Ruth Wilson In Mary Katrantzou & Christian Dior - 2014 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour

Ruth Wilson kick-started her promotional efforts for ‘The Affair’ during the SHOWTIME Network portion of the 2014 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour last week in California.

CBS, CW And Showtime Party: On Thursday (July 17) the British actress wore a Mary Katrantzou Resort 2015 eggplant lace dress with cream embroidered detail. Unlike the sheer pieces which appeared in the designer’s look book, Ruth’s dress was lined, which on this occasion helped enhance the threadwork. Even with so much detail on her dress, I love that Ruth still opted for a statement shoe, selecting an aqua Jimmy Choo sandal

‘The Affair’ Panel: The following day (July 18) Ruth went in the total opposite direction wearing a look from her favourite brand, Dior. The Resort 2014 sleeveless black maxi dress with a layered panel on the bodice was styled with white studded sandals and a silver bracelet.

Ruth can wear just about anything and pull it off. She rarely puts a foot wrong in my eyes.

Ruth Wilson In Mary Katrantzou & Christian Dior

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nikki Reed In Alice + Olivia - GRAMMY Camp LA Launch Party

Nikki Reed In Alice + Olivia – GRAMMY Camp LA Launch Party

Mia Maestro In Emporio Armani - Fox Summer TCA All-Star Party

Mia Maestro In Emporio Armani – Fox Summer TCA All-Star Party

11 Responses to Ruth Wilson In Mary Katrantzou & Christian Dior – 2014 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour

1. sophie July 21, 2014 at 18:49 #

Love the Katrantzou and the shoes, the Dior is meh.

2. Dhppy July 21, 2014 at 18:59 #

I don’t like the shoes with that dress.

3. Marybeth July 21, 2014 at 19:32 #

I LOVE that Katrantzou dress and Ruth wears it beautifully. The bright blue shoes, alas, are overkill and an annoying distraction. The dress has plenty to say and she should have let it do the talking.

The Dior look is unremarkable. Perhaps Ruth should have worn a knee-length version of the dress, one much closer to what the model is wearing. Then she could try bright statement shoes with THAT.

I love Ruth Wilson’s style too, BTW, —even when she doesn’t get it quite right!

• chittychittybangbang July 22, 2014 at 01:06 #

You said it all

4. Christine July 21, 2014 at 20:01 #

The shoes are not working with the first look. Clashing going on there

5. Britta July 21, 2014 at 20:43 #

I only love the Jimmy Choo shoes here! Not with that dress though. The Dior fits like a duvet cover would…

6. Yeliz July 21, 2014 at 23:13 #

Love the shoes and the dress in the first look but they don’t work together. The second look is boring.

• Alina July 22, 2014 at 06:10 #

7. chittychittybangbang July 22, 2014 at 01:07 #

I can’t believe that anyone would consider the first dress/shoe combo a good idea.

8. dee July 22, 2014 at 01:26 #

Not liking either look. She seldom gets it right.

9. cherrysoftness July 22, 2014 at 02:31 #

I love her first dress and pair of shoes so much that, even though I don’t love them together, I just can’t help but adore both pieces. I actually hope to see them on the red carpet again. I’d love to see the original dress, and I’d love to see these super cute shoes bring a simple cream or nude combo to life.