Kim Kardashian In Balmain – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kim Kardashian In Balmain - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kim Kardashian joined sister Kendall Jenner on the red carpet for the 2014 Teen Choice Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on Sunday (August 10) in Los Angeles, California, where she picked up a surfboard for their reality TV show, ‘Keeping up with the Kardashians’.

She was somewhat predictable in Balmain, especially since she’s done the leather and animal-print look before.

On this occasion she must have been sweltering, wearing a long-sleeved knotted Pre-Fall 2014 crop top which she styled with a zebra-print pencil skirt.

I expected better footwear from her.

459437_in_pp

You can buy Kim’s Balmain Leather Crop Top from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kylie Jenner In Sass & Bide - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kylie Jenner In Sass & Bide – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

24 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Balmain – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

1. Christine August 11, 2014 at 12:03 #

The shoes does not go with this look at all. The skirt is Ok but this overall look is a no!

2. Alina August 11, 2014 at 12:04 #

From the waist up, she looks OK. The skirt is not flattering at all.

3. Lei August 11, 2014 at 12:17 #

Absolutely love this look from the ankles up! The shoes kill it! She should have stuck to her go-to Tom Fords!

4. Denise August 11, 2014 at 12:19 #

I like the top, though not season appropriate, the skirt is not very flattering, a no for the shoes. Hair and make up flawless.

5. Leto August 11, 2014 at 12:20 #

It’s always difficult to be without bias when it comes to Kim. But I think she doesn’t look as terrible and tacky as she has done before. The shoes are a negative surprise, since they don’t go wih anything from the rest of the look. The skirt is two sizes too small, but I assume she wants to draw attention to her behind. The top goes quite good with the skirt after all. I think she improved, but is still very far away from being stylish.

• Larissa August 11, 2014 at 12:29 #

I totally agree with you.

• Nat August 11, 2014 at 15:06 #

I agree with you.

• ayatlaw August 12, 2014 at 15:26 #

+3 Very hard to not be biased. The nicest thing I have to say is I do like the top, and the hair and make up are lovely.

6. Davi August 11, 2014 at 12:35 #

soon begins complaints about Kim K here

7. effieee98 August 11, 2014 at 13:20 #

I’m shocked at how awful her shoes are; they’re absolutely hideous. Generally her shoe choices are on-point as well.

8. dee August 11, 2014 at 15:46 #

I like her shoes but I don’t think the top or skirt are flattering on her. She is busty so a crop top only emphasizes that. Plus leather with long sleeves? she must have been hot. The skirt with the horizontal white lines is not good for her hips making them appear wider. Everything is about proportion.

9. Phoenix August 11, 2014 at 17:31 #

I’ve been going over her past looks,just to get an idea, and I’m thinking the more simpler her dresses are in color and style, the better she looks. imo
    I think the top is decent but way too heavy for summer, the skirt is ok, and there is no missing those totally wrong shoes.

10. pinksugar August 11, 2014 at 18:27 #

I rarely say this about Kim but I love what she’s wearing. It’s fun for the event and she’s someone who can really pull off a Balmain look. However her shoe choices are usually her best fashion effort so I am very disappointed about that.

11. sophie August 11, 2014 at 18:34 #

I don’t agree with Kim’s attendance at the event, especially with her two teen sisters already attending.

But this is a better look. Still not stylish, but better, at least where Kim in Balmain is concerned. I don’t know why she continues to wear Balmain. It’s a fashionable brand to be sure, but not a stylish brand like J. Mendel or Jason Wu. I actually don’t want her polluting stylish brands, come to think of it.

• nico August 11, 2014 at 21:20 #

She has the money for it Do you? She is not different from all those rich russian call girl types who wear it. I not saying she is call girl, but my point is, they sell these brands to anyone who cannot afford.

• LeeAnn August 13, 2014 at 18:57 #

Balmain is far more fashion forward than Jason Wu or J Mendel.

12. Nat39 August 11, 2014 at 19:09 #

The black leather and long sleeves – too heavy for the season and the print only broadens her hips more. I think she should leave the tacky leather-and-animal print combo alone, and wish she’d opted for a complementary sandal.

13. Revital August 11, 2014 at 21:07 #

Totally agree with you all, the top is suffocating for summer, should have waited with it a few more weeks. The skirt is OK , it’s not appropriate for her figure but since she insists on wearing tight pencil skirt , this one is nice. The shoes are great but not for thus outfit , I totally agree she should have taken her sister’s sandals instead…

14. nico August 11, 2014 at 21:18 #

WHO cares what she done for fame.?They all sleep around. We are here to judge her clothes and she looks good.

15. FER August 11, 2014 at 22:40 #

Am I the only one that is totally amazed by her body transformation?, I mean, yes I am sure she got all the help in the world, but those toned abs, and with her type of body, daaamn , she looks amazing. In the picture of them three, she looks younger that her sisters, she looks really good in my opinion, yes, it’s all tight and, the shoes are totally wrong, but she looks good, she looks happy, and sexy, and what’s to hate, it’s a decent look. She looks amazing.

16. sara August 11, 2014 at 23:24 #

I love the hair and makeup but not loving horizontal striping on her skirt. I dont mind the leather top despite it being season inappropriate. Overall good look, she should have swapped her black tom fords for those shoes.

17. AB August 12, 2014 at 10:13 #

In my opinion Balmain just doesn’t suit Kim.

18. Valissa August 12, 2014 at 12:27 #

Individually, these pieces are all amazing. Love the top, skirt and shoes. But all together on Kim, it just doesn’t work. The skirt is unflattering and the shoes are completely out of place.
    It’s not her worse look but it’s not great either…

19. Rafael August 12, 2014 at 22:33 #

Thank u, always post Kim Kardashian.