Cate Blanchett In Elie Saab Couture – SK-II Promotional Event

Cate Blanchett In Elie Saab Couture - SK-II Promotional Event 2

Cate Blanchett continues to lend her gorgeous face to SK-II by attending a promotional event earlier today (July 22) in Shanghai, China.

Opting for a clean, fresh look perfect for allowing that glowing skin to be the centre of attention, the Australian actress wore an Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture white embroidered lace dress with scalloped trims and three-quarter-length sleeves which she styled with nude pumps and diamond jewels.

As always, there is a sense of effortlessness about this look. She couldn’t look more regal if she tried.

I believe this may be the first time Cate has worn Elie Saab (please correct me if I’m wrong); it was worth the wait, don’t you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Karen Gillan In Prada - 'Guardians of the Galaxy' LA Premiere

Karen Gillan In Prada – ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ LA Premiere

Get The Look: Anna Faris' 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Smokey Emerald Eyes

Get The Look: Anna Faris’ ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Smokey Emerald Eyes

59 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Elie Saab Couture – SK-II Promotional Event

1. Amy July 22, 2014 at 18:12 #

No! Washed out to the max!

• Christine July 22, 2014 at 18:53 #

Seriously. This s washing her out greatly. Not a good look at all

• julyol1972 July 22, 2014 at 19:22 #

Totally agree! I wouldn’t even have known where her lips were, had it not been for the pink lippie.

This is a HUGE no from me…and I’m normally one of Cate’s biggest fans,

• chittychittybangbang July 23, 2014 at 02:32 #

Yes, this is a letdown. Im also one of Cates biggest fans, but this is just bad.

• Olivia July 22, 2014 at 21:06 #

Agreed.

• Fiona-Brasil July 22, 2014 at 20:27 #

• Noemi July 23, 2014 at 09:28 #

I agree, she looks ghostly and the shoes don’t help. Plus, I really miss the runway belt.

• Louise July 23, 2014 at 11:50 #

I’m a huge Cate fan but I agree with you all here. She is too pale for this dress and the shoes are all wrong.

• amy July 23, 2014 at 12:55 #

agree

2. kane July 22, 2014 at 18:17 #

Hmmmmmm

3. From Russia With Love July 22, 2014 at 18:17 #

Omg. That has to be my disappointment of the year. The Queen is wearing the Zzzaab. She looks like she has no arms but does have cankles.

• sharizal_samah July 23, 2014 at 01:44 #

• chittychittybangbang July 23, 2014 at 02:33 #

+2, youre So right!!

• manja July 23, 2014 at 15:24 #

+1 and I add matronly,so a NO from me

4. Mayra July 22, 2014 at 18:17 #

She looks GORGEOUS! Can’t wait to see her wearing Elie Saab again.
    Though I wish we could see her arms…

5. shaphalf July 22, 2014 at 18:22 #

I’m afraid it’s a no from me. She looks super matronly, and to be quite frank, rather ordinary.

6. CreoleLady July 22, 2014 at 18:27 #

Her face is fabulous but, idk, those shoes, white lace, very one note and a bit frumpy. There’s effortless and then there’s phoning it in. Agree with Kane, hmmmmm.

7. Prudence July 22, 2014 at 18:37 #

…..are you and I seeing the same picture FC??? Is she not the epitome of washed out in this get up and the nude pumps certainly make it worst. This is a huge miss and I wish she would stay away from whites and creams. She looks like a ghost

• Iva July 22, 2014 at 18:53 #

8. Courtney Klein July 22, 2014 at 18:37 #

So frumpy looking. Disappointing.

9. lana July 22, 2014 at 18:39 #

It`s Elie Saab Spring 2013 Couture, not 2014

10. sophie July 22, 2014 at 18:39 #

I love Elie, I do, but this is been-there, done-that.

