Elle Fanning In Lanvin & Angelina Jolie – ‘Maleficent’ Tokyo Photocall

Elle Fanning In Lanvin Resort 2015  & Angelina Jolie - 'Maleficent' Tokyo Photocall

Elle Fanning and Angelina Jolie attended the ‘Maleficent’ photocall held at Grand Hyatt Tokyo today (June 24) in Tokyo, Japan.

Elle Fanning: The actress wore a blush-pink Lanvin Resort 2015 sleeveless V-neck dress with a floral appliqué belt accented with a black ribbon. The look is cute and youthful, but I am not a fan of the black open-toe mules.

Angelina Jolie: Having given her a few passes on account of her stunning array of LBDs, this one falls way short. Yes, it is for a photocall so I am not expecting Atelier Versace, but this black off-the-shoulder long-sleeved number could’ve been made more interesting with some jewelry or a pair of shoes other than the Saint Laurent pumps she’s recently grown attached to.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gisele Bundchen's Elizabeth and James 'Carrine' Shirt

Gisele Bundchen’s Elizabeth and James ‘Carrine’ Shirt

Cheryl Cole In Jil Sander &  Temperley London - X Factor London Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Jil Sander & Temperley London – X Factor London Auditions

20 Responses to Elle Fanning In Lanvin & Angelina Jolie – ‘Maleficent’ Tokyo Photocall

1. sophie June 24, 2014 at 17:11 #

Both look awful. Those shoes with that dress Elle? Really?

2. Joana June 24, 2014 at 17:34 #

Both look perfect.

3. Christine June 24, 2014 at 18:15 #

Not liking either looks

• dee June 24, 2014 at 18:37 #

• SilentVisitor June 24, 2014 at 18:39 #

• Alina June 26, 2014 at 06:53 #

4. Noemi June 24, 2014 at 18:27 #

Angelina looks stunning, I don’t particularly like that tone of pink for Elle and those shoes… no.

• lola June 25, 2014 at 07:51 #

+1…cannot for the life of me unerstand why se wears those bland colors…

5. Charlotte June 24, 2014 at 18:31 #

I love Angelina’s dress and I hate Elle’s dress !
    But I agree, the styling on Angelina could have been way better !

6. Prudence June 24, 2014 at 18:35 #

I need Elle Fanning to stop wearing her hair down. Has she heard of an updo? It ruins most if her looks IMO. Now those disastrous pumps are equally offensive, what was she thinking? I actually love Angie’s dress, it’s very flattering for her thin figure.

7. Nat39 June 24, 2014 at 19:34 #

I said I was bored with Angelina’s previous black Versace, I take that back. It was sexy and fab. This one, however, is just drab, old and uninspired. Elle is better in her cute girly dress minus the odd shoe choice.

8. Larissa June 24, 2014 at 20:28 #

Angelina is a stunning woman but she’s been boring me to death lately. If she really needs to wear black even on a promotional tour during the summer then she could at least add some jewels sometimes or exchange those heavy pumps for a pair of sandals.

• sarzy June 25, 2014 at 00:24 #

She used to be stunning. If she only could find a decent stylist…

9. Yeliz June 24, 2014 at 20:41 #

Elle’s look is just bad and Angelina’s is dull.

10. cherrysoftness June 25, 2014 at 03:17 #

I love these two, I mean, I adore them, I love seeing Elle looking like a fairy and Angelina being her gorgeous self, but these two outfits are awfully… amateurish. It’s like they forgot to bring clothes for the photocall and had to buy something in the mall next to their hotel, by themselves. The shoes are the worst offenders, these are really ugly shoes.

11. Phoenix June 25, 2014 at 06:08 #

I love them both…I/m obsessed with Jolie. but this is a serious yawn look from both. omg. how disappointing.

12. Peony June 25, 2014 at 06:58 #

Effortless-slash-lazy look from Angelina, she still looks chic and beautiful though.

But Elle…she needs to go back to her natural hair colour (she’s not naturally that flaxen right? Her roots would suggest light brown is her natural shade) because the yellowish-blonde is washing her out badly. She also needs to avoid wearing pale pink hues, because they just accentuate the pink in her complexion. AND she could do with some romantic up ‘dos or at least some loose curls, the curtain of poker-straight blonde is not working.

All of that aside, the dress itself is so twee I can’t believe it’s a Lanvin design.

• Kathy June 25, 2014 at 08:00 #

I’m fairly certain that’s Elle’s natural hair color. Some people just have dark roots without ever having dyed their hair. If you look at Dakota’s hair it’s the same way.

13. bisbee June 25, 2014 at 13:26 #

The worst thing about both looks is the choice of shoes for Elle – really? Awful, awful shoes.

14. Nicky June 25, 2014 at 15:54 #

Both are putting me to sleep, but Angelina looks especially bad. The too-long sleeves, the baggy draping, and those shoes are doing nothing for her.