Christina Hendricks In Marchesa – 2014 Emmy Awards

Christina Hendricks In Marchesa - 2014 Emmy Awards

Christina Hendricks made a traffic-stopping entrance at the 2014 Emmy Awards, held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on Monday (August 25).

Echoing the colour of the red carpet, the ‘Mad Men’ actress slinked out a fiery crimson Marchesa Fall 2013 satin one-shoulder gown.

Opulence was this dress’s middle name with gold leaf filigree embroidery that likewise delivered a sense of romantic 18th century drama. It’s also what took the look to near costume-level proportions.

She kept the Midas moment alive and well with her metallic Lee Savage ‘Space’ clutch along with golden Neil Lane chandelier earrings and accompanying rows of bangles outfitting each wrist.

Factor in her own flame-red waves and ruby lip, and the effect was all a bit overly elaborate for my liking, and the excessive draping didn’t flatter her figure as well as I would have preferred.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julia Louis-Dreyfus In Carolina Herrera – 2014 Emmy Awards

Julia Louis-Dreyfus In Carolina Herrera – 2014 Emmy Awards

Keke Palmer In Rubin Singer - 2014 Emmy Awards

Keke Palmer In Rubin Singer – 2014 Emmy Awards

24 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Marchesa – 2014 Emmy Awards

1. Christine August 26, 2014 at 01:20 #

She deserves better than this cheap dress.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) August 26, 2014 at 01:20 #

Oh, I’m always so hopeful that one day, the lovely Christina could look tasteful on the RC. Cheesy and flammable…and how I loathe the hair. Big sigh!!!

• AW August 26, 2014 at 15:13 #

lmbo @ Cheesy and flammable!

You are so right!

3. Alex August 26, 2014 at 01:21 #

I think she looks incredible. She gives the dress the curves it deserves. I love the hair – love it all!

• arwa August 26, 2014 at 02:41 #

I wouldn’t say: “I love it”. However, I agree with everything you said. I think it’s looks nice.

4. dea August 26, 2014 at 01:22 #

I think this is the best she’s looked in a while (I hated all her recent looks), but I agree that it’s not the most flattering dress. It’s overly complicated and that seam just makes it look like she modified a mini dress. The color seems off too- like it’s a washed out red. Her hair needs a lot more volume to balance this out, as right now it just looks flat. And I don’t like this makeup look on her either.

5. julyol1972 August 26, 2014 at 01:24 #

Sorry, but have to say I love it!. Could she have done without one of the gold accessories…yeah! Do I care to nit pick? No! Cuz glory, hallelujah the girls have been wrangled, the gown fits, she looks happy, and I’m relieved.

• Lisa August 26, 2014 at 01:39 #

Haha, ITA. Don’t love it, but she looks a lot better than she usually does.

6. Marybeth August 26, 2014 at 01:38 #

WAY too much going on here with the bright red fabric, voluminous draping, golden embroidery, and red hair tumbling down.
    I can’t say I hate it — the look has a certain decadent charm— but I certainly can’t say I love it either.

7. Emma August 26, 2014 at 02:11 #

Terrible. I always have high hopes for Chrisitna but this look is just horrific. Cheap fabric, tacky embroidery and the cut of the dress does absolutely nothing to flatter her figure. Don’t get me started on the over styling and hair…. Disappointment of the night.

8. Kimma August 26, 2014 at 03:35 #

I don’t know if it’s just lighting or if the fabric has been changed, but the dress is lacking the gorgeous lustre and draping it had on the runway.

9. sophie August 26, 2014 at 03:59 #

Love it.

10. Rebecca o August 26, 2014 at 04:22 #

Don’t like this at all. The dress looks so cheap and badly made

11. Fiona - Perth August 26, 2014 at 05:07 #

I like the silhouette on her obviously and the colour is great but the draping is not a good idea, she really suits structure and great tailoring then she looks amazing. The ruching is unflattering sadly and unnecessary – bad choice.

12. Jen August 26, 2014 at 05:11 #

I think this is great! the only thing I don’t like is the centre-parted hair, actually.

13. Alina August 26, 2014 at 05:51 #

In theory, this should work. But it doesn’t.

14. Dhppy August 26, 2014 at 07:18 #

I’m getting “Christmas ornament” vibe from this.

15. Peony August 26, 2014 at 07:58 #

This could have been so much better! The draping is really poorly fitted, it hides her waist and isn’t very flattering. I would have also liked a soft up ‘do, the hair is really distracting from the elegant neckline.

16. Marcel August 26, 2014 at 11:24 #

It looks like the curtains of an old theater. There is just tooooooooooo much going on there.
    Anyway, I was not expecting much from her.

17. gabis August 26, 2014 at 13:51 #

Another Marchesa dress that went wrong. Newsflash…

18. Dana August 26, 2014 at 15:54 #

Marchesa is very hit or miss for me. I think the fabric looks cheap (reminds me of Katie Holmes’s Met Gala dress that I hated). Her hair (which is usually so beautiful and full of body) is flat and greasy looking; it makes me sad.

19. Parvati August 26, 2014 at 17:12 #

Given how we’ve got used to seeing her wear mostly black (or of any other dark color) outfits, I’m glad she wore such a bright color. She’s also sporting a different hairdo, so the whole look is a welcome change.

20. Magdalena August 26, 2014 at 19:30 #

She’s gorgeous. She’s looking very young so i like it.

21. amy August 26, 2014 at 20:02 #

too much fabric. but it’s not black so that’s worth celebrating