In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Emmy Awards

1. Christine August 26, 2014 at 02:25 #

Them shoes got to go but I love this dress on her. The smile is classic.

2. Nat39 August 26, 2014 at 02:26 #

The silhouette is too sweet and girly for her and I’m not excited about the fall navy hue.

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) August 26, 2014 at 02:27 #

Adore it on the model…on Julia, not so much.

• Anj August 26, 2014 at 03:15 #

Agreed. This is a great dress just not on Julia Roberts- and especially not with those shoes!

4. Kate August 26, 2014 at 02:28 #

I’m somewhat surprised that I find myself really liking this look. Her smile makes me like this even more!

5. dea August 26, 2014 at 02:32 #

Holy crap, is that Julia?!? :O
    What a transformation!
    If I were to nitpick, I’d say that the shoes are meh, but I kinda love this on her. I do like that she modified the neckline, so it’s more age appropriate and supports the twins better.

6. sharon August 26, 2014 at 02:32 #

love it……definitely one of better appearances…..and luk at those legs…..she is like a wine…gets better with age

7. valissa August 26, 2014 at 02:37 #

She’s still such a beautiful woman. Great hair, great skin, great body! She’s just glowing here and rocking the hell out of that Saab!
    Thumbs up for me!

8. Raquel August 26, 2014 at 02:52 #

In theory, I like it, but the hair is too meh for me.

9. Jess August 26, 2014 at 02:54 #

Love the actress, love the Saab, love the smile. Love it all together!

10. Dulcima August 26, 2014 at 02:54 #

What a gorgeous legs.

11. Kimma August 26, 2014 at 03:06 #

I really want to love this but it just feels too heavy for me. I think it needs the deeper v from the runway version.

12. Pedro August 26, 2014 at 03:11 #

She’s on a roll!

I love it

13. sophie August 26, 2014 at 03:41 #

I love it. I hoped for JLaw to wear it, but Julia does it justice.

14. the ogre August 26, 2014 at 04:48 #

She is such a wonder woman with that infectious smile. She’d look good in a paper sack as they say. She looked even better when she walked onto the stage. Great moment for Julia in my opinion. Sometimes it’s not about the dress but about the wearer.

15. Renata August 26, 2014 at 05:03 #

I love her and you can’t deny she looks incredible. But those shoes are so damn uninspiring.

16. Fiona - Perth August 26, 2014 at 05:35 #

Shoes are a few seasons old now and age the look a little, but I am still relieved to see her in a different look from her usual efforts. She looks good.

17. Alina August 26, 2014 at 06:25 #

Love that she seems to be enjoying herself on the red carpet, but this is a little too twee for her.

18. Ramsay August 26, 2014 at 08:34 #

I love her for taking awards dressing so lightly (she does not mind going for short dresses, black simple ones or jumpsuits)
    There is very little fuss about her approach and I respect that
    And to think that this short dress would have probably been considered too “simple” by some Hollywood starlets even for a movie premiere (one I can think of is Elizabeth Banks)
    Total respect to Julia for taking these things not too seriously

19. Marcel August 26, 2014 at 09:29 #

The embroidery is HORRENDOUS, reminds me of verrucas. Urgh…
    The shoes are grotesque. And that blue doesn’t go well with her skin tone.
    It is the biggest disappointment of the event for me.

20. Stel August 26, 2014 at 13:04 #

Something’s wrong for me.. The dress has volume and suddenly we see tiny legs.. The dress alone is gorgeous!

21. gabis August 26, 2014 at 13:32 #

I only like this from the neck up. Her hair looks fantastic. Major hair envy here. Makeup and earrings are gorgeous as well.
    As from the neck down, oh my, what a disaster. The design is too childish for her, the embroidery is fugly and the shoes are uninspired. All in all she looks like she was desperately trying to look younger.

22. marie August 26, 2014 at 18:00 #

She looks gorgeous and you totally forget – how old is she again?
    And she earned one of the rare places on the list of ladys who actually made platform heels work.
    Love it h2t

23. amy August 26, 2014 at 19:58 #

I like it. her hair is lackluster but it’s a nice dress