01.08.14

For Love And Lemons Annual SKIVVIES Party

For Love And Lemons Annual SKIVVIES Party

For Love and Lemons held their annual SKIVVIES party held at The Carondelet House on Thursday (July 31) in Los Angeles, California. If you know anything about the brand you will know that they are known for their sheer dresses that encourage you to display your skivvies, which was dutifully adhered to by the attendees.

Jena Malone: The actress, who co-hosted the event, truly embraced the brand’s ethos by wearing a pretty white point d’esprit sheer dress revealing her For Love and Lemons ‘The Bat Your Lashes’ underwear – sorry, skivvies – including satin pants and an underwired bra which both featured scalloped lace panels. I won’t lie, I am kinda digging this look. She had the personality to pull this off.

Christa B. Allen: The actress also went the white sheer route for her dress, although she selected a mini dress with a layered skirt revealing only her nude bra, not opting to go as far as daredevil Malone.

Did they embrace the brand well, or are you grossed out by this over display of undergarments?

Credit: Getty

Judy Greer In Preen - Late Show With David Letterman

Judy Greer In Preen – Late Show With David Letterman

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

19 Responses to For Love And Lemons Annual SKIVVIES Party

1. Alina August 1, 2014 at 14:50 #

Christa looks OK.

2. Anj August 1, 2014 at 15:03 #

I would never wear Jena’s look or actually endorse it, but this woman seems so confident that I think she pulls it off for herself at least.

3. meme August 1, 2014 at 15:07 #

Jena Malone looks ridiculous. This sheer clothing dress is pathetic

4. dee August 1, 2014 at 15:09 #

Christa’s look is passable not that I really care to see someone’s bra. Jena’s look is too much.

5. pinksugar August 1, 2014 at 15:15 #

Jena always looks like she’s just came off a giant drug binge. Both her appearance and her clothes, this is no exception. Beyond tasteless and tacky.

• Ariadne August 1, 2014 at 16:05 #

Completely agree. I don’t like her style.

6. Phoenix August 1, 2014 at 15:20 #

Since it IS a skivvies party and this how they were supposed to dress, I’ll give it a pass.
    i’m not quite sure how Jena has the confidence to show her white undies to the world, but hey, kudos to confidence!

• Magdalena August 1, 2014 at 17:30 #

ITA

7. alvaro_spain August 1, 2014 at 15:29 #

This is awful.

8. Dil August 1, 2014 at 15:51 #

Christa looks nice..

9. Christine August 1, 2014 at 16:50 #

No to both

10. Carolina August 1, 2014 at 17:24 #

I don’t really care what the theme of the party is. It’s tacky. Is there an event where men wear transparent togs and show off their skivvies? I think not – but if so, it would be equally tasteless.

11. Malinda Jane August 1, 2014 at 18:34 #

Come on, guys, it’s a SKIVVIES party! You’re supposed to show your underthings. Live a little! If this were any other event I would say hell no to both these looks, but on this occasion I will say GET IT, GIRL.

• chittychittybangbang August 2, 2014 at 00:47 #

Agreed!! And actually, based on pure aesthetics, and not morality, I think Jena’s look is quite beautiful. A visual delight of sorts. I think that Crista wearing that nude bra defeats the whole purpose of SHOWING your skivvies! Thebra looks utilitarian. Ugh.

12. easyBlake August 1, 2014 at 19:34 #

I wish Malone’s pants were more lacy like the bra. It’s the broad whiteness that almost looks like she’s wearing something out of the Hanes’ 6-pak. On the other hand, I wish Allen’s bra was off-white or a statement color instead of nude.

13. Andrea August 1, 2014 at 20:02 #

Come on people!!!
    You have to consider the context, a gown is perfectly appropiated for a gala and really wrong in a pool party.

In this context we should’t take position on Skivvies or not (is a Skivvies Party after all), we shoud take position on the shoes (hate Jena shoes, love Christa), the bra (love Jena, hate Christa).

And please, please, please clothes must be fun too :)

14. Ashley August 1, 2014 at 21:51 #

I’m normally one for modesty in dress, but surprisingly I love Jenna’s outfit for this occasion! At another event, I would likely hate it.

I do wish she had worn different shoes and gone with a more flattering hairstyle and color…

15. mattison August 2, 2014 at 03:41 #

I just don’t get it- the point of the event, Jena’s unkempt hair and granny panties, Crista’s too-light “nude” bra. I shudder to imagine what the rest of the attendees looked like.

16. JJ August 3, 2014 at 22:25 #

This sheer trend needs. to. go. away. I’d rather see cool dresses and not someone’s undies.