Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere

Angelina Jolie  In Atelier Versace - 'Maleficent' Japan Premiere

Angelina Jolie attended the ‘Maleficent’ Japan premiere held at Ebisu Garden Place today (June 23) in Tokyo, Japan with co-star Elle Fanning.

The actress wore black, unsurprisingly, donning a strapless velvet curve-enhancing Atelier Versace LBD with a structured neckline ascending to a slight peak at the front.

Up until now Angelina has worn custom-made Christian Louboutin ‘Maleficent’-inspired heels; however, she broke that run with a pair of patent-leather Saint Laurent pumps on this occasion.

Yes, it is black again, but that didn’t stop me swooning over this look.

Credit: Getty

52 thoughts on “Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Maleficent’ Japan Premiere

1. Alina

The fit is perfect, but I don’t understand why she doesn’t ‘play’ with red during this promo tour.
    This dress in red and a nice pair of shoes would have had me at hello.

1. Alina

What I was saying is that she could also wear red and still be in character as Maleficent has those bloody red lips.

DUH! :)

2. bisbee

She looks lovely, but it’s quite obvious that she had the doctors use implants that are way too big for her frame. I also suspect that those hips are padded – no way does she have such an hourglass figure – she’s got no meat on her bones!

1. Lara

Wow! Finally! I was just coming on her to say that I know my comment may offend some, but it is simply an observation of mine that since her surgery, perhaps things have not “settled” as yet. I went back to look at old pictures of Angelina, and I can see why I always find now that things just don’t look quite right around her chest. With some clothing, it isn’t noticeable, but strapless and tight items emphasise that she’s differently shaped in that area now, and I don’t always find the pieces she wears flatter that well. All in all, she looks lovely, but I could do with far less black from Angelina.

1. Maria

They either haven’t settled or it’s just a terrible boob job. They’re completely wrong for her body and she has not looked right in clothes since.

1. meme

enough with the ‘settling’ nonsense. her implants are way too big and look ridiculous on her scrawny frame. you tell they pad her hips and butt for the red carpet because she has no shape. she’s a toothpick.

2. meme

Her boobs are too big. And she’s padded in the hip and butt area. She does NOT have a body like that.

2. CTgirl

The shelf of boob is terribly distracting. I have to agree that there’s also a lot of padding going on for this Jessica Rabbit shape on Ms. Jolie. The implants really need to be taken down a notch.

3. Prudence

Y’all are tripping! She has always has big boobs,please head on over to google if you have lost your memory. It’s normal she would get implants similar to the type of breast she has before. Some of you can be so foul, commenting on her breast like that after what she went through. Do you have any feelings at all? And what is this nonsense about hip pads? She has always had hips. SMDH

1. Terri

What did she got through?its not like she had cancer and went through chemotherapy- give me a break!She bascially had a breast lift and implants- which are way too big for her emaciated frame!If that makes her hero then so are the real housewives,etc.

1. Andy

Is this a joke? Because you cannot actually be this ignorant nor this insensitive, and if you are, then just wow. She had a double mastectomy because she had an 85% chance of getting breast cancer. She had to get implants because they took out ALL of her breast tissue.

1. Carmen

I dont find it insensitive at all. She did have a double mastectomy to not get cancer, so she actually escaped from one of the biggest suffering there is! She had an option, most of women dont have the chance to do so. Anyway, I do think the breasts are way too big, however, I think she allways had it. But for the hips, someone said she allways had hips…No she didn’t. She is really skinny all over her body and I think that’s okay, she has been like this forever, it’s not like she is sick or something, it’s just her body.

Sorry about my english

3. Peony

Stunning, she looks flawless and it’s nice to see her smiling. I do find the fit of the bust a little strange though, must be the boning.

4. Nat39

I don’t understand the neckline, it’s neither plain nor special – that peak at the front is completely insignificant. I’m bored anyway, the shoes could’ve been more inspired.

5. SilentVisitor

She looks ok, nothing wow or new here. There is something weird going on around the chest……

6. Rebecca Z

Other than the fact that she would look beautiful in a potato sack, I can’t say that I love this. She is a gorgeous woman. I have had some misgivings about her look since her surgery as well, but if she’s happy who am I to say.

7. Vicky

I’m sorry for this and I’m probably in the minority here, but first thing that comes to mind is: Lollipop-lady.
    This dress and her recent operation does nothing for her except enhancing the fact that she’s just skin and bones. The proportions are just not right.

Second thought is: black again, seriously?! And this comment goes for Elle as well. Are they going to keep up this theme throughout the entire PR tour (Elle in light, ethereal gowns and Angelina in anything black)? I’m already tired of it….

8. sophie

She looks great, but the shoes are boring as always. I think this would be amazing in purple. Just sayin.

9. amy

She looks great but there’s something weird going on in the bust area, it looks almost pointy. the shoes are dull but it doesn’t ruin the look

10. Marybeth

I suspect that Angelina and Elle are having a lot of fun on this tour. Elle gets to dress up in princess costumes and Angie gets to wear black-black-and-more-black!

I’m not crazy about the exaggerated bust of this dress. (No, that can’t all be attributed to her surgery. There’s a lot of padding and shaping in the garment.) I think it cuts down on the elegance of the look.

11. mari

She looks great and happy!
    I think these are the last stages of her Maleficent tour, so they are not going you hurt your eyes anymore with the light and dark theme anymore…
    Versace usually creates/ chooses this silhouette for her. It is not a new thing. They probably are not going to constrict her implants anymore. and this is not just a boob job, it was a mastectomy, they will not look so natural anymore, and if she went for a bigger size, then this is her shape now. She has to dress herself it as she is now.

12. Phoenix

I think she looks fabulous! I love her cinched-in waist. And I have never had any issues over the new bustline. I think she looks hot :)

13. Prudence

She has AMAZING presence/posture……that literally makes up 60% of her looks. No one wears black like she does.

14. Rose

Haters gonna hate. I doubt she’s wearing hip pads; she’s always had hips, and hip size is due to bone structure, not weight. If anything, she’s probably wearing some kind of bustier or corset that cinches her waist, which btw, is usually how one achieves the hour glass look and not exactly a new thing, nor controversial. If this really bothers you, then you might as well have a go at the 16th and 17th century.

Whatever the case, she looks stunning, like the bombshell she is when she’s not juggling her kids, her career, and her extensive humanitarian work. I can’t believe some of the comments about her implants considering the context. She had to get them to replace her real breasts, which was most likely devastating. Maybe we should comment on how happy or confident she looks with these new breasts and not what they look like, especially considering that they’re new implants. Also, she had huge breasts for her frame before, C cups, so these are basically the same size so I don’t get the “too big” comments.

1. Megha

a big +1 here!

I’m so glad for this comment because I was beginning to think I was crazy for thinking comments about her impants are crazy and inappropriate

crikey!

2. Sophy

They were big before because those were also implants- nobody is saying she shouldn’t have had reconstructive surgery but we cannot help noticing that her new breasts make her look like Dolly Parton- if that was the look she was going for – good for her….its just not very compatible with high fashion!
      Also saying haters will hate makes you look like you are still in the mean girl stage of high school!

1. Rose

1) Her breasts were real before.

2) You do realize how ridiculous, ironic, and unaware you sound accusing someone else of being a “mean girl” after you’ve insulted not Angelina Jolie, but Dolly Parton as well.

1. Sophy

I don’t believe I insulted Dolly Parton- I said Angelina looks like her- did I call Dolly any names????And her