Li Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 'Transformers Age of Extinction' Berlin Premiere

Li Bingbing joined her costar Nicola Peltz on the red carpet of the Berlin premiere of ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ yesterday (June 29).

The star wore a stunning Elie Saab Couture creation from the Spring 2014 Couture collection.

The draping, fabrication and lines of this gown are all divine, and it’s no surprise that Li looks stunning in it.

Pearl drop earrings and a textured updo round out an absolutely perfect turn on the red carpet. I am choosing to ignore the nude stacked peep-toes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland - 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' LA Premiere

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland – ‘Sin City: A Dame To Kill For’ LA Premiere

Lucy Liu In Andrew Gn - 2014 Ignite Gala

Lucy Liu In Andrew Gn – 2014 Ignite Gala

35 Responses to Li Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ Berlin Premiere

1. Anne June 30, 2014 at 14:47 #

I’m suffering from a major case of the ennui with beaded ES gowns as of late. Of course they are all constructed with divine detail, but it’s all so… same. And this one on LBB? I think the look is aging. Those shoes are a travesty.

• Mick June 30, 2014 at 15:34 #

I agree completely re:Elie Saab’s gowns in general and on this look in particular.

I much preferred Nicola’s sleek minimal gown to this one

2. julyol1972 June 30, 2014 at 14:52 #

Triple-stacked, nude platforms shoes…ugh!!!!!!!!!

3. Nat39 June 30, 2014 at 14:57 #

Beautiful but not with those ugly shoes, they completely ruin the look.

• Sanya June 30, 2014 at 22:33 #

4. Christine June 30, 2014 at 15:11 #

Not liking the shoes with this

5. Carrie June 30, 2014 at 15:19 #

The shoes! Noooooooo.

6. Alina June 30, 2014 at 15:21 #

I prefer not to see the shoes, because she finally made a perfect gown choice!

7. Nicky June 30, 2014 at 15:31 #

She looks wonderful! And I’ve learned to ignore the shoes, I don’t think she’s ever going to change that habit.

8. Peony June 30, 2014 at 15:48 #

I never thought I’d have a meh moment with Elie Saab, but it’s gotten to that point. The embellishment is so bulky on her frame, and there’s something a bit off about the peplum. Hideous shoes too, they have no business being there. I would have gotten on board with this look if she’d opted for some delicate sandals.

9. Marcel June 30, 2014 at 15:57 #

I probably am in the minority but I don’t like anything about this look . Nothing. Everything ( including those horrendous hookies shoes ) had been seen and done before.

10. Eni June 30, 2014 at 16:31 #

Those shoes… Again… OMG!

11. sophie June 30, 2014 at 17:03 #

It’s nice to know most agree with me on my Elie Saab Fatigue and those awful hooves.

12. jenny June 30, 2014 at 17:10 #

Bing Bing does not have the presence to carry off major gowns.
    Ironically I found her looking frumpy in couture..

Is that couture? As long as it’s couture I’m wearing it…………

13. mg June 30, 2014 at 17:19 #

Doesn’s she only have one line in the movie? I’m slightly bothered that she wears these crazy coutures (most of which she could not pull off) to all these premiers

• Christine June 30, 2014 at 19:48 #

She’s not even a supporting character. 7 lines and that’s it lol. I don’t see the other girl on this promo tour. She had as many scenes and lines like Li lol. I guess her name attract Big time asian investors and bring in $$$. No clue

14. bisbee June 30, 2014 at 17:36 #

The shoes ruin everything.

15. sharizal_samah June 30, 2014 at 17:39 #

omg

what was she thinking pairing that dress with those shoes?

16. Yeliz June 30, 2014 at 18:33 #

For some reason, I’m not excited by this look and I don’t think that it’s only the awful shoe choice. The gown is beautiful but IMO the right side of it says winter and the left side says summer.

17. Inge June 30, 2014 at 19:38 #

I think she looks amazing :) Didn’t notice the shoes but at first but they are indeed ugly with this dress.

18. Nadine June 30, 2014 at 19:40 #

Now if we could just get rid of the shoes.

19. Rebecca Z June 30, 2014 at 20:15 #

Bad shoes. Been there done that dress. Doesn’t hold a candle to her companion.

20. dee June 30, 2014 at 21:02 #

Aside from the shoes, she looks nice but it’s nothing exciting.

21. PHONIX June 30, 2014 at 21:04 #

Hm. Saab gowns r really all looking the same to my eyes. I’m bored.

22. Alex V July 1, 2014 at 00:05 #

If she hadn’t worn those platform shoes then the dress wouldn’t look as amazing as it does, since it would have been cropped 2 inches. Long dresses go with platforms if you’re not tall enough

23. Prudence July 1, 2014 at 00:20 #

this is tooo similar to a couture gown that gorgeous indian actress whose name I am not even going to attempt to spell wore to Cannes a few years back.
    And I refuse to ignore those pumps.

24. Pedro July 1, 2014 at 01:34 #

Gorgeous dress, terrible shoes!

The dress is amazing but all the ES’s dresses are starting to look the same

25. cherrysoftness July 1, 2014 at 02:28 #

Well, it’s a stunning dress as it is, an the styling is great. But after seeing her in one outstanding dress (couture included) after the other I feel like, it did nothing but solidify how unremarkable she is. Realistically, all these gowns lined up like this could have made a jaw-dropping promo tour on someone else.

26. rrr July 1, 2014 at 05:28 #

I read from an interview with Bingbing’s stylist for this premier season that shoes are always their (Bingbing herself knows it oo) biggest worries for many Asian actors like both Fan Bingbing and Li Bingbing are not enough tall in order to wear those particular gowns so they have to compromise on shoes.

• KK July 8, 2014 at 15:04 #

Do you mind linking the website with the interview? I’d be curious to see what stylist worked with her!

27. Vikash July 1, 2014 at 07:45 #

Hideous shoes. The dress looks just like the one Aishwariya Rai wore at Cannes a few years ago and she looked far far better!

28. raj July 1, 2014 at 08:10 #

This dress is very similar to the one which aishwarya worn at Cannes 2011.Link -> http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/05/11/aishwarya-rai-in-elie-saab-couture-2011-cannes-film-festival-opening-ceremony/

29. Rashmi July 1, 2014 at 08:28 #

lol yeah, that’s exactly what I tweeted as soon as I saw this picture. The gown duplicates his Spring 2011 Couture worn by Aishwarya at Cannes.
    It’s time Elie Saab bring something new!!

30. d July 1, 2014 at 13:57 #

may i come from a different angel, i think the major players in the fashion industry design with western type of body in mind….asian bodies are very different…. hence the shoes and everything else….