11. CTgirl July 22, 2014 at 18:51 #

I have to disagree with FC on this one. Not only is Cate washed out, the sleeve shape and dress length are really matronly. As in wrinkly a$$ old. This is one of the worst looks this year.

12. Rotwinsky July 22, 2014 at 18:52 #

This is the worst pic of hers at this event.She looks beyond gorgeous in all the other pics at dailymail..please change the pic FC

• Catherine Kallon July 22, 2014 at 19:09 #

Dear Rotwinsky,

Thanks for your comment. In reply, firstly, I have accounts with several picture agencies and Getty, where I purchase this image from, is one of them.

Secondly, I am unable to purchase a new picture because you do not believe this to be the best picture of Cate. That, unfortunately costs money. I am not in the same league as the Daily Mail to post multiple premium images.

Thirdly, the picture of Cate on Daily Mail, which was taken by Rex Features, an agency I do not have an account with. The picture is almost, if not entirely identical http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/22/article-2701240-1FE0B59600000578-614_634x1099.jpg

Kind regards

Catherine AKA FC

• Noemi July 23, 2014 at 15:21 #

I admit that she looks much better here, but it’s not full length photo.

13. Alina July 22, 2014 at 19:07 #

Her face is gorgeous, but… I really dislike the shoes and I feel like her waist should have been more accentuated.

14. from-chitown July 22, 2014 at 19:20 #

I am sad to say this – but I don’t like it at all. It completely washes her out, and the shoes are all wrong. Just not working for me – nothing of it.

15. Ramsay July 22, 2014 at 19:26 #

This is probably the worst ever look of hers for me
    Which is quite odd because this is a very classic, supposed to be “non controversial dress”, worn with the only aim of highlighting her skin
    This is not one of her more ‘directional’ choices which in some cases might be controversial
    But this very classic dress (ok slightly boring but again the point is not to showcase the dress by the face) is badly cut around the waist, the arms, the hips and badly styled with those shoes
    Quite an inexplicable misstep for what should’ve been a very straight forward choice

16. Lara July 22, 2014 at 19:45 #

This is not a good look. It washes her out badly, and overall this combo of Saab and Blanchett just does not work. Sorry.

17. Marianne July 22, 2014 at 19:51 #

I think she looks fine. Actually very pretty from other photos I have seen (also the light was a mess in this event). It is not groundbreaking or anything, but it is nice to see her wearing more soft garments.

FC, did you see the burgundy dress she wore earlier? It was stunning.

• chittychittybangbang July 23, 2014 at 02:40 #

Yes I agree thhere were wajy better pictures of Cate in this dress, but none of them were full-length.

18. Leto July 22, 2014 at 19:56 #

I agree that it washes her out and the shoes are boring. I also think the dress should be a bit shorter, this length makes her legs look strange. A belt may have helped too.

19. Marcel July 22, 2014 at 20:39 #

Horrendous. Biggest disappointment of the year. And those shoes ?????? I can’t believe I am saying that about Cate

20. Phoenix July 22, 2014 at 21:03 #

I can’t even believe this is Cate! I cannot remember her wearing anything that I would put on a worst-dressed list….this would be a first for me. dang

21. Britta July 22, 2014 at 21:13 #

I adore Cate Blanchett and I love Elie Saab. But this is seriously a bad combination! Not flattering at all! Big no!

22. pinksugar July 22, 2014 at 21:15 #

I agree with the majority. She looks washed out and the shoes are awful. Beautiful dress, beautiful woman but not a match made in fashion heaven unfortunately.

23. adrian July 22, 2014 at 21:30 #

I don’t know if it’s the angle or the lighting, but this is horribly unflattering and washed out

24. Rebecca Z July 22, 2014 at 21:44 #

Hard to see her and the dress against the light background. As always her hair and makeup are beautiful but I am not a fan of the dress. The length is bad for her, the dress is too bridal and washed out, and the shoes do nothing to liven the look up. She looks like she is dialing it in.

