Toni Collette In Naeem Khan – ‘A Long Way Down’ New York Premiere

Toni Collette In Naeem Khan - 'A Long Way Down' New York Premiere

Toni Collette attended the ‘A Long Way Down’ New York Premiere held at the City Cinemas 123 on Monday (June 30) in New York City.

I almost didn’t recognise her since she wasn’t wearing Proenza Schouler for a rare change.

On this occasion she opted for something very feminine, donning a Naeem Khan Spring 2014 black and white peasant blouse with a white taffeta skirt.

As beautiful as the look is, The look feels really off for this occasion.

I see this on the red carpet for a Disney LA premiere on a midsummer’s afternoon, or a luncheon at the Chateau Marmont. It doesn’t work as a New York premiere look for me.

Also, the styling is a bit all over the place for me.

The shoes are too busy, considering the detail on the top, and the same applies to the Ranjana Khan cuffs, but it’s the metallic-gold clutch which is the real head scratcher for me here.

It’s a head-to-toe no from me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gwendoline Christie In Giles & Peter Pilotto -  Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Gwendoline Christie In Giles & Peter Pilotto – Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Maria Sharapova's Jay Ahr Two-Tone Dress

Maria Sharapova’s Jay Ahr Two-Tone Dress

15 Responses to Toni Collette In Naeem Khan – ‘A Long Way Down’ New York Premiere

1. Christine July 1, 2014 at 17:47 #

This is so ugly and unflattering. She needs a better stylist.

2. julyol1972 July 1, 2014 at 18:01 #

Not to be an ageists at all, but this dress is skewing too young for her. She looks beautiful from the neck up, but the outfit on her only works at maybe a picnic, or an informal affair with her family. Not a movie premiere. Nice shoes though!

3. Nat39 July 1, 2014 at 18:04 #

I don’t mind the sandals, I think they complement and balance the black detailing on the top, the bracelet is unnecessary, the clutch doesn’t go at all, and I also think that the look feels completely wrong – it’s too ‘peasanty’ for her and the occasion, esp. in combination with that skirt. I can see it on Elle Fanning (esp. in red, the braided ‘do icluded). The sleek black skirt on the runway tones down that peasanty feel and adds grownup elegance.

4. Jennifer July 1, 2014 at 18:32 #

I love it! So relaxed and pretty. Love the shape and pattern. So refreshing. I really think the style suits her. The length would be ageing on anyone younger.

5. Britta July 1, 2014 at 18:38 #

I love it head to toe. Gives a really summerly vibe! After being wearing too dark a style this is so much better for her! I love her!

6. shaphalf July 1, 2014 at 18:40 #

I think the dress is fine. It’s the accessorizing that failed her. It’s just all too much. The sandals are cute, but maybe without the platform would be better. And then get rid of all the jewelry and clutch. The hair is all so wrong for this, too. I mean why do this relaxed, kinda-bohemian vibe and then do a prom-y updo? Overall, what I’m trying to say is that she overcooked it.

7. kane July 1, 2014 at 18:54 #

I much prefer the longer, dark skirt, although I can’t say I like the top too much in the first place.

8. Marcel July 1, 2014 at 19:05 #

I only miss a head scarf and the costume for ” Madame Colette, Tarot Cards Reading ” would be perfect.

9. Yeliz July 1, 2014 at 20:44 #

Absolutely not right for a NYC premiere.

10. dee July 1, 2014 at 21:30 #

I think she was trying to dress up the look with her accessories. I like shoes with the top and skirt. Not crazy about the bracelet or clutch with it.

11. Celia July 1, 2014 at 21:41 #

Oh I don’t mind this at all! I think she looks summery and fresh! The only change I would make would be to lose the clutch but otherwise I’m loving this.

• Alina July 2, 2014 at 05:47 #

Agreed.

• steph July 2, 2014 at 18:55 #

ITA!

12. Peony July 2, 2014 at 02:09 #

Oh, I think she looks so pretty! Very fresh and relaxed, the boho vibe suits her. The accessories and shoes are a tad busy – and the ankle straps are not the most flattering. But overall I think she looks good.

13. Gemma Rockets July 2, 2014 at 04:58 #

Aside from the gold clutch I think this a great look. The shoes and earrings really work for me.