Selena Gomez’ Six Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

Selena Gomez' Zimmermann Dress Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

Selena Gomez had a very busy weekend at the Ischia Global Film and Music Festival in Ischia, Italy, donning six great looks and one very questionable one.

Arrival: Walking around the town, the actress wore a very summery Zimmerman Resort 2015 floral-print halter dress with a cut-out detail at the waist giving the dress a two-piece feel. The light and airy dress, which couldn’t be more perfect for the location, was styled with white Casadei leather wrap-around sandals and black Raybans.

Selena Gomez Emanuel Ungaro Dress Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

‘Rudderless’ Premiere: For the premiere of her latest movie, ‘Rudderless’, the actress went sexy glam wearing an Emanuel Ungaro Spring 2014 sheer polka-dot maxi shirt dress in yellow and white with black detailing throughout. Popping a few of the buttons to heighten the sex appeal of this look, she accessorized with black pumps and gold hooped earrings.

Selena Gomez Blumarine Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

‘Rudderless’ Press Conference: The day after the premiere, the actress attended the press conference wearing a Blumarine Spring 2014 sheer rose-embroidered shirt with a matching tulle skirt. This has to be perhaps my least favourite look from Selena, and possibly even one of my least favourite looks of the year. Half-plucked chicken immediately springs to mind. White Casadei pumps completed this look.

Selena Gomez Kayat Gown Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

Gala Dinner: Selena made a swift turnaround that same evening, donning a Kayat Spring 2014 black gown featuring a plunging neckline and thigh-high slit enriched with diamond detailing. The gown is gorgeous, but I prefer the fit on the model. Perhaps the gown needed some adjustment on Selena or she needed to go down a size for the perfect fit.

Selena Gomez' Zimmermann Playsuit and Dress Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

Out with Friends: It wasn’t all work for Selena, who was spotted out on the town with her friends wearing a floral-print metallic-gold batik playsuit from Zimmermann’s Resort 2015 collection styled with the same Casadei sandals we saw from her first outing.

Hotel Della Regina Isabella: Selena’s final look saw her leaving the Hotel Della Regina Isabella, where she hopped on a boat for a cruise. Turning to Zimmerman again, the actress wore a pretty playsuit with long lace sleeves and a lace-up detail at the front. Brian Atwood Abell studded ankle-cuff leather sandals completed her look.

My favourite from head to toe is definitely the first Zimmermann dress.

I wish she’d had more fun in the footwear department. I think the footwear let her down with looks 2 and 3.

Credit: Style.com, AKM-GSI & Getty

Kylie Minogue In Blumarine - The Voice Media Call

Kylie Minogue In Blumarine – The Voice Media Call

Emmy Rossum's Tory Burch 'Margaux' Dress

Emmy Rossum’s Tory Burch ‘Margaux’ Dress

28 Responses to Selena Gomez’ Six Ischia Global Film and Music Festival Looks

1. Alina July 21, 2014 at 11:34 #

For some reason, ‘try-hard’ was my first thought.

• julyol1972 July 21, 2014 at 15:41 #

Mine too! She’s so desperate to be seen as sexy, she over cooks it most of the time. She looks best in silhouettes like the last two. Age – appropriate and simple.

• Noemi July 22, 2014 at 10:10 #

I agree with you. And I dislike the shoe choice, it’s Ischia, wear some lovely flat or low heeled sandals, instead of those stilettos!

• Nawny July 23, 2014 at 07:31 #

Try hard for sure. The last 2 looks are adorable. Why is she in such a hurry to “grow up”? Play up what you are, don’t try to be something you aren’t. Go for sexy and sultry in your 30′s.

2. Yeliz July 21, 2014 at 11:38 #

I’m absolutely in love with this first look. So gorgeous and summery. The other Zimmermann looks are also great.

• Cascia July 21, 2014 at 16:31 #

ITA

3. Christine July 21, 2014 at 11:38 #

I like look 1 and look 6

4. Kathy July 21, 2014 at 12:08 #

I love all three Zimmermann looks, but I find the white Casadei sandals rather clunky and awkward, so they drag down looks 1 and 5 for me. Look 6 is my favorite, it’s light and airy but still sophisticated. I don’t think the Blumarine outfit is that bad to begin with, but she executed it very poorly. For starters, she could’re replaced that white bra with something a little less obvious…

• Leti July 21, 2014 at 15:37 #

Totally agree re: the Casadei sandals, though I think they particularly bring down the first look–the skirt is too long for such clunky shoes. It’s very stumpefying.

