Freida Pinto In Marios Schwab – Ischia Global Film & Music Festival

Freida Pinto In Marios Schwab - Ischia Global Film & Music Festival

Freida Pinto was in Ischia, Italy this weekend to promote her new movie ‘Desert Dancer’ during the Ischia Global Film & Music Festival on Sunday (July 13).

The actress wore a Marios Schwab Spring 2014 gown.

Looking at this beautiful white dress featuring a split in the skirt to reveal blue and white floral embroidery on a sheer layer, I wish it was strapless as I am not fond of the sheer white yoke on Freida.

Also the shoes feel too heavy, but were probably selected as to prevent her sinking into the sand.

However, the sapphire-blue necklace was the perfect way to style this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Shakira In Charbel Zoe - Germany v Argentina: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Final

Shakira In Charbel Zoe – Germany v Argentina: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Final

Karolina Kurkova In Azzedine Alaia - 20th Anniversary Of Giuseppe Zanotti Design

Karolina Kurkova In Azzedine Alaia – 20th Anniversary Of Giuseppe Zanotti Design

15 Responses to Freida Pinto In Marios Schwab – Ischia Global Film & Music Festival

1. Christine July 14, 2014 at 11:01 #

Take away the sheer yoke with the necklace and replace the shoes with better sandals, then this could’ve been a nice look

2. dee July 14, 2014 at 13:35 #

The shoes are not working and I don’t like the sheer yoke either.

• Alina July 14, 2014 at 13:54 #

3. julyol1972 July 14, 2014 at 15:45 #

One of my pet peeves is seeing brown – skinned actresses in sheer materials this color. I think it’s the height of laziness by some of these stylists to put their clients in these sheers that don’t match their skin tone.

Fried looks lovely in white, but I’m really distracted by the yoke, and clunky shoes.

4. PHOENIX July 14, 2014 at 17:24 #

Would have worked better without the sheer in this case. and the shoes.

5. sophie July 14, 2014 at 18:17 #

I hate the yoke, but Freida worked around it; the necklace was a good choice. I wish we could see more of the gown.

6. kane July 14, 2014 at 18:40 #

The shoes constitute a crime.

7. CreoleLady July 14, 2014 at 18:48 #

This look could have been spectacular and even with the flaws noted, I still like it. The necklace is fab and the dress beautiful.

• Nat39 July 14, 2014 at 19:01 #

I still like it too. The addition of the necklace was brilliant.

8. Yeliz July 14, 2014 at 20:53 #

Actually I love the dress combined with the necklace. The shoes are horrendous.

9. cherrysoftness July 15, 2014 at 02:52 #

I love the flowers peeking at the slits!

10. easyBlake July 15, 2014 at 04:46 #

I don’t mind the sheer yoke, it doesn’t create the illusion as it does on the model, but it doesn’t distract me. The shoes, however, are a firm No.

11. Gemma Rockets July 15, 2014 at 05:33 #

It’s a shame that all these sheer panelled styles are only produced in one skin tone. It would be great if they could somehow be produced with detachable sheer panels that can be dyed to match different skin tones. But, I suppose there’s little money to be made doing that.

I think Frieda looks gorgeous anyway, and the necklace is perfect. A white or blue flat sandal would’ve looked prettier but I’m guessing the dress would then be much too long.

• chittychittybangbang July 19, 2014 at 00:32 #

You know, you really just came up with a brilliant idea. After all, how antiquated it is to presume that any woman who may wear these illusion dresses must be white!!