23.06.14 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere

Angelina Jolie  In Atelier Versace - 'Maleficent' Japan Premiere

Angelina Jolie attended the ‘Maleficent’ Japan premiere held at Ebisu Garden Place today (June 23) in Tokyo, Japan with co-star Elle Fanning.

The actress wore black, unsurprisingly, donning a strapless velvet curve-enhancing Atelier Versace LBD with a structured neckline ascending to a slight peak at the front.

Up until now Angelina has worn custom-made Christian Louboutin ‘Maleficent’-inspired heels; however, she broke that run with a pair of patent-leather Saint Laurent pumps on this occasion.

Yes, it is black again, but that didn’t stop me swooning over this look.

Credit: Getty

Elle Fanning In Alexander McQueen - 'Maleficent' Japan Premiere

Elle Fanning In Alexander McQueen – ‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere

Lupita Nyong’o's Alexander McQueen Bi-Colour Pleat Dress

Lupita Nyong’o’s Alexander McQueen Bi-Colour Pleat Dress

52 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere

1. Fiona-Brasil June 23, 2014 at 15:09 #

Perfection!

2. Alex V June 23, 2014 at 15:12 #

Sexy! This look is perfection

3. fatima June 23, 2014 at 15:13 #

I loathe those ugly pumps. Otherwise, she looks lovely.

• Iva June 23, 2014 at 15:18 #

• Christine June 23, 2014 at 17:40 #

Me too! She looks nice.

• ozales June 23, 2014 at 22:04 #

Me 3! Those pumps and velvet black in the summer?! Ugh!

4. Alina June 23, 2014 at 15:15 #

The fit is perfect, but I don’t understand why she doesn’t ‘play’ with red during this promo tour.
    This dress in red and a nice pair of shoes would have had me at hello.

• sharizal_samah June 24, 2014 at 03:47 #

of course she will wear black

she’s maleficent

duh!

• Alina June 24, 2014 at 04:51 #

What I was saying is that she could also wear red and still be in character as Maleficent has those bloody red lips.

DUH! :)

5. Clara June 23, 2014 at 15:17 #

She wears black like no other, I don’t care if she doesn’t chance color.

6. bisbee June 23, 2014 at 15:18 #

She looks lovely, but it’s quite obvious that she had the doctors use implants that are way too big for her frame. I also suspect that those hips are padded – no way does she have such an hourglass figure – she’s got no meat on her bones!

• Lara June 23, 2014 at 15:46 #

Wow! Finally! I was just coming on her to say that I know my comment may offend some, but it is simply an observation of mine that since her surgery, perhaps things have not “settled” as yet. I went back to look at old pictures of Angelina, and I can see why I always find now that things just don’t look quite right around her chest. With some clothing, it isn’t noticeable, but strapless and tight items emphasise that she’s differently shaped in that area now, and I don’t always find the pieces she wears flatter that well. All in all, she looks lovely, but I could do with far less black from Angelina.

• Maria June 23, 2014 at 16:26 #

They either haven’t settled or it’s just a terrible boob job. They’re completely wrong for her body and she has not looked right in clothes since.

• meme June 23, 2014 at 17:04 #

enough with the ‘settling’ nonsense. her implants are way too big and look ridiculous on her scrawny frame. you tell they pad her hips and butt for the red carpet because she has no shape. she’s a toothpick.

• meme June 23, 2014 at 17:53 #

Her boobs are too big. And she’s padded in the hip and butt area. She does NOT have a body like that.

• lola June 23, 2014 at 16:01 #

I agree. It was the first thing I noticed and now I just can’t stop noticing it

• Iva June 23, 2014 at 18:04 #

I didn’t want to be the first one to point the obvious. :)

• CTgirl June 24, 2014 at 04:27 #

The shelf of boob is terribly distracting. I have to agree that there’s also a lot of padding going on for this Jessica Rabbit shape on Ms. Jolie. The implants really need to be taken down a notch.

• Prudence June 24, 2014 at 18:49 #

Y’all are tripping! She has always has big boobs,please head on over to google if you have lost your memory. It’s normal she would get implants similar to the type of breast she has before. Some of you can be so foul, commenting on her breast like that after what she went through. Do you have any feelings at all? And what is this nonsense about hip pads? She has always had hips. SMDH

• Terri June 24, 2014 at 21:03 #

What did she got through?its not like she had cancer and went through chemotherapy- give me a break!She bascially had a breast lift and implants- which are way too big for her emaciated frame!If that makes her hero then so are the real housewives,etc.

