Christina Hendricks In Vivienne Westwood – ‘God’s Pocket’ London Premiere

Christina Hendricks In Vivienne Westwood - 'God's Pocket' London Premiere
Christina Hendricks attended the premiere of ‘God’s Pocket,’ held at BFI Southbank on Monday (August 4) in London, England.

The actress clad her curves in a Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Resort 2014 multi-colour striped, silk taffeta dress.

The boldness of the stripes did slightly downplay the otherwise figure-enhancing, classic silhouette, which featured a draped neckline and nipped-in waist.

Sporting a rather retro updo and adding the pop of a berry lip, Christina matched the metallic sheen of the frock with a metal-accented Stark clutch and shiny bronze Jimmy Choo heels, which thankfully weren’t black pumps.

Although the taffeta perhaps doesn’t translate the best in photos, it’s nice to see her embracing a vibrant palette to complement her flame-red locks. What do you think of her latest look?

Credit: Vivienne Westwood & Getty

Karolina Kurkova's Giuseppe Zanotti Embroidered Sandals

Karolina Kurkova’s Giuseppe Zanotti Embroidered Sandals

Cameron Diaz' Balenciaga Mesh And Suede Pumps

Cameron Diaz’ Balenciaga Mesh And Suede Pumps

19 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Vivienne Westwood – ‘God’s Pocket’ London Premiere

1. julyol1972 August 5, 2014 at 02:56 #

This is as Joan-esque as she’s ever looked, and I like it. Could the dress be a smidge more streamlined? Yes! But in a world where I hear she’s wearing Vivienne Westwood and I shudder thinking shes once again stuffed her boobs like sausages, in some ill fitting strapless gown, this is pretty much a homerun. Which says a lot about my expectations for Christina.

2. Christine August 5, 2014 at 03:15 #

This is kinda nice but I am not really feeling the dress.

3. CTgirl August 5, 2014 at 03:40 #

As a woman who is busty (36F-G) I really want to help Christina. Girl, go for streamlined, avoid dresses that require the girls being pushed up to your chin, avoid high necklines, get your clothes a size bigger so they fit your bust and have them taken in at the waist, and please stay away from ruffles, bib detailing, and other girlish/twee details at the bust.

4. Phoenix August 5, 2014 at 03:47 #

This isn’t bad at all! I quite like her look here compared to many many other past looks. I think she styled it nicely, and overall feels well put together.

5. Alina August 5, 2014 at 05:14 #

This is a great look for her! I guess I have to postpone my wish for the Emmys – hopefully, there she’ll wear some Siriano.

6. Kim August 5, 2014 at 07:46 #

Yes! This is how she should be dressing, colour, pattern, and a great silhouette. What a babe.

7. kane August 5, 2014 at 08:16 #

This is a nice look for her, but I feel she could still be much better.

8. Alex August 5, 2014 at 10:51 #

I love this look. Great silhouette for her and fab to see Christina embracing a stronger colour palette and stripe-gorgeous.

9. jenny August 5, 2014 at 13:40 #

Give her a break! She can’t be always in skin tight black and solids , this is not my fav but still a good look!

10. dee August 5, 2014 at 13:49 #

She looks great to me. The dress is flattering on her figure. Hair, makeup and jewelry are pretty and complimentary. No complaints.

11. H August 5, 2014 at 14:38 #

Love this look, and I like her as well, she is beautiful and I feel like here she realizes it!

12. Rebecca Z August 5, 2014 at 15:01 #

Pretty dress and she looks good. Plus I always love seeing Joan and Roger together–I have crazy hopes that they will end up together in the end.

That said, I can’t understand why she can’t get her dresses tailored to fit her. It is too tight across the bust, ruining the neckline. She is a big enough star to get these folks to do the alterations she needs to look spectacular–not just okay.

13. sophie August 5, 2014 at 16:06 #

I like it.

14. Vanashree August 5, 2014 at 18:27 #

I’m just glad she is not dressed frumpily
    Huge sigh or relief aside, she is really looking good here and should keep on dressing like this

15. Nat39 August 5, 2014 at 20:02 #

Nice silhouette for her curves, not too fond of the colour palette though.

16. Nicky August 5, 2014 at 23:23 #

I love the colors in the lookbook, but they lose their appeal here for some reason. I think the wrinkles are bringing the look down.

17. Carla August 6, 2014 at 00:41 #

The silhouette is perfect for her and I love that she went for bold colors!

18. Gemma Rockets August 6, 2014 at 05:03 #

I think this dress is perfect, actually. Great colours, ideal shape and fit. The berry lipstick looks lovely.

I think it’s easy to forget that for curvier actresses the choice of clothing is much more limited. Even a big star like Christina would struggle to get ready to wear pieces to fit her, not just because she’s ‘larger’ than most Hollywood actresses but because fitting such an extreme hourglass figure is a headache.

It’s not always as simple as buying a size up and taking it in. With a bust like that, you would be buying two sizes up then cutting up the dress to fit everywhere else. In other words, it would be a full time job just to renovate dresses to fit out Christina for her various appearances. And that’s assuming you can get things in her size, that aren’t merely borrowed and thus CAN be cut up.

19. meme August 6, 2014 at 20:33 #

Oh please Christina let Vivienne Westwood dress you all the time. You look fab in that dress