25. Dil July 22, 2014 at 21:53 #

Regal?
    She couldn’t have looked worse if she tried!
    The fit is all wrong and the styling n makeup is just plain uninspired..and not in a nonchalant playing it natural kinda of way..more along the lines of drab and careless kind of way..

26. Yeliz July 22, 2014 at 23:09 #

I also think that she looks very washed out + I’m missing the belt and her pose doesn’t do her any favours.

• sara July 22, 2014 at 23:38 #

I agree, definition to the waist is missing and I am not loving this color on her. Further, I think this length is not suiting her legs. I generally adore her, but this is not in the “win” category for me.

• sara July 22, 2014 at 23:40 #

also, I wonder if its the added lining in comparison to the model that is adding to the washed out effect.

• Yeliz July 23, 2014 at 23:02 #

You’re right, the added lining makes her look even more washed out. This is really not a great look.

• Burcu A July 23, 2014 at 10:29 #

+ 1

27. Nat39 July 23, 2014 at 00:18 #

Washed out mother-of-bride. Dreadful.

28. Cara July 23, 2014 at 01:26 #

Of all the great Elie Saab cocktail dresses that she could wear, that’s what she chose? It washes her out, it needs a belt, it makes her look wider than she is, and older too. The shoes are also wrong.

What a disappointment.

29. cherrysoftness July 23, 2014 at 03:04 #

I’m so confused, why is this look so hated? I thought she looked angelic, in fact I love how ethereal she can look. The dress washes her out, but it’s for a skincare line in Asia, I would not be surprised if they wanted her skin to look as pale and pristine as possible. I understand that not everyone will agree but, I just can’t justify the really harsh comments – the worst, horrible, biggest disappointment… really?

• Leeann July 23, 2014 at 08:45 #

Yes really. This does not suit her body she looks wide and her legs look stumpy.

30. Pedro July 23, 2014 at 04:29 #

I’m sad with this look!

Probably her worst look EVER! She looks really washed out

31. Valeria July 23, 2014 at 05:30 #

I live in Asia and yes, white skin is an obsession and it’s quite possible she was requested to wear something pale. I have seen worst pro lighting in my life at Chinese events, so maybe we can blame that, too (although can’t say anything about other Asian countries’ light engineering). But somehow she still looks matronly, shoes are horrendous, the belt is missing and the length doesn’t do any favors to her legs and general proportions, making her appear heavy,not curvaceous. Nothing personal, it’s a horrible look that hopefully is just a one-off for gorgeous Cate

32. lin July 23, 2014 at 07:04 #

Really don’t like the length on her, apart from what everyone else has said.

33. Leeann July 23, 2014 at 08:43 #

This dress does her no favours. She looks wide at the bottom and her legs look thick. I am very surprised you think this was worth the wait

34. Fiona - Perth July 23, 2014 at 08:54 #

I wasn’t sure at first but when I looked at other photographs I was able to see the details on the dress much better. The angle of this dress is unfortunate as she does not have cankles but the overall look of this is very ethereal and suits her very well.

35. Kb July 23, 2014 at 12:34 #

When I saw this picture I hate this dress than I saw it on elie saab Facebook it’s amazing on her and she look like queen in it I really like it now

36. alvaro_spain July 23, 2014 at 16:03 #

37. h July 23, 2014 at 16:58 #

Not the best but we have to take all of the lighting into consideration, as should have done her stylist because this is a skin care promotional event and lighting is crucial here so she can look like she’s in heaven.

38. Bridget212323 July 24, 2014 at 21:22 #

It makes her look huge and she’s so not! Not a good choice for her…

39. celine caldwell July 26, 2014 at 07:51 #

most def the biggest flop of the year. shocked that its coming from the great cate blanchett. but the dress also shows how lackluster elie saab’s designs really are. beaded lace dress after beaded lace dress. it might be her first time wearing but her stylist should take note never to put her elie saab again. also her worst look ever.