Alexa Chung In Emilia Wickstead – Alexa Manicure At Debenhams

Alexa Chung In Emilia Wickstead - Alexa Manicure At Debenhams

Following the re-release of her book ‘IT’ in paperback, Alexa Chung attended a photocall to launch her Alexa Manicure collection with Nails Inc. at Debenhams in London on Thursday (August 14).

When you think of Alexa Chung, tomboy, flats and messy hair spring to mind; these days, she’s seeking to changed those views and this look couldn’t be more opposite.

She wore a pretty short-sleeved wrinkle-textured Emilia Wickstead Spring 2014 dress featuring a mock neck and A-line waist, which she styled with Bionda Castana ‘Nicole’ black mid-heels with lace panels and an ankle tie.

On Tuesday I attended Alexa’s talk with Alexandra Shulman of British Vogue, where she wore this exact same outfit from head to toe; how very Kate Middleton of her to recycle so soon.

With no cameras at Tuesday’s event, I am glad she did recycle this look to give it a greater stage from which to be seen.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kristen Bell In Andrew Gn - Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Grants Banquet

Kristen Bell In Andrew Gn – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Grants Banquet

Katherine McNamara In Ted Baker London - Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Grants Banquet

Katherine McNamara In Ted Baker London – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Grants Banquet

10 Responses to Alexa Chung In Emilia Wickstead – Alexa Manicure At Debenhams

1. Christine August 15, 2014 at 11:53 #

Aside from the shaggy looking hair–she looks decent.

The shoes could’ve been better

• gabis August 15, 2014 at 16:29 #

2. Leto August 15, 2014 at 12:33 #

Could someone please carry her to a hairstylist?

3. Martin August 15, 2014 at 12:52 #

Love this look. Appears to be essentially the same dress as Caitlin Fitzgerald wore to the Globes this year, apart from the different hemline and I think that Alexa does a great job with it. Chic and effortlessly pretty.

4. dee August 15, 2014 at 13:16 #

Hair is too blah and I don’t like the high neckline.

5. Phoenix August 15, 2014 at 15:18 #

This is someone whos style I truly abhor. however, here, and it pains me to say it, she looks pretty darn great. the best I’ve seen her look.

6. Mindi August 15, 2014 at 16:07 #

At first, I hated the shoes, but then I realized that they look an awful lot like ballet shoes, which fits the dress really well. But I agree with the general consensus regarding her hair.

7. H August 15, 2014 at 16:53 #

This dress is really good and I think Emilia Wickstead designs are beautiful, but is not made for women like Alexa Chung, whose attitude is just blah and styling is just blah, so it doesn’t suit yher well and seems uncomfrtable on her for some reason.

8. kane August 17, 2014 at 19:00 #

I’m weeping for these shoes. I have no clue how she could make it into the BDOTW poll with the change from runway shoes to these.