Keira Knightley In Chanel – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Keira Knightley In Chanel - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Keira Knightley attended the annual Serpentine Gallery Summer Party held at The Serpentine Gallery on Tuesday (July 1) in London, England.

No surprises that the British actress is wearing Chanel, selecting a look from the recent Resort 2015 collection.

The multi-coloured asymmetrical dress with a beaded bodice and floral appliqué skirt also featured a white layer.

My first thought was that had Diane Kruger worn this she would’ve removed the layered skirt, but this ethereal look suits Keira’s style so I am glad she didn’t make any modifications.

Update: Those are white linen trousers and not a skirt.

Credit: Style.com, FameFlynet & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Gemma Arterton In Prabal Gurung - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Gemma Arterton In Prabal Gurung – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

26 Responses to Keira Knightley In Chanel – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

1. Nat39 July 2, 2014 at 10:16 #

Awful gown. The top part looks like a craft project and the tulle skirt is plain bizarre and out of place, almost looks like she accidentally put the multicolored dress over her nightgown. And the look seems a bit much/ott.

• Dean July 2, 2014 at 13:37 #

• dee July 2, 2014 at 14:03 #

• Nat July 2, 2014 at 15:09 #

2. Marcel July 2, 2014 at 10:16 #

This was one of my favorites dresses at the Dubai fashion show.
    Absolutely adore everything about this look, although I think the tulle skirt could be ankle length.

3. Alina July 2, 2014 at 10:26 #

I think this is one of her best looks in a while.

The model reminds me of Jessica Paré.

• gabis July 2, 2014 at 13:26 #

I agree. I don’t like the dress but she wears it well mainly due to her simple yet flawless styling.

4. Iva July 2, 2014 at 10:28 #

Love love love!

5. Christine July 2, 2014 at 10:53 #

Not liking the added skirt

6. Noemi July 2, 2014 at 10:56 #

I probably would have liked it without the tulle layer, which makes it look cheap.
    So, no, I don’t like it, while I like the loose hair.

7. Joy July 2, 2014 at 11:39 #

Love! I’m amazed how she can wear such a difficult dress to pull off, while keeping everything so minimalist/natural & look completely stunning! Perfection!

• Serena July 2, 2014 at 13:22 #

8. marie July 2, 2014 at 11:50 #

I really don’t like the added tulle-skirt. It makes the whole thing look overloaded and heavy and it kinda makes her legs look weird.
    A pity because without that tulle-thing I’m sure this would’ve been a joyus, summery look.

• Camille July 2, 2014 at 22:37 #

a tulle underlayer, like a slip, perhaps, but tulle palazzo pants? NO

The whole thing looks weird and overworked. Not a fan.

9. Anne July 2, 2014 at 13:35 #

I think this is quite lovely. A perfect garden party look. And, a perfectly Keira aesthetic

10. bisbee July 2, 2014 at 14:11 #

Love the dress EXCEPT for the tulle skirt. It looks like her slip fell down and is hanging around her knees!

• CreoleLady July 2, 2014 at 14:46 #

Lol! ITA. I was quite liking this until I got to that tulle skirt.

• Mayra July 2, 2014 at 19:31 #

Me too! I opened the post and started to sigh and think “oh god this is so gorgeous, I can’t believe it’s Chanel”, then I scrolled down and found the pants/skirt/whatever… what a disappointment.
        Could’ve been worse, though.

11. sophie July 2, 2014 at 16:48 #

Queen Keira can do better, especially in Chanel.

You know I love Keira, but I can’t believe her stylist picked THIS look out of the whole collection. I’d like to think Keira didn’t pluck it from the runway herself, that’s how much I love her. I’m going to blame this on her stylist. It’s not bad, I understand how she could like this, but she can do better.

12. Dhppy July 2, 2014 at 17:51 #

Though I would prefer the tulle to be greatly reduced or removed, FC, I think you made a great point about how the tulle is best left on because it suits Knightley’s taste. She does have what I call, the “Drowsy Duchess” style where she looks like an Elizabethan noblewoman awakened from her bedchamber to attend an event. It’s her thing.

• Gemma Rockets July 3, 2014 at 00:30 #

Lol I love your description!

I wish the pants were a petticoat instead and just a few inches longer than the dress. I could even live with the pants if they didn’t have the seam and gathering just below the dress hem. But the dress itself is one of the nicest Chanel I’ve seen in a long time. See Uncle Karl, when you don’t try so hard, you CAN make nice dresses.

13. Glenda July 2, 2014 at 18:38 #

Like many Chanel looks, this didn’t blow me away on the runway, but on Keira I absolutely love it. I’m glad she didn’t modify the look – maybe with a more extravagant styling that would have been preferable, but as it stands everything feels just right. Delightful!

14. Yeliz July 2, 2014 at 21:00 #

Would’ve loved this had it not been for the white trousers. They look awful.

15. Phoenix July 2, 2014 at 21:48 #

This dress thing is just so odd. It looks like a kid went art-crazy on her dress, bejellewed it up. icky

16. Nicky July 2, 2014 at 23:05 #

I actually love the trousers, they take what would have been a simple dress into a whole new level of originality. And of course, loving the bright summery colors. This may not be so, but whenever i think of Keira I picture her in a nude valentino dress, so I’m glad to see this!