10.07.14

RCFA x Fenwick of Bond Street #ShoeCorner Collaboration

Fenwick window fnl 2

I am very excited to announce my collaboration with Fenwick of Bond Street. We are working together to promote the launch of their Shoe Corner, which opens tomorrow (July 11).

What’s so great about that? Well apart from the fact that it’s going to be an exquisite 4,143 sq ft space transformed into an alluring Gatsby-esque playground for shoe lovers – displaying 35 brands from Acne to Zanotti – it will be the first time a department store will feature a shoe department on the ground floor.

I had the honour of being sketched by fashion illustrator and celebrity portrait artist David Downton, who has worked for Vogue and various other publications sketching the likes of Cate Blanchett for the 50th anniversary of Vogue Australia as well as Dita von Teese, Iman, Sarah Jessica Parker and many more.

The illustration will be placed in the windows of Fenwick of Bond Street from Friday (July 11) and remain there for the summer alongside Hilary Alexander’s sketch.

I wore my favourite Osman Resort 2014 dress on the day with Topshop flats.

In the sketch you can see me slinging an orange Valentino ‘Rockstud’ pump over my shoulder.

More details about this exciting project will follow.

Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci - Vogue Foundation Gala

Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci – Vogue Foundation Gala

Eve Hewson In Christian Dior - 'The Knick' LA Screening

Eve Hewson In Christian Dior – ‘The Knick’ LA Screening

41 Responses to RCFA x Fenwick of Bond Street #ShoeCorner Collaboration

1. Christine July 10, 2014 at 12:14 #

Congrats!!!!!!

Can’t wait for American brands to collaborate with you. We need to see more if you in the press.

This is fabulous!!!

2. Lee Ann July 10, 2014 at 12:28 #

DavidDownton is also the resident artist at Claridges. what an honour. I also love that Osman dress

3. DM July 10, 2014 at 12:33 #

Congrats! What exciting news. May you continue with your success…your hard work is really paying off. Your loyal readers are thrilled for you! Great sketch, by the way.

4. Alina July 10, 2014 at 12:42 #

So happy for you, Catherine!

5. Joy July 10, 2014 at 12:50 #

CONGRATULATIONS! What an exciting endeavor. Your continued success is much deserved!

The sketch is so beautiful! What an honor! I’d be pinching myself for sure.

Oh and personally I adore Valentino Rockstud heels!

Wish I was traveling to London in the near future to see the showroom in person. And buy some shoeeez!

6. tod July 10, 2014 at 13:22 #

this is so cool! congratulations! you look stunning!

• Fiona-Brasil July 10, 2014 at 19:45 #

+1.Congrats!

7. dee July 10, 2014 at 13:39 #

Great news. The sketch is cool. Congratulations.

8. gabis July 10, 2014 at 14:02 #

Wow, this is so great! Congrats, FC! :)

9. Pat Lyttle July 10, 2014 at 14:06 #

Hey Girl, Congratulations. Just spotted this. Wish I could check it out but off on hols to Japan in a few hours. When I get back let’s talk shoes. Beautiful image of a beautiful woman. Best from Pat

10. mm July 10, 2014 at 14:53 #

So where do you plan to hang the sketch in your home.

Vivid colors that you adore.

11. Nicky July 10, 2014 at 16:43 #

Wow that’s so exciting! Love the sketch and those Valentino pumps! Hope you get some free shoes LOL

12. HM July 10, 2014 at 17:35 #

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS FC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I’ve let that out of my system…I just have to say that as a follower of your blog since god knows when, this is truly a well deserved honour! I follow David on instagram and he is an absolute talent…I am green with envy! Enjoy the experience FC and thank you for sharing with us your journey.

