Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto – Pre-BET Awards Dinner

Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto - Pre-BET Awards Dinner

Zendaya Coleman made a splash on the red carpet of the Pre-BET Awards Dinner on Saturday (June 28) at Milk Studios in Hollywood, California.

The young starlet continued to showcase her bold approach to dressing in a Peter Pilotto Spring 2014 asymmetrical frock rendered in a colourful, kaleidoscope-like engineered print.

The dress also featured the sculpted, full-skirt silhouette that was a hallmark of the label’s spring collection.

Not content to let the dress steal all the attention, Zendaya accessorized with stacks and stacks of golden double-wrist bangles, along with a rather gigantic pair of hoop earrings.

She carried it off, but I would likely have been just as content if she had left well enough alone with her matte red lip and matching pumps.

208409_01 (1)

You can buy Zendaya’s Peter Pilotto Silk Wrap Dress from Stylebop.com.
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jaime King's Edie Parker ‘Fiona’ Confetti Clutch

Jaime King’s Edie Parker ‘Fiona’ Confetti Clutch

Chloe Moretz In Dolce & Gabbana - 40th Annual Saturn Awards

Chloe Moretz In Dolce & Gabbana – 40th Annual Saturn Awards

31 Responses to Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto – Pre-BET Awards Dinner

1. Christine June 29, 2014 at 19:31 #

She looks amazing! Love this flawless look.

2. alvaro_spain June 29, 2014 at 19:37 #

Wow! I love it! I don’t care about the earrings and bracelets.

3. Nat39 June 29, 2014 at 19:38 #

Adore the dress – flirty, pretty and interesting, but the styling is a complete let down – the overload of bangles competing with the giant hoops, the strong makeup, the hair (more youthful makeup and a ponytail would’ve been much more refreshing). Too bad, because the dress looks good on her and the matching red pumps work nicely.

• Nat June 29, 2014 at 20:08 #

I agree with you. Her make up is too heavy and makes her look older and doesn’t goes with her dress. The big earrings and bangles were unnecessary

• Marybeth June 30, 2014 at 02:41 #

Agree 100%.

4. Nicky June 29, 2014 at 20:11 #

She definitely needs to take those bangles off, and reduce the size of her hoops. I like the interesting color combo of her styling. Red wouldn’t have been my first choice, but it works well.

5. jo June 29, 2014 at 20:33 #

Love it from head to toe! She pulls it off easily

6. Faye June 29, 2014 at 21:45 #

Finally an interesting look.

7. Phoenix June 29, 2014 at 23:01 #

Wow!! I so love this! Love love love! Something gorgeous and unique and interesting. I think the hoop and bangles just add a more youthful feel, fitting for her.
    I love this so much. Definately a BDOTW, and in my eyes, a contender for BDOTY, thats how much im in love with this dress

• sharizal_samah June 30, 2014 at 04:39 #

are u kidding me?

• Rye June 30, 2014 at 04:59 #

+1. Maybe he/she is a stan. Great dress that fitted her well but accessories and makeup have completely let it down.

8. sophie June 30, 2014 at 00:09 #

Her jewelry is obnoxious and tacky as fu-k.

9. sharizal_samah June 30, 2014 at 01:34 #

overcooked

10. Pedro June 30, 2014 at 02:50 #

She looks fantastic!

I love it! Flawless

11. Pedro June 30, 2014 at 02:50 #

She looks fantastic!

I love it! Flawless

12. Effy June 30, 2014 at 02:53 #

A really interesting dress and she wears it well, shame about the styling.

13. cherrysoftness June 30, 2014 at 03:28 #

She looks gorgeous, I love her happy, fashion-loving smile – I love the way she always looks like she loves what she’s wearing. I agree with everyone who thought the earrings and bangles were overkill (in fact I hate them) but she’s experimenting on what she loves, and I’m kind of enjoying seeing her outfits. She can seem a bit tryhard but I don’t think it’s, attention-seeking tryhard, just, trying hard to dress well, which isn’t a bad thing.

14. Yeliz June 30, 2014 at 04:52 #

Love the dress but the jewelry is way too much.

15. Peony June 30, 2014 at 05:14 #

The jewellery, especially those hideous hoops, are killing me. Really takes a lot away from this otherwise dynamo look.

16. Alina June 30, 2014 at 05:52 #

As always, her look is sooo overcooked. Ditch the earrings, the bracelets and replace the heavy makeup with a lighter one and the awful hairstyle with something like a ponytail or a modern updo.

17. Valissa June 30, 2014 at 07:03 #

It’s a great dress with the perfect shoes and she looks fantastic!
    Had she not worn the bangles, earrings and red lips this could have been BDOTW worthy.

18. amy June 30, 2014 at 07:52 #

great dress, ridiculous earrings. she needs to ditch the hoops, this isn’t 2000

19. marie June 30, 2014 at 11:50 #

Wow, now this look seems controversy
    That’s a suprise for me – I saw and assumed immediatly everyone would agree this is too much.
    The dress is a piece of art – but the dress is already an eyecatcher.
    Okay, maybe the lips and matching pumps are supposed to make it more interesting, I can go with that.
    But why all these bangles and those giant earrings? It’s just – too much!
    And I’m not fond of the hairstyle either, it looks kind of forced.
    This is the opposite of what I call appropriate styling.
    Suddenly Chloe Moretz in this D&G-dress seems perfectly styled.

20. AB June 30, 2014 at 13:15 #

Adorable girl in an adorable dress. I actually like the make up I think it suits her.The earrings and bangles look gaudy and were unesscessary.

21. dee June 30, 2014 at 13:44 #

Agree with others. More subtle makeup and jewelry and this would been better.

22. ayatlaw June 30, 2014 at 14:51 #

I like the look-I actually hadn’t noticed the bangles until they were mentioned. I am not bothered by them or the hoops (that are NOT over btw.) That is her youth-she is playing with fashion and she is doing a better job than most her age. She will learn with maturity to take a accessory or two off before leaving the house.

23. Carrie June 30, 2014 at 15:25 #

She looks fabulous! The accessories are a bit much for me, but she is having fun. Great for her.

24. Dhppy June 30, 2014 at 19:27 #

I’d normally find this dress hideous, but she is selling it. On her, it looks fun.

25. katie June 30, 2014 at 22:18 #

I adore this look wow she is rocking it from head to toe, jewellery even included!

26. kane July 4, 2014 at 17:12 #

How did I miss this?! On closer inspection (zoomed in from the BDOTW poll thumbnail) it seems a bit overdressed: huge earrings, hue of lips and shoes a tad too strong for my taste), but still a great look!