• Andy June 24, 2014 at 22:33 #

Is this a joke? Because you cannot actually be this ignorant nor this insensitive, and if you are, then just wow. She had a double mastectomy because she had an 85% chance of getting breast cancer. She had to get implants because they took out ALL of her breast tissue.

• Carmen June 25, 2014 at 17:21 #

I dont find it insensitive at all. She did have a double mastectomy to not get cancer, so she actually escaped from one of the biggest suffering there is! She had an option, most of women dont have the chance to do so. Anyway, I do think the breasts are way too big, however, I think she allways had it. But for the hips, someone said she allways had hips…No she didn’t. She is really skinny all over her body and I think that’s okay, she has been like this forever, it’s not like she is sick or something, it’s just her body.

Sorry about my english

7. Marcel June 23, 2014 at 15:21 #

Whooza!! Curve enhancing indeed! She looks spectacular.

8. Peony June 23, 2014 at 15:21 #

Stunning, she looks flawless and it’s nice to see her smiling. I do find the fit of the bust a little strange though, must be the boning.

• Lara June 23, 2014 at 15:47 #

Her chest always looks “high” now.

9. Nicky June 23, 2014 at 15:49 #

I always thought she was a tad overrated, but this is definitely worthy of 5 stars!

10. dee June 23, 2014 at 16:11 #

I think this is kinda forgettable. Nothing we haven’t seen from her before.

11. Nat39 June 23, 2014 at 16:15 #

I don’t understand the neckline, it’s neither plain nor special – that peak at the front is completely insignificant. I’m bored anyway, the shoes could’ve been more inspired.

12. SilentVisitor June 23, 2014 at 16:37 #

She looks ok, nothing wow or new here. There is something weird going on around the chest……

13. Rebecca Z June 23, 2014 at 17:13 #

Other than the fact that she would look beautiful in a potato sack, I can’t say that I love this. She is a gorgeous woman. I have had some misgivings about her look since her surgery as well, but if she’s happy who am I to say.

14. Vicky June 23, 2014 at 17:31 #

I’m sorry for this and I’m probably in the minority here, but first thing that comes to mind is: Lollipop-lady.
    This dress and her recent operation does nothing for her except enhancing the fact that she’s just skin and bones. The proportions are just not right.

Second thought is: black again, seriously?! And this comment goes for Elle as well. Are they going to keep up this theme throughout the entire PR tour (Elle in light, ethereal gowns and Angelina in anything black)? I’m already tired of it….

15. Pedro June 23, 2014 at 18:00 #

Only Angeline can look so fantastic with a “simple” black dress!

16. Yeliz June 23, 2014 at 18:11 #

She does make me love this look, but only from the ankles up.

17. sophie June 23, 2014 at 18:18 #

She looks great, but the shoes are boring as always. I think this would be amazing in purple. Just sayin.

18. amy June 23, 2014 at 18:23 #

She looks great but there’s something weird going on in the bust area, it looks almost pointy. the shoes are dull but it doesn’t ruin the look

19. Stel June 23, 2014 at 18:29 #

Gorgeous! Beautiful!! But the shoes are wrong and she’s too skinny!!

20. Marybeth June 23, 2014 at 18:49 #

I suspect that Angelina and Elle are having a lot of fun on this tour. Elle gets to dress up in princess costumes and Angie gets to wear black-black-and-more-black!

I’m not crazy about the exaggerated bust of this dress. (No, that can’t all be attributed to her surgery. There’s a lot of padding and shaping in the garment.) I think it cuts down on the elegance of the look.

21. mari June 23, 2014 at 20:53 #

She looks great and happy!
    I think these are the last stages of her Maleficent tour, so they are not going you hurt your eyes anymore with the light and dark theme anymore…
    Versace usually creates/ chooses this silhouette for her. It is not a new thing. They probably are not going to constrict her implants anymore. and this is not just a boob job, it was a mastectomy, they will not look so natural anymore, and if she went for a bigger size, then this is her shape now. She has to dress herself it as she is now.

22. Phoenix June 24, 2014 at 02:21 #

I think she looks fabulous! I love her cinched-in waist. And I have never had any issues over the new bustline. I think she looks hot :)

23. Prudence June 24, 2014 at 03:36 #

She has AMAZING presence/posture……that literally makes up 60% of her looks. No one wears black like she does.

