Chloe Grace Moretz In Schiaparelli Couture – ‘If I Stay’ LA Premiere

Chloe Grace Moretz In Schiaparelli Couture - 'If I Stay' LA Premiere

Following the New York premiere on Monday, Chloe Grace Moretz took to the red carpet at the TCL Chinese Theatre on Wednesday (August 20) in Hollywood, California for the LA premiere for her new movie, ‘If I Stay’.

As you know, I have been salivating over every look she has worn during this promo tour, but sadly, like screeching brakes on a car making an emergency stop, that has come to an end.

Wearing an Schiaparelli Spring 2014 Couture black tulle gown featuring a ruched bodice with a pale-blue cartoon-printed layer underneath, the look was styled with Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.

For me the dress is too sombre – especially against the black carpet – too mature and not in keeping with the youthful style she has presented so far.

She’s worn a lot of Valentino in the past; I wish one of their Couture pieces had been considered on this occasion.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rihanna In Alexander Wang - Le Petit Four

Rihanna In Alexander Wang – Le Petit Four

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Etro - Root 100 2014 List Release Reception

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Etro – Root 100 2014 List Release Reception

18 Responses to Chloe Grace Moretz In Schiaparelli Couture – ‘If I Stay’ LA Premiere

1. Alina August 21, 2014 at 10:10 #

She’s not old enough to pull this off.

2. Denise August 21, 2014 at 10:21 #

Don’t like the dress to begin with. Couldn’t be saved and hair doesn’t help either.

3. Christine August 21, 2014 at 10:58 #

Dreadful. She is not pulling this off! This dress not only looks way too much for her, but it looks dated, and just plain ugly.

Plus with her plain hairstyle. Gah. This is sadly one of her worst looks.

4. marie August 21, 2014 at 11:07 #

I believe she looks pretty in everything she wears, but to be fair, the dress isn’t all that nice to begin with.
    I still think she pulls it off okay – the print is a little bit playful and the fact that her hair is down makes it look more fresh.
    And, seriouly, it’s not like long, black tulle is a taboo for everyone under twentyone years – it’s quite nice she tries something different now and then

• H August 21, 2014 at 14:48 #

Agree. Pains me to.

5. Fiona-Brasil August 21, 2014 at 11:43 #

This dress is simply exquisite, breathtaking!IMHO it is her best look to date, although young she has the confidence to pull it off.

6. jenny August 21, 2014 at 13:41 #

Not easy to wear, Blake lively could have worked this maybe?

Wrong dress for her

7. Phoenix August 21, 2014 at 14:47 #

I really like the dress itself, but she feels soooo out of place, like the wrong event.

8. pinksugar August 21, 2014 at 15:13 #

This is very disappointing. Too dark and depressing.

9. Susan August 21, 2014 at 16:03 #

I’m voting yes on this. It’s a young, fresh look and I like it on CGM. It’s dark, yes, but the material is airy and the under fabric is cute. I almost get a hippie feel from this. Plus, the top fits her. For me it’s a great cute look that isn’t too serious or heavy.

• Fiona-Brasil August 21, 2014 at 16:54 #

Precisely!This is totally Chloe ( Carrie, Let me in, Dark Shadows ), she is a young AJ not your sweet teen gal.

10. meme August 21, 2014 at 16:42 #

LOVE the dress but not on her. She’s too young for it and it’s just not her style.

• Noemi August 22, 2014 at 13:54 #

I agree, she’s too young for this dress. She looks like a teenager who is wearing her mother or older sister’s dress.
      She’s such a cute girl but this dress is not for her.

11. Nat39 August 21, 2014 at 21:25 #

This is all wrong for her – dark, mature…I don’t even like the gown in the 1st place. BIG NO.

12. cherrysoftness August 22, 2014 at 02:39 #

I’ve started to really appreciate her on the red carpet, from barely paying her any attention before. I was disappointed with this but it’s definitely the dress – up close, I was surprised by how ugly the black tulle was over the print. The effect is just awful.

13. Peony August 22, 2014 at 03:01 #

Absolutely adore the gown, it’s probably one of the best she’s ever worn. The styling lets it down. I wish she’d worn her hair up, it would have made a world of difference.

14. TeaAtTwo August 22, 2014 at 16:37 #

It’s not my favourite look but I think it’s ok. The print underneath keeps it light.

15. Bailey October 17, 2014 at 01:31 #

I actually don’t mind this. The bodice is so flattering on, I like it