Katie Holmes In Zac Posen – ‘The Giver’ New York Premiere

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen - 'The Giver' New York Premiere

Katie Holmes attended ‘The Giver’ New York premiere held at the Ziegfeld Theater on Monday (August 11) in New York City, joining Taylor Swift and Odeya Rush, clearing not getting the ‘wear red’ memo.

The actress, who is making great strides to get back to her best, looked beautiful wearing a Zac Posen Spring 2014 pleated chiffon dress featuring a shallow V-neck, a bustier-style bodice and a cape-style back.

The dark shade of the pink stones in her Lorraine Schwartz jewels and the smoky eyes give the look an unexpected twist; however, the shoes are a big head scratcher as they don’t complement her dress in any way.

A chic bun and glossy pink lip completed her look.

Ankles up, perfection.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Clara Paget's Peter Pilotto Cutout Printed Stretch-Crepe Dress

Clara Paget’s Peter Pilotto Cutout Printed Stretch-Crepe Dress

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Emilio Pucci - 'The Expendables 3' LA Premiere

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Expendables 3′ LA Premiere

29 Responses to Katie Holmes In Zac Posen – ‘The Giver’ New York Premiere

1. Alex August 12, 2014 at 09:12 #

Love the dress, the hair, the make up. Pretending I can’t see the shoes.

• Fiona-Brasil August 12, 2014 at 10:19 #

2. Alina August 12, 2014 at 09:17 #

The shoes are not a good choice, but this is the best she has looked in a looong time.

3. Marcel August 12, 2014 at 09:20 #

She looks absolutely delightful. I love everything (but the shoes ) about this look.Nice make up and easy hair style for Summer. Jewelry to die for.
    She looks radiant and really confident.
    LOOOOVE!!!!
    BDOTW

4. Iva August 12, 2014 at 09:21 #

This is the best she has looked in ages.

• Denise August 12, 2014 at 09:29 #

Agreed. What a lovely dress! The fit, the style, the colour ! I adore it.

• Christine August 12, 2014 at 10:37 #

Agreed. What a nice look!

• Nat August 12, 2014 at 17:59 #

I agree that is why I will give her a pass for those shoes

5. Valissa August 12, 2014 at 09:25 #

I’m going to ignore the shoes and say she looks wonderful! First time in a long time!

6. dressaddict August 12, 2014 at 09:29 #

Oh well, this is waaaaay better than her last looks. I like it a lot, even with those shoes (gosh, a sandal would have done wonders !)

7. jas August 12, 2014 at 10:54 #

does this dress remind anyone of the one baby wears at the end of dirty dancing? maybe it’s the way she’s standing or maybe it’s her hair, but i think she looks like she’s about to go on broadway or something.
    nonetheless, she does look beautiful and the colour of the dress really suits her. shame about the shoes though.

• Rebecca Z August 12, 2014 at 14:23 #

This is a very retro styled dress that could have been worn by any one of a number of dancers in the 1950’s. I actually don’t really like this look on her–I find it aging and her makeup is too heavy. And then there are those shoes……

8. Peony August 12, 2014 at 12:21 #

Beautiful dress, that pleating is a work of art. But I find the length, in combination with the shoes, to have a mumsy effect. Still, this is the best she’s looked in ages.

9. jenny August 12, 2014 at 12:25 #

Look beyond the shoes, katie hit a home run!
    She looks better than coco rocha !

It’s been quite a while, welcome back!

10. kane August 12, 2014 at 12:45 #

This could have been such a great look! I like what I see above the ankle-line, but the shoes really needed to be not just okay but deliver some punch. They do neither.

11. bisbee August 12, 2014 at 12:49 #

I love the dress – the color looks great on her and the length is perfect – shorter would have made the dress look like a ballet costume!

The shoes are pretty…if worn with another outfit. They had to be an afterthought – just awful with this dress.

12. Anne August 12, 2014 at 13:03 #

Pretty…(scrolling)… pretty!…(scrolling)…. UGH, those shoes! Big let down at the feet.

I do love the coordinated look of the ladies at this premiere. Makes for a nice photograph.

13. dee August 12, 2014 at 13:36 #

I agree with others about the shoes. but despite that she looks lovely. One of her best looks.

14. Phoenix August 12, 2014 at 14:51 #

hm, I find the overall look clean but boring. It just feels not right, just an impression.

15. julyol1972 August 12, 2014 at 15:22 #

This is still not back to the way it was “In The Days of Posh” but it’s a vast improvement.

Love the fit, color and length of the dress. And her head space looks fantastic. Like everybody else, I’m going to pretend the picture is cropped and I can’t see her feet. Best she’s looked in years!

16. pinksugar August 12, 2014 at 15:32 #

I cannot imagine who on earth decided those awful shoes went with that beautiful dress. Katie came so very close to red carpet excellence here.

17. manja August 12, 2014 at 15:52 #

wow can not remember the last time she looked this gorgeous.as everyone else pretending not to see the shoes

18. Remage August 12, 2014 at 16:25 #

Hate the entire look, the dress is too “ball room dancing” and the shoes are ugly, but she is beautiful.

19. shaphalf August 12, 2014 at 16:30 #

She looks fab here. Agree with everyone: Shame about the shoes. Any color of the Nudist – no matter how overused it might be – would have been perfect here.

20. peyton August 12, 2014 at 16:39 #

The best she’s looked in a long time! For once it doesn’t look like she’s hosting a pity party. Her hair and makeup look great. Finally, we have progress! I only hope Katie can keep it up.

21. Sanya August 12, 2014 at 17:18 #

She looks ok, nothing more than that. The dress is beautiful and it fits her perfectly, but those shoes are horrible.

22. sara August 12, 2014 at 18:00 #

I think this is the best she has looked in a very long time.

23. Noemi August 13, 2014 at 10:21 #

This is one of her best looks ever, with the right shoes it would have been perfection. Why those pumps? Why?!?!

24. sophie August 13, 2014 at 22:21 #

Who is Katie’s stylist now that she dropped Jeanne Yang (not a good stylist either).