• chittychittybangbang July 22, 2014 at 02:26 #

Same.

5. justme July 21, 2014 at 12:37 #

Her footwear let her down in all of her looks :/

I only like the Zimmerman playsuit tbh.

6. layla July 21, 2014 at 13:22 #

I love the first look- perfect and summery- and think the last two, whilst nothing special, are nice. The other looks don’t work for me.

7. amy July 21, 2014 at 13:50 #

somehow her off-duty (laid-back) looks are the best. love both zimmermann looks. the other outfits aren’t doing it for me especially the white fluffy thing. seriously she looks like a bad bird and the visible bra? nope.

8. marie July 21, 2014 at 14:09 #

I almost loved the first one, but the shoes… so it’s only a thumb-up from the ankles up.
    The following ones are – sorry – one big misery, especially the footwear.
    The last two ones are okay two.
    My guess is she just tried to hard for the red carpet and the “official” occasions.

9. Lara July 21, 2014 at 14:40 #

Methinks there is more than one “questionable” look here. In fact the only one I like from head to toe is the last Zimmerman lace playsuit. These styles are mostly NOT working for her. She used to dress much better than this… what’s happening? And in most cases, the pumps are so out of place with the rest of the outfit.

10. dee July 21, 2014 at 14:43 #

The first 3 looks are ugly and have too much going on. The black gown is OK. Her girls aren’t sitting quite right in them. I like the last 2 looks. They are simple and youthful.

11. Alex V July 21, 2014 at 15:28 #

OMG The gown is breathtaking, I’m trying to omit the black pumps! Personally her best second red carpet look since her atelier Versace at the vmas

12. sophie July 21, 2014 at 16:42 #

Looks 2, 3 4 are so tacky. She’s tacky 70% of the time.

Let’s give her benefit of the doubt and blame it on Bieber and a bad stylist. Nope. She’s tacky.

I do like Look 5.

13. Marybeth July 21, 2014 at 17:19 #

I like the three Zimmerman looks but those clunky white sandals have got to go, especially with look #1.

She dressed extraordinarily well as a teen but has had a rough transition into adulthood. Very hit or miss, with far too many misses of late.

14. pinksugar July 21, 2014 at 18:42 #

I don’t like any of these looks because as usual the clothes are wearing her. She desperately tries to be sexy and fails every time. Trying too hard is never a good look and Selena has become the Queen of it.

15. stephanie July 21, 2014 at 18:58 #

that first dress is so pretty, but that odd cutout makes her look pregnant in a weird way. not flattering. and the shoes are way OTT.

16. H July 21, 2014 at 19:00 #

I like looks 1,2,5 and 6. I canĀ“t help thinking if someone new is styling her or she is just trying different stuff. The shirt could’ve been lined and look great, but that didn’t happen.

Also, didn’t Zendaya Coleman wore the Ungaro dress?

• chittychittybangbang July 22, 2014 at 02:30 #

One similar, but I think hers was in blue. Anyone??

• ayatlaw July 22, 2014 at 20:28 #

It was blue…I think it was just the shirt and a different skirt….

17. Britta July 21, 2014 at 21:01 #

The shoes ways almost every of her looks down. Except for the gorgeous Brian Atwood heels that goes great with the beautiful white lace romper in the last look. I like the gowns, but not with this styling!

18. Nat39 July 21, 2014 at 23:49 #

Look 1 is also my fave, love that beautiful summery dress, followed by looks 5 and 6.
    Looks 2 and 4 are try-hard and the transparent top of the look 3 is bad.

19. cherrysoftness July 22, 2014 at 02:48 #

I actually like her white chunky shoes because they seem more natural to her, if that makes sense. She looks like she’s trying hard wearing all these “looks”, but after seeing her in the white shoes a few times, I thought, I *bet* these are really comfy, and, unlike her other clothes, she actually loves these shoes. They are probably more her style then her sexy dress-up outfits.

20. Dhppy July 23, 2014 at 01:54 #

I think the more youthful and less complicated the outfit, the better she carries it. 5 (with different shoes) and 6 work well.