Throwback Thursday #TBT

Valentino - Spring/Summer 2008 Haute Couture Fashion Show

Can you name the designer, season, wearer and the event she wore it to?

Answer after the jump.

tb2

Valentino Spring 2008 Couture
Keira Knightley
2008 BAFTAs

Selena Gomez In Kaelen - Out In LA

Selena Gomez In Kaelen – Out In LA

Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha - Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha – Jimmy Kimmel Live!

24 Responses to Throwback Thursday #TBT

1. EmmaWoodhouse August 7, 2014 at 15:10 #

LOVE this feature so much! And I got it right. :D Even remembered it was 2008 couture! Just forgot the spring part…
    This was a great look!

2. EmmaWoodhouse August 7, 2014 at 15:11 #

Honestly RCFA’s TBT is my new favorite thing.

• kane August 7, 2014 at 15:18 #

Mine too! I don’t expect to ever guess one, but it’s awesome to revisit some (good or even not so good) stand-out looks from previous years.

• EmmaWoodhouse August 7, 2014 at 16:31 #

Yes! I got all of this one but for the Spring part. SO CLOSE! Some will, no doubt, leave me in the dark though.

• julyol1972 August 7, 2014 at 23:36 #

Mine too! It was fun guessing (wasn’t even close), but was fun nonetheless!

3. Rachel August 7, 2014 at 15:11 #

Love this new feature, FC! Fun to see the old looks again.

4. Maz August 7, 2014 at 15:26 #

Keira Knightley! But that’s all I got… Love this game!

5. dee August 7, 2014 at 15:38 #

I couldn’t remember who this was. I thought it was either Jessica Alba or Jennifer Garner. Now seeing this picture it all comes back to me. I really like this new feature. This is fun guessing.

6. Alina August 7, 2014 at 15:39 #

I got the celebrity right! Truth is, this is a defining outfit in Keira’s red carpet history.

7. Tiger Nueng August 7, 2014 at 15:51 #

I really enjoy. This game , Thanks FC!

8. Lily August 7, 2014 at 15:59 #

Do this every day, please!:)

9. jenny August 7, 2014 at 16:45 #

The awards show red carpet changed so much in a bad way since Mr valentino retired, I miss those wow moments like the dress above,
    The new designers however have their own point of style and view however always the Same…..

Love the new feature! With weeks of bland fashion, this is exciting !

• Dhppy August 7, 2014 at 17:59 #

I feel like the new heads of Valentino have done admirably well with the label, unlike Dior.

• jenny August 7, 2014 at 19:26 #

Yes, it’s beautiful but always the same.
        Don’t you think?

I agree on the Dior with you, I very much miss the fantasy and decadence of Galliano rather then Raf’s but the market has spoken, Dior has been doing even better with raf. Even the couture sales saw a significant increase.

That being said, I miss Marc At vuitton the most, Nicholas is not selling me anything, I’m a fan of Marc’s for LV seasonal bags and his work but ever since nicholas is on board, I have not bought anything since.

• dee August 7, 2014 at 19:41 #

I agree on Dior too. It has seriously took a nosedive since Galliano left.

• dee August 7, 2014 at 19:38 #

I agree. I loved Valentino before the new design team took over.

10. Ellen Siemens August 7, 2014 at 17:32 #

My guess was Cate. Makes me remember playing with paper dolls and cutout dresses. I’d try this one on my Cate paper doll … but looks great on Keira.

11. Dhppy August 7, 2014 at 18:12 #

I know going in that I’m never going to get the celebrity or the event, I’m just trying to get the designer. I feel silly for missing it. I kept looking at it and thinking “It has the spareness of an Armani, but he doesn’t do these uber-feminine tiers.” Valentino has been doing renaissance prints and lace for so long now, that’s what I’ve come to expect.

12. Jac August 7, 2014 at 18:12 #

I knew instantly it was Keira in Valentino! I still remember this moment! Although I do admit I had a brain fart on which event it was – I thought it could have been a premiere for Atonement.

13. Phoenix August 7, 2014 at 21:16 #

I got it so completely wrong, but I enjoy the game!

14. Nicky August 7, 2014 at 21:30 #

Didn’t get anything LOL! Love these blasts from the past

15. Tamia August 7, 2014 at 22:47 #

I LOVE THIS FEATURE! Same as last week; got the designer, celebrity and designer but I’d give £100 to anyone who knows the season before checking!! Def the hardest part of this game.

16. cherrysoftness August 8, 2014 at 02:43 #

It’s weird how exciting it is to get the celebrity right (or at least think so – my guess was wrong)! Hope you try something as far as the 90’s, too. I’d love to see (1) your choice of iconic looks from that time, and (2) if we can guess the celebrity!

17. virginiafromamsterdam August 8, 2014 at 07:20 #

Keep doing this please! highlight of my day! lol