Ariana Grande In Moschino – 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

ArianaGrandeInMoschino2014VMA

Ariana Grande was one of the first stars to make her way down the red carpet at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards tonight (August 24) at The Forum in Los Angeles.

The singer wore a black leather mini dress from Moschino’s Resort 2015 collection paired with Tom Ford thigh-high boots.

Almost surprisingly, considering how huge the bare midriff trend still is, Ariana opted to keep the two-piece ensemble closed, but it definitely still packs a ‘tough girl’ punch.

To accent the look, the singer wore her now signature hairstyle of a high half-pony along with a lovely, matte red lip.

Are you liking this bad girl look on the young singer?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lizzy Caplan's Roksanda Ilincic 'Ayton' Colour-Block Maxi Skirt

Lizzy Caplan’s Roksanda Ilincic ‘Ayton’ Colour-Block Maxi Skirt

Jessie J In Vintage Halston - 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

Jessie J In Vintage Halston – 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

26 Responses to Ariana Grande In Moschino – 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

1. sophie August 25, 2014 at 01:07 #

She is so tacky, especially for someone who said she doesn’t do sexy and doesn’t want to be seen as a sex symbol.

• Heaven August 25, 2014 at 01:08 #

+1 don’t like that at all !!!!

2. Christine August 25, 2014 at 01:09 #

For this show, this is appropriate. Repeat, For THIS VMA show. But she looks like a little girl. I mean….I don’t buy sexy and edgy looks on her.

3. Chloe August 25, 2014 at 01:11 #

I can never get behind her style, especially that hair. Very tacky…

• Nay August 25, 2014 at 05:05 #

This is tacky as usual. The only difference is that this time she intended it to be tacky and usually it happens anyways.

4. yiota August 25, 2014 at 01:14 #

To me she looks like she’s playing dress up..Not liking this at all…And that hair need something,a haircut,a new hairstyle i don’t know what but they definately need something!

5. Nađa August 25, 2014 at 01:25 #

I don’t know who she is… But to me she looks like a 10 year old who is trying to be sexy, I hope she is older than that :)

6. gem August 25, 2014 at 01:44 #

No. This is horrific.

7. Alex August 25, 2014 at 01:48 #

This is wrong on so many levels.

8. mattison August 25, 2014 at 01:50 #

Nothing about this girl says current, fashion, or sexy style-wise. A dated, tacky mess from top to bottom.

9. Courtney Klein August 25, 2014 at 02:20 #

Ugh. She tries too hard.

10. nico August 25, 2014 at 02:39 #

Britney in her prime, was better dresses than her. That says a lot.

11. m August 25, 2014 at 03:25 #

trying too hard.. a very dated look…

12. Renata August 25, 2014 at 05:00 #

Oh my lord. This looks like a 12 year old going for S&M… I mean, if she is trying to become more sexy she needs to ditch that hair and the sweet, innocent girl attitude.

13. Yeliz August 25, 2014 at 05:27 #

This look is a WDOTY contender in my eyes.

14. Pedro August 25, 2014 at 06:55 #

I don’t get that Barbie/S&M look.

Fantastic voice, terrible style.

• ayatlaw August 25, 2014 at 15:27 #

+1 LOL
      She needs a new weave/hairstyle. And she needs new make-up. She is perpetually stuck in her teen years and she is 21!

15. Alina August 25, 2014 at 07:00 #

Bad, bad, bad.

16. Valissa August 25, 2014 at 08:00 #

Everything about this takes me back to the VMA’s of the early 2000’s. Back when Britney and Christina were the IT girls and before Ariana was born lol. In fact, I’m pretty sure Britney wore something very similar many years ago.

So I guess it’s safe to say that this is dated and I don’t like it!
    Overall, Ariana needs a new stylist…I cringe every time I see her!

17. effieee August 25, 2014 at 09:00 #

Ariana unfortunately lacks the height and attitude to carry this off. This look would work better coming from Rihanna, Rita Ora or Miley Cyrus.

But I must applaud her for trying something new.

18. Irene August 25, 2014 at 09:56 #

I agree with yiota, she needs a haircut, and idk what she sees in that hairstyle because she always wears it.

19. jenny August 25, 2014 at 12:03 #

Oh dear, after a roundup of all the fashion, I then realized so many have tacky styles including this one!

This look and the boots just does not work for her, I am speechless, her stylist should have known better, a look in the mirror, you know it’s wrong

20. Zissou August 25, 2014 at 12:05 #

Love the boots.
    Hate everything else, including the fact that those boots are attached to her.

Also, woman, for crying out loud, cut your hair!

21. Jake August 26, 2014 at 14:09 #

First of all, I think that this bad girl look on her just feels wrong to me. She is too young to pull off that kind of look.
    Secondly, when it comes to fashion, I think that both the boots and mini dress individually are cool. However, together, it just gives me a feeling of cheapness, not as in the value of the clothes, but the person wearing it. #justmyopinion #justsaying

22. sam August 27, 2014 at 14:13 #

Ariana, you’re one hell of a good singer but no. Unlike Selena who has some sort of baby face like you, she has the attitude to put on sexy dress and you don’t. This comes off tacky, try hard and I just can’t stand your never changing hairstyle.

This reminds me a lot with Shakira’s attire on 2009 VMA and Shakira pulled this WAY BETTER than her.

23. Fiona - Perth August 28, 2014 at 00:22 #

Tacky and trashy – what is with the boots? She has two pairs in black and white and they need to be surgically removed. I hate this whole look – she looks like a hooker (sorry Ariana). She also needs to try stepping away from the eyeliner…