10.07.14

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab 1
Elie Saab 2Elie Saab 3Elie Saab 44Elie Saab 5

Credit: Style.com

Who Wore Cushnie et Ochs Better...Naomie Harris or Dianna Agron?

Who Wore Cushnie et Ochs Better…Naomie Harris or Dianna Agron?

Valentino Fall 2014 Couture Front Row

Valentino Fall 2014 Couture Front Row

23 Responses to Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

1. Lei July 10, 2014 at 10:13 #

Oh to see Emmy in that dress… it will be love at first site! <3

2. Iva July 10, 2014 at 10:27 #

I see Blake in Emmy’s dress and Zoe in Kerri’s dress.

3. Alina July 10, 2014 at 10:29 #

The dress you picked for Aishwarya was my favourite from this collection. I could also see it on Kate Hudson. :)

I know it’s a simple dress, but I would love to see Beyonce in this one: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2014CTR-ESAAB/#19

Also, I was wondering what you thought about this collection, FC. As many people think Mr. Saab’s work is becoming repetitive.

• Catherine Kallon July 10, 2014 at 10:45 #

Yes I do agree, but the same can be said for Valentino also.

This collection was full of a lot of samey gowns with a few, the ones I picked, that stood out.

4. Yeliz July 10, 2014 at 10:33 #

I LOVE all of these picks and I would really really really want to see that breathtaking gown on Emmy and also in love with the gown picked for Olivia.

5. Mandy July 10, 2014 at 10:38 #

I adored this collection, so happy to see some different silhouettes and styles from him. Your picks are wonderful as always, hopefully they will be gracing the red carpet soon.

6. LOLA July 10, 2014 at 10:39 #

It is sad but i’m not even interested in Elie Saab anymore. It is always the same thing…the same for Valentino.
    This couture season was a let down. I loved Chanel & Jean Paul Gaultier.

7. Larissa July 10, 2014 at 10:56 #

YAY FC I mentally picked the same dress for Nina since I saw this collection! I would die to see Lupita in this gown and Emmy would rock the one you chose for her. Good job!

8. Nat39 July 10, 2014 at 10:58 #

I can clearly see Emmy Rossum in that gown. Love the gown chosen for Olivia, once again would be a perfect choice for Emmy imo. The gown for Blake is beautiful, can also see it on Naomie Harris.
    Not quite feeling the choice for Zoe and the little dress for Lupita is not her best cut/length/silhouette.

9. Pedro July 10, 2014 at 13:40 #

Gorgeous but REALLY repetitive!

ES need to try some new things

10. mm July 10, 2014 at 14:56 #

Aishwarya dress is my favorite. I love all your selections.

11. sophie July 10, 2014 at 15:43 #

I chose the baby blue strapless gown for Jessica Chastain. It would go better with her style and complexion.

Elie Saab won’t dress Nina Dorbev or Emmy Rossum in his Couture because they aren’t A-list. I read in a Hollywood Reporter article that Mr. Saab has been called by A-List actresses and told not to dress so-and-so. He wants to be at the pinnacle, so he won’t dress tadpoles like Nina or Emmy in his Couture.

12. Prudence July 10, 2014 at 16:12 #

my god this show was a bore, same old same old

13. Nicky July 10, 2014 at 16:59 #

Same old sequined dresses, but there is more variety within this collection that his previous ones. My favorite dress was the one picked for Lupita. I also like the choices for Zoe Saldana and Zhang Ziyi.

14. TeaAtTwo July 10, 2014 at 19:13 #

Repetitive but still beautiful.

15. Amanda July 10, 2014 at 20:46 #

I don’t care if the collection is repetitive – it’s just too stunning for words. I love your picks especially the Emmy Rossum gown – it is such a beautiful piece – I also think Taylor Swift would look lovely in it! The craftmanship that went into that collection is mind blowing! Gorgeous!!!

• Alina2 July 10, 2014 at 22:51 #

+1000. I can see why someone would say that Saab’s collections are very similar in style and that he repeats himself somewhat, but in all honesty WHO CARES when the results are this beautiful? His designs are the most perfect and beautifully executed versions of this type of design aesthetic that one can find. If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

• cherrysoftness July 11, 2014 at 03:00 #

I agree. I kind of… just shyly shrink away when I see the comments in an Elie Saab post complain about the gowns being repetitive, because I still swoon over the person wearing these gowns. I always feel like, there’s a demand for these gowns because they can make the wearer look and FEEL very beautiful – it is, essentially, a princess moment. And I love seeing that, same with Valentino, I love seeing actresses on the red carpet glowing with pride over their beautiful clothes.

• CreoleLady July 11, 2014 at 10:26 #

+3 (or maybe +3000, lol). His gowns are flattering, beautiful and so very wearable. That can’t be said, at least not so consistently, about Dior or Chanel or Prada, to name a few. Sometimes seeing several of Saabs in a row on the red carpet gets really same-y. But I want to see them any way.

• olivia July 11, 2014 at 15:23 #

Could not agree more! His gowns are magnificent and dreamlike to me. They may stick to the same formula but if it ain’t broken don’t fix it. I’d also love to see Taylor in the Emmy Rossum gown