Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Odeya Rush attended the 2014 Teen Choice Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on Sunday (August 10) in Los Angeles, California.

The new kid on the rise, both in professional and style terms, wore her favourite designer, Monique Lhuillier, selecting yet another look from the designer’s Resort 2015 collection.

Going against the crop-top-and-mini-skirt trend, the actress wore a red strapless tea-length dress enhanced with a lace bodice and finished with a pleated hi-lo skirt in a full shape, which she styled with champagne-coloured Louboutins.

Looking at the first looks at this event, some might say that Odeya may have been slightly overdressed, and while I agree this could’ve been saved for a premiere, this is her best look so far. She looks very sophisticated, adding a touch of glamour to the event. What’s so wrong with that?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cher Lloyd In Amen & Theory - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Cher Lloyd In Amen & Theory – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Sasha Pieterse In Vera Wang - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Sasha Pieterse In Vera Wang – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

11 Responses to Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

1. Larissa August 11, 2014 at 10:12 #

I’d take this kind of overdressed everyday over some casual-tacky dressed celebrities! She looks great.

2. Alina August 11, 2014 at 10:14 #

I don’t mind that she’s a little overdressed, but for some reason I don’t like her hairstyle. Plus, I would have preferred other shoes.

• kane August 11, 2014 at 10:30 #

I agree. The look book styling on the other hand is gorgeous!

3. Christine August 11, 2014 at 10:45 #

A bitt OTT. Save this for the New York premiere today.

She looks nice but not for this event

4. Papiki August 11, 2014 at 12:41 #

A bit OTT for the TCA, but who cares! Breathtaking!

5. Scarlett August 11, 2014 at 12:57 #

She’s what 17? It’s actually nice to see someone at those awards who wasn’t all short skirts and bare midriff’s. It may be a little OTT but I admire her for sticking to her style guns and not giving in to looking like everyone else.

• dee August 11, 2014 at 16:16 #

I agree.

6. julyol1972 August 11, 2014 at 15:27 #

Overdressed for the event. Beautiful dress, gorgeous girl, but the shoes take it into Cinderella territory. If she’s working with a stylist, they definitely should’ve at least done better with the shoes.

7. Phoenix August 11, 2014 at 18:04 #

Yup, here is a case of overdressed, but I will take that over alot of looks from this event. She looks Amazing! those lips with red of her dress, gorgeous. and I love her hair down here.

8. sophie August 11, 2014 at 18:56 #

I agree with Scarlett before me: “She’s what 17? It’s actually nice to see someone at those awards who wasn’t all short skirts and bare midriff’s.”

LOVE her look.

9. Revital August 11, 2014 at 20:13 #

She looks amazing and after looking at other celebs I don’t think she is over dressed…
    I totally see why she chose those shoes , with the red how in the heel it’s a perfect match to the dress especially the lacy bodice that has a champagne how in it too, but I think it’s too much and I like the look book’s red sandals better.
    I live her red lipstick that is in perfect match to the dress.