Eugenia Silva In Delpozo – Yo Dona Awards

Eugenia Silva In Delpozo - Yo Dona Awards

Eugenia Silva attended the ‘Yo Dona Awards’ held at Zarzuela Hippodrome on Tuesday (June 24) in Madrid, Spain.

Wearing a local brand, the model donned a Delpozo Spring 2014 dress featuring appliqué embellishments on the shoulders of the ruched tulle bodice, with a sheer waist giving the illusion of separates, and a multi-tiered full floral skirt.

The unique look was styled with the same gold open-toe Delpozo slingbacks with an exaggerated bow detail at the ankle which we saw on the runway, plus a pair of drop earrings.

Everything else, including her hairstyle, was kept simple.

On most this would’ve overwhelmed and become tent-like; however, I think Eugenia managed to pull off quite a complicated look.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli - The Glamour of Italian Fashion Exhibition Preview

Naomi Campbell In Roberto Cavalli – The Glamour of Italian Fashion Exhibition Preview

Nieves Alvarez In Elie Saab - Yo Dona Awards

Nieves Alvarez In Elie Saab – Yo Dona Awards

24 Responses to Eugenia Silva In Delpozo – Yo Dona Awards

1. Christine June 25, 2014 at 11:10 #

I didn’t like this on the runway and I don’t like it on the red carpet.

• Yeliz June 25, 2014 at 12:09 #

Ditto.

2. Sanya June 25, 2014 at 11:18 #

I just love it. Love everything about it: the colour, the drama, her attitude and especially the way she kept her hairstyle simple. For me BDOTW contender.

• dee June 25, 2014 at 12:44 #

I’m with you. I love everything about this look. This is a BDOTW contender for me.

• Nicky June 25, 2014 at 15:49 #

ITA, it’s a nice departure from all the predictable elie saab dresses on the RC. It’s summery, unique, and styled wonderfully. BDOTW

3. Alina June 25, 2014 at 11:37 #

Suprisingly, I don’t hate it. Actually, the whole thing kinda works.

4. Valissa June 25, 2014 at 13:04 #

Complicated indeed! And while I admire her confidence to wear this, I don’t think it’s particularly attractive. Although she definitely pulls it off better than most women would…

5. CreoleLady June 25, 2014 at 13:53 #

Wow. I feel transported. Lush island breezes, white sands, azure skies and deep blue seas. I love it.

• julyol1972 June 25, 2014 at 20:48 #

Lord! You just totally made me homesick – can’t wait till Christmas vacation.

Love the confidence she exudes in this dress which elevates the dress from merely complicated to actual really good. She looks great in it, and the color is beautiful with her complexion.

6. kane June 25, 2014 at 14:45 #

I am very happy to call this a tent. No for me.

7. fatima June 25, 2014 at 16:30 #

She is an exquisitely stunning woman. He face is timelessly beautiful. But that dress is a monstrosity.

8. Peony June 25, 2014 at 16:57 #

This has all the makings of a worst-dressed look, but somehow I love it. It’s quite costume-like and there’s a lot going on but she manages to make it work. Beautiful colour, the whole look is so cheerful and celebratory, and she nailed it on the styling.

9. sophie June 25, 2014 at 18:03 #

I LOVE this. It’s girly, it’s unique, it’s interesting. BDOTW.

10. Marcel June 25, 2014 at 18:06 #

I love it. Absolutely everything about it.
    BDOTW contender.

11. Carrie June 25, 2014 at 19:12 #

I absolutely love it! So thrilled to see this Delpozo in action.

12. Nat39 June 25, 2014 at 19:32 #

The dress is horrible, amateurish. Eugenia is lucky she is so beautiful and knows how to pose.

• Nat39 June 26, 2014 at 01:20 #

Took a second look…Nope. I don’t find the dress unique in a chic, artistic or cool fashion-forward way, more like cheesy and garish. It’s carried purely on her beauty and poise.

13. Rebecca Z June 25, 2014 at 21:36 #

She is beautiful, but the outfit is just ridiculous. Overwhelmingly flouncy and just SO pink. Ugh.

• Nat39 June 26, 2014 at 01:53 #

Ditto. All that pink and florals and tiers – totally cheesy and cheap-looking in my eyes.

14. sanette June 25, 2014 at 23:52 #

I love it. Definitely fresh and unique.

15. Phoenix June 26, 2014 at 04:27 #

She makes i work. Guess not too hard with such beauty. But this could of been a disaster on alot of other bodies. This is sexy and classy feeling. tropic and pretty.
    I would have totally worked it back in my tropic travelling days.

16. Jeremy June 26, 2014 at 20:45 #

I’m gonna echo what many others here are saying, which is that this dress only really works because she has the poise and confidence to carry it. It pretty much is a “model-only’ dress, or perhaps for those few celebs with a modelesque carriage. and there are plenty of models on whom this could look ridiculous, too.

Eugenia elevates the dress beyond “costumey” because of her elegance. if it were on someone like Alessandra Ambrosio, the dress would look very casual and hippie-ish and would have a totally different energy. and if it were on a regular celeb, i think it could be a disaster.

as it stands, for the total look and for the exuberance of it all, I am loving this! and i voted it as my BDOTW.

17. Zoeh June 27, 2014 at 16:15 #

Love it

18. TeaAtTwo June 27, 2014 at 16:58 #

I give her props she made the outfit which looks awful on the runway look interesting and chic in different way. It’s mostly her posie that selling it but the pink shade is lovely.