07.07.14

A Week In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s Closet

A Week In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge's Closet

It has been a busy few days for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, who has attended several events in the UK this week.

M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme: On Tuesday (July 1) the duchess wore a sweet coral-pink Goat 3/4-sleeve belted dress styled with her favourite L.K. Bennett clutch and nude pumps.

Wimbledon Championships: On Wednesday (July 2) for the Simone Halep v Sabine Lisicki match on Day 9 of the Wimbledon Championships, Catherine repeated her Zimmermann ‘Roamer’ eyelet dress she wore on her tour of Australia. The look was of course styled with her L.K. Bennett nude pumps, with a red, tan and ivory Anya Hindmarch fan clutch providing the finishing touch.

Tour de France Grand Depart: For the official launch of the Tour de France – which, despite its title, kicked off from Harewood House in Leeds, England on Saturday (July 5) – the duchess repeated her green Erdem Pre-Fall 2013 coat. Worn over a green and white printed Suzannah summer dress, her nude L.K. Bennett clutch and pumps were of course also present.

Wimbledon Men’s Final: The duchess attended the Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer match held at Wimbledon on Sunday (July 6). Wearing another repeat, she opted for a Jonathan Saunders Pre-Fall 2012 dress which she first wore back in 2012. While we can’t see her shoes, I wouldn’t bet on her wearing anything other than her go-to L.K. Bennett nude pumps.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Queen Máxima of The Netherlands In Jan Taminiau Couture, Kiernan Shipka In Mary Katrantzou & Robert Pattinson In Alexander McQueen

Best Dressed Of The Week – Queen Máxima of The Netherlands In Jan Taminiau Couture, Kiernan Shipka In Mary Katrantzou & Robert Pattinson In Alexander McQueen

Nicole Richie's 'Candidly Nicole' Promo Tour

Nicole Richie’s ‘Candidly Nicole’ Promo Tour

24 Responses to A Week In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s Closet

1. mauimermaid July 7, 2014 at 12:38 #

Yawn….repeat,repeat,repeat.

2. Christine July 7, 2014 at 12:39 #

Color me impressed just a little. I actually like these looks especially look 2 and 4

3. bisbee July 7, 2014 at 12:43 #

I would love it if she would do something with that hair! I hate the long ringlets…and in my opinion, she would look a lot better if she would just put that hair behind her shoulders instead of hanging down! Better still, she should get a shoulder-grazing bob and stop hiding behind that long hair.

Now…don’t get me started on the eyeliner!

4. amy July 7, 2014 at 13:08 #

okay I guess.

5. kane July 7, 2014 at 13:09 #

I really like how she styled the eyelet dress this time around–the rest isn’t my cup of tea at all. Especially the granny cut of the first dress.

6. dee July 7, 2014 at 13:30 #

I only really like the eyelet dress.

• Iva July 7, 2014 at 13:47 #

7. CreoleLady July 7, 2014 at 13:47 #

I like the eyelet dress (2), gives her curves and waist definition. I also like the Saunders (4) for the same reason and because she looks good in color. The Saunders is a bit more modern too.

8. Gayle July 7, 2014 at 13:48 #

She looks fine and lovely I just can never get too excited about her outfits. I understand the style parameters are different for her than an actress or musician but I feel like these are all outfits that every country club lady is wearing.

9. Nat July 7, 2014 at 14:59 #

Boringzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Her hairstyle on the first look ages her terribly

10. M. July 7, 2014 at 15:51 #

After seeing Queen Letitzia look stunning in a coat dress I have to conclude that it’s not the dresses, but Kate herself that is the problem. She just can wear clothes well, it seems. Not to mention her always awkward posture and horrible make up.

11. Alina July 7, 2014 at 15:53 #

She needs a new hair cut. ASAP.

12. Rebecca Z July 7, 2014 at 18:58 #

Incredibly boring run. She doesn’t’ usually bore me this much, but these clothes are just so dowdy.

13. Marybeth July 7, 2014 at 19:11 #

I love the #2 and #4 dresses. They’re both well worth the repeat appearance.
    I don’t get #3. The Erdem coat is nice enough but is it really coat weather in England right now? And I would think the Tour de France opening might call for something a bit more sporty or breezy. (?)

If she had different hairstyles in this set of looks, I think we’d give her a big thumbs up.
    I understand her wanting to wear her beautiful hair down, but really, I’m sick of it.
    She needs to put it up or at least in a ponytail FAR more often than she does.

14. fatima July 7, 2014 at 19:41 #

Thank you for rather doing a summary of her appearances as opposed to an individual post for each dull and matronly frock.

• dressaddict July 7, 2014 at 22:07 #

+1!

I still hope that she will be struck by a deep rvelation one day and a) remove the eyeliner for good; b)wears some modern and NEW clothes. Fingers crossed!

15. Yeliz July 8, 2014 at 00:13 #

She had worn those dresses just a couple of months ago, she really didn’t had to repeat after such a short time. I’m bored by all of these looks, even though I like the Zimmermann dress on its own.

16. phoenix July 8, 2014 at 00:43 #

Too bad she is starting to really really bore me. She wears the same style alot. She needs to change it up big time.

• Sleepless in Chicago July 8, 2014 at 11:11 #

Yawn inducing looks! She must be bored and uninspired in her life to project the mood so vividly in all her outfits.

17. TeaAtTwo July 8, 2014 at 12:36 #

With all these repeats she seems to only have about a week’s worth of clothes in her entire wardrobe .

18. Prudence July 9, 2014 at 01:10 #

I want to burn those pumps. Yawnfest overall.