24. sharizal_samah June 24, 2014 at 03:46 #

of course she will wear black

she’s Maleficent

duh!

25. Rose June 24, 2014 at 11:39 #

Haters gonna hate. I doubt she’s wearing hip pads; she’s always had hips, and hip size is due to bone structure, not weight. If anything, she’s probably wearing some kind of bustier or corset that cinches her waist, which btw, is usually how one achieves the hour glass look and not exactly a new thing, nor controversial. If this really bothers you, then you might as well have a go at the 16th and 17th century.

Whatever the case, she looks stunning, like the bombshell she is when she’s not juggling her kids, her career, and her extensive humanitarian work. I can’t believe some of the comments about her implants considering the context. She had to get them to replace her real breasts, which was most likely devastating. Maybe we should comment on how happy or confident she looks with these new breasts and not what they look like, especially considering that they’re new implants. Also, she had huge breasts for her frame before, C cups, so these are basically the same size so I don’t get the “too big” comments.

• Megha June 24, 2014 at 14:40 #

a big +1 here!

I’m so glad for this comment because I was beginning to think I was crazy for thinking comments about her impants are crazy and inappropriate

crikey!

• Sophy June 24, 2014 at 17:45 #

They were big before because those were also implants- nobody is saying she shouldn’t have had reconstructive surgery but we cannot help noticing that her new breasts make her look like Dolly Parton- if that was the look she was going for – good for her….its just not very compatible with high fashion!
      Also saying haters will hate makes you look like you are still in the mean girl stage of high school!

• Rose June 24, 2014 at 19:57 #

1) Her breasts were real before.

2) You do realize how ridiculous, ironic, and unaware you sound accusing someone else of being a “mean girl” after you’ve insulted not Angelina Jolie, but Dolly Parton as well.

• Sophy June 24, 2014 at 20:59 #

I don’t believe I insulted Dolly Parton- I said Angelina looks like her- did I call Dolly any names????And her breasts were not real before.
          And “haters gonna hate” will always sound rude, childish and make the speaker seem illiterate too!

• Rose June 24, 2014 at 22:20 #

If I were you, I would not call others illiterate, especially considering that you can’t seem to understand the implications made here. I’m not going to sit here and flesh things out so that you get it; this includes how to recognize real vs. fake breasts. You seem to really take issue with the phrase “haters gonna hate”, but it’s just an expression. Get over it.

• Sophy June 24, 2014 at 23:13 #

Yes its an expression just not one anyone with any class or aspiration for it would use!

• Rose June 25, 2014 at 19:17 #

No, just no.

I hate to break it to you, but class is about much more than “high fashion” or the use of a colloquial expression in one instance. Also, your use of non sequiturs are quite amusing. If I were you, I would not accuse others of their so-called deficiencies, and I would look within. You seem to think that your “understanding” of others is somehow truth, when, in reality, your perception is no more than a misrecogntion of your own reflection and your deficiencies.

Clearly, you seem to be reaching for much more than what you have and what you are, which is admirable, although your approach is misguided at best. Here’s a hint: focus more on Angelina’s actions, her intelligence and independence, and all the good that she does for humanity and less on how big her breasts seem to be in this one moment, in this one dress. Angelina has more class in her toe than most women will ever accumulate in their entire lifetime. She will be remembered as a woman who, though rebellious in her youth and made a mistake here and there, turned away from the celebrity lifestyle and devoted herself to helping humanity. History will remember her as the wild Audrey Hepburn while you and a few others sit here and nit-pick at her breast size as if that actually matters.

26. Ahot June 24, 2014 at 13:17 #

“Maybe we should comment on how happy or confident she looks with these new breasts and not what they look like, especially considering that they’re new implants.”
    THIS^^! People can be really insensitive sometimes, smh
    She looks really really great!

27. sarzy June 24, 2014 at 21:37 #

Jolie’s ‘style’ bores me to death and yes, her new boobs looks ridiculous on her frame.

28. Phoenix June 25, 2014 at 06:54 #

Strange to me that so many people are mentioning her breasts on this site. I really dont even notice. And ive asked other friends (not on this site or familair with Jolie) about her size. Nobody thinks its out of proportion.
    Since this site is just about fashion, clothes and styling,….. and not about peoples skinniness or fatness, AA-size versus DD-size. Why are there even mention of boobs?????