01.08.14

Chloe Grace Moretz For Flare September 2014

FLR09_Cover

Chloe Grace Moretz graces the September 2014 issue of Canadian magazine Flare – which is set to hit newsstands on August 11th and was shot by Nino Muñoz – wearing a Gucci Fall 2014 leather dress with a crystal-accented bib.

The rest of her editorial sees the blonde starlet wearing more fall fashions from the likes of Gucci, Paco Rabanne and Louis Vuitton.

Seeming very mature for her tender 17 years, the actress shares her views on dating, her fashion credo, how she chooses her projects and her ambitious attitude.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On her dating fears: “It’s a tough age to fall in love: people change so quickly… I don’t want to have to feel like I have to watch my step, ’cause I’m 17 and I shouldn’t have to… [To my friends] I’m like, ‘Dude, you’re wasting away your entire high-school years, and now you’re going to waste away your college years. You’re going to spend your entire life in a relationship and then you’re going to get married… and then you’re dead! So you lived your life in a relationship!’ That’s not my style.”

On how the paparazzi never discover who she’s actually dating: “When you’re with someone who’s just your friend, then they take photos, but when you’re out with your boyfriend, they never find out. It’s like, ‘You guys are so dumb; you’re missing your opportunity!’”

On her fashion credo: “Just put me in whatever is fun and interesting, things that I won’t be able to wear when I’m 30.”

On the judgmental nature of the fashion world: “People say don’t judge a book by its cover, but if someone wears a crazy outfit, they’re automatically a crazy person. If you wear a tame outfit, you’re automatically a prude… You can be whoever you want through what you wear.”

On how she chooses her projects: “Only do a movie if you’d do it for free.”

On her ambitious attitude: “I’m very driven in what I do. I’m good in my business, I can talk that all day long. It’s the same when I’m acting. There’s no barriers.”

Credit: Flare

Julia Louis-Dreyfus In Paule Ka & Ports 1961 - Good Morning America & Late Show with David Letterman

Julia Louis-Dreyfus In Paule Ka & Ports 1961 – Good Morning America & Late Show with David Letterman

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Chloé - Instagram

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Chloé – Instagram

9 Responses to Chloe Grace Moretz For Flare September 2014

1. Alina August 1, 2014 at 12:46 #

A little too much photoshop, but the clothes are great.

2. julyol1972 August 1, 2014 at 15:38 #

Wonderful cover! That dress and the nail polish are everything. I also really enjoy her interview, seems like a very levelheaded teen.

3. Christine August 1, 2014 at 16:52 #

I like the cover

4. Cole August 1, 2014 at 17:08 #

So 30 is the cut-off for wearing anything fun and interesting? LOL! I remember being her age and thinking 30 was so old. Now at 40, I would like to think my clothes aren’t terribly boring.

5. easyBlake August 1, 2014 at 19:41 #

Eh. She doesn’t wear anything too outlandish (& only a few things too twee) for a 30 year old. Does her stylist know that was the aim? I like the leather dress on the cover. And the rest of the editorial is quite sweet, my favorite is the Louis Vuitton shot.

6. marie August 1, 2014 at 22:55 #

Nice photoshot, my favorite is the cover. She is really very pretty and the sleek hair and white nail polish with this dress is flawless.

And I love the conclusion from the interview that you can define yourself through your clothes however you want.

7. Effy August 2, 2014 at 04:03 #

She looks outstanding with that hair! The pictures are really cool without being sexualized, my favorite is the cover and the one with the Saint Laurent dress.

8. alice August 5, 2014 at 23:38 #

photos are beautiful and Chloe looks better than usual. Her interview seems a bit too rehearsed though. Most things she wears are styles that actresses 4 times her age would wear, she rarely wears fun and edgy styles, mostly they are safe or boring, or super designer stuff that nobody would criticize. She usually looks nice but I wouldn’t call her a fashion plate. That’s not her forte and it’s ok.

9. Kathy August 7, 2014 at 15:59 #

Hmm. I actually find her comments pretty immature, especially the part about “wasting” her life away in a relationship and not being able to wear interesting clothes past 30. She looks quite stiff on the cover, what with the awkward head tilt and the placement of her hands. The editorial is okay though, but nothing special and pretty mediocre for a September issue.