Jennifer Lopez In Elie Saab – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Elie Saab - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Jennifer Lopez attended the 2014 Teen Choice Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on Sunday (August 10) in Los Angeles, California as one of the guest presenters, where she was reunited with her ‘Maid In Manhattan’ co-star Tyler Posey.

Donning green from head to toe, the ‘American Idol’ judge wore an Elie Saab Spring 2014 long-sleeved lace mini dress – of course – styled with satin accessories including a box clutch and Ermanno Scervino sandals.

For some reason I mistook JLo for Lea Michele for a split second. Perhaps because Lea has worn something similar, or because it is something I can picture her wearing.

Feeling a slight case of déjà vu? That may be because Toni Garrn wore the sleeveless gown version of this dress not too long ago.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Ashley Greene's Tory Burch 'Debbie' Crisscross Wedge Sandals, Elizabeth and James 'Cynnie Mini' Bucket Bag And Giles & Brother Skinny 'Railroad' Spike Bracelet

Ashley Greene’s Tory Burch ‘Debbie’ Crisscross Wedge Sandals, Elizabeth and James ‘Cynnie Mini’ Bucket Bag And Giles & Brother Skinny ‘Railroad’ Spike Bracelet

28 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Elie Saab – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

1. Christine August 11, 2014 at 14:25 #

Lea wore the pink short sleeve version.

JLO looks nice. The shoes are gorgeous!

2. Marcel August 11, 2014 at 14:35 #

This dress was not meant for a woman of her age.

• AB August 11, 2014 at 16:22 #

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

• sara August 11, 2014 at 23:16 #

Took the words out of my mouth! Yes, she’s got killer stems as I’ve always said- but doesn’t mean your hemline has to be so high ALWAYS! But I do love the shoes. This is more for someone of Selena’s age.

3. Alina August 11, 2014 at 14:36 #

I think she pulls it off.

4. SilentVisitor August 11, 2014 at 14:50 #

I usually don’t mind short dresses but this is too short and not a good dress for her…….

5. dee August 11, 2014 at 14:54 #

This dress looks too young on her. She looks better dressed with more sophistication. I don’t like this.

6. pinksugar August 11, 2014 at 15:26 #

I don’t see anything about this that isn’t ‘age appropriate’. She looks absolutely beautiful. Love the green on her.

• alvaro_spain August 11, 2014 at 16:10 #

I love this.

• dressaddict August 11, 2014 at 16:25 #

She looks incredible! I love this from head to toe!

• towanda August 11, 2014 at 17:11 #

• Danielle August 14, 2014 at 01:39 #

Yeah, I This she looks gorgeous.

• Danielle August 14, 2014 at 01:39 #

*think

7. bisbee August 11, 2014 at 16:30 #

I agree that this dress is way too young for her. It probably is because of the length. As someone said, just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

This dress is for someone in their 20s…not someone who is in their 40s and looks young.

8. Phoenix August 11, 2014 at 17:04 #

although I’m sick and tired of her obsession with mini minis, the color does look good on her, dress itself is a bit yawn-inducing though, but those strappy green heels, Oooo my, are sooo gorgeous.
    I was hoping she could escape her mini-obsession, but I don’t think that will ever be the case.

• dee August 11, 2014 at 18:35 #

I agree. She looks younger and sexier in a longer length. Something hitting around the knee. That looks better on her proportionally. She isn’t a bad looking woman and doesn’t need to try so hard to look young and sexy. At least that is how she comes off to me.

• sara August 11, 2014 at 23:17 #

I agree, I find her to be soooo much sexier when she wears knee length!

9. Renata August 11, 2014 at 17:09 #

Why is everyone talking about “age”? She looks like she’s in her 30s, I don’t see why she can’t wear this only because her “official number” is 40. To me, the dress is kinda boring, something she’s already wore ten times before, but she looks good.

10. Nat39 August 11, 2014 at 17:41 #

Nice colour but too short obviously.

11. push101 August 11, 2014 at 18:18 #

You all are so ageist. She looks flawless and the dress looked amazing on her. She looks 25 so she can and does pull this off effortlessly. Another home run. Best dressed of the night

• bisbee August 11, 2014 at 19:02 #

I don’t think I’m ageist! As I said, just because one has the body to be able to wear certain styles doesn’t mean they should. There is such a thing as trying too hard. She would look just as good or even better in a more sophisticated style – not an older style. And, even more sexy.

• sara August 11, 2014 at 23:22 #

As much as we all try to fight it, there is something to be said about aging gracefully and with confidence that makes women sexy. Yes, JLO has a HOT body and is a beautiful woman, but style evolves as women become more sophisticated, experienced and “mature”. We’ve seen her rock minis for soooo long- since she was a fly girl. Thats why so many people would agree that she actually looks better and sexier with a longer hemline- not like shes repeating the same look from the 90’s.

12. Revital August 11, 2014 at 20:19 #

Regardless of the age issue I think this dress makes her look slaty. I don’t like it, apart from the color there is nothing good in it…

13. chittychittybangbang August 12, 2014 at 01:41 #

Add two inches to the skirt hem, and this is perfection.

14. Dean August 12, 2014 at 04:51 #

I agree that it should be a tad longer, but that emerald green and those shoes look really good on her.

15. Valissa August 12, 2014 at 12:00 #

I love Elie Saab but this dress seems outdated…it’s not ugly, just not not very fresh or exciting. And Jen always looks desperate to me so I hate it even more on her. The colour is nice though!

16. Larissa August 12, 2014 at 13:54 #

What a stunning pair of sandals….I’m drooling! Kudos to JLo for her choices in the shoe department. Now if only other celebrities would follow her example and stop wearing boring black pumps during the summer…

17. Kathy August 12, 2014 at 23:19 #

The dress is beautiful, but the hemline needed to be longer. JLo definitely has the body to pull off minidresses, but it IS getting a bit old to see her in these itty-bitty skirts all the time. Shoes are gorgeous, but I’m not sure they’re exactly the right shade of green to match her dress.