P.S. If Loreal comes knocking on your door next and you start doing rounds at Cannes…I expect big poofy Elie Saab dresses embellished to the core day in day out! HAHA ;)

• Catherine Kallon July 10, 2014 at 17:45 #

Thank you so much…now you have me dreaming of walking on the red carpet at Cannes alongside Blake and Aishwarya in an Elie Saab gown…what a Cinderella moment that would be

13. sophie July 10, 2014 at 18:14 #

FC what was Mr. FC’s reaction to this? I’d be smug *g*

• Catherine Kallon July 10, 2014 at 18:16 #

He was really proud. has no clue about fashion, yet very supportive nonetheless

• sophie July 10, 2014 at 18:21 #

You gotta work your magic on him FC, like Diane Kruger on Mr. Kruger. But you wouldn’t tolerate sneakers on a red carpet unlike Queen Krugelz. ;)

14. CreoleLady July 10, 2014 at 19:08 #

*swoons*

FC, I am just wondering if you get a copy (or the original) of that fabulous portrait to hang in your home. I hope so!!! Congrats and thank you for taking us along for this glorious ride….

15. Nat July 10, 2014 at 20:52 #

This is absolutely wonderful FC! Congratulations!

16. Yeliz July 10, 2014 at 22:36 #

These are such amazing news! I am loving the sketch and am very happy for you Catherine, congrats!!

17. easyBlake July 10, 2014 at 22:37 #

Congrats FC!! I get so excited hearing about your collabs/features, as though it were happening to me, lol. It’s because you have such an inviting blog.

• Catherine Kallon July 10, 2014 at 23:00 #

you are so sweet. Thank you… I hope to share more in the future. x

18. neli July 10, 2014 at 22:44 #

Congrats!! Xx

19. HL July 11, 2014 at 01:21 #

At first glance, I thought the poster was Beyoncé!

Congrats FC!

20. EmmaWoodhouse July 11, 2014 at 02:16 #

This warmed my heart. Kudos to you–this is a beautiful honor and SO well-deserved. That picture is just gorgeous! A real hang-in-the-front-room-and-keep-forever image…wow, I’m so excited for you!!!!!!!! <3

21. TL July 11, 2014 at 02:17 #

Oh my God that’s wonderful, congratulations FC. Love the sketch and love the dress you wore, you look absolutely gorgeous. Hope we get to see more photos of you and your styles.

22. cherrysoftness July 11, 2014 at 02:37 #

I’ve been visiting this site for years, clicking the link to Vogue with your illustration gave me chills! You are so hard-working, and spot-on, and you’ve become such a big influence to us your readers, you really deserve all of this. Congratulations!

And, ahem… perhaps this is a big step in your advocacy against black pumps and triple stacked platforms destroying people’s outfits?

23. TL July 11, 2014 at 03:34 #

Oh my God that’s wonderful, congratulations FC. Love the sketch and love your dress, you look absolutely gorgeous. wish we can see more of your photos and styles soon.

24. beta July 11, 2014 at 11:00 #

Woooooww!!
    Congrats!!!

25. Mary July 11, 2014 at 16:18 #

Fabulous girrl :)

26. katie July 11, 2014 at 21:02 #

Aw FC I am estatic for you. No one deserves it more, all your diligence is paying off, rightly so too!You are rocking your dress, the colour is fab on you.

I saw the rockstud Valentino’s on your site, being worn by Alessandra Ambrosio. I had to buy them!!- in pink. I still adore them!

• Catherine Kallon July 14, 2014 at 10:52 #

Thank you…you are so very sweet. The rockstuds are very cute in pink too

27. Sa'a July 11, 2014 at 21:17 #

New wallpaper anyone?
    A big YES from me!congratulations you deserve so much more. Please hire me…….

28. mattison July 11, 2014 at 23:51 #

That dress and the pops of color in your makeup are driving me absolutely insane- you’re stunning! Congrats, what an amazing achievement and thanks for making your readers feel like we’re right there with you every step of this incredible journey :)

29. disneyrollergirl July 13, 2014 at 00:19 #

Yay, I went past it today Catherine. Gorgeous, big congrats!

30. Tania July 14, 2014 at 22:38 #