Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better…Lupita Nyong’o or Nong Poy

Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better Lupita Nyong'o or Nong Poy

Lupita Nyong’o blew us all away during awards season, never more so than when she donned a red caped Ralph Lauren gown to the Golden Globe Awards.

I was very surprised to see it worn again just two months later by Nong Poy to the Hong Kong Film Awards

The Thai actress wore it equally well, keeping the styling to a minimum and adding a red lip.

Both women look outstanding; I should toss a coin as it is impossible to choose, but I will go for Lupita on this occasion as this was such a great moment which will go down in fashion history as one of her best red carpet looks.

MARC0665.683x1024

Credit: Style.com, Sina & Getty

12 Comments
Anna Paquin's Thakoon Flared Tie-Fastening Dress

Anna Paquin’s Thakoon Flared Tie-Fastening Dress

Dianna Agron's Rebecca Minkoff 'Francis' Dress

Dianna Agron’s Rebecca Minkoff ‘Francis’ Dress

12 Responses to Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better…Lupita Nyong’o or Nong Poy

1. Nat39 July 18, 2014 at 00:05 #

The gown should’ve retired after Lupita had worn it. It will always be her moment.

• Nat39 July 18, 2014 at 00:20 #

As for subtle differences – the silhouette on Lupita was made more flattering by nipping it in at the waist, and I also like the addition of gold jewellery (Nong’s hands are too bare). Lupita owned that look.

• Alina July 18, 2014 at 05:36 #

I agree with both of your comments.

2. julyol1972 July 18, 2014 at 00:24 #

Both women are beautiful in the dress. But the fit is just a smidge better on Lupita, and the color is gorgeous against her skin. Plus, like Nat39 said, Lupita owned that dress, and it should’ve been retired after she wore it.

3. Dianne O Slane July 18, 2014 at 01:14 #

I think that lupita-nyongo wore the gown best! the difference one look like model and the other look like a queen! Personally I think they both look beautiful.

4. Prian July 18, 2014 at 04:17 #

Their names are fabulous, though.Such a joy to pronounce them #nooffense

5. Yeliz July 18, 2014 at 04:21 #

Lupita.

6. Larissa July 18, 2014 at 10:49 #

Sorry but there is no contest. Lupita all the way! Months later I still get goosebumps looking at her.

7. Patricia July 18, 2014 at 16:49 #

Sorry for Lupita (it was her moment and blah, blah…) but Nong looks way much better.

• Jess July 19, 2014 at 07:14 #

Agree!

8. Agnes July 19, 2014 at 10:56 #

I don’t like Lupita, I find her quite overrated, but I do find that she wore this dress the best of these two. I find Nong Poy to vanish in the dress and the color makes her look even more pale and it just isn’t flattering.

9. Lil July 20, 2014 at 05:13 #

Honestly, I think it would be wrong to make a call between these two. The styling is essentially exactly the same. Nong Poy looks washed out in the photo but can you really make that judgement when the flash photography and the unflattering background in her photo renders even the colour of her dress worlds apart from Lupita’s identical one?

Other than race, I would say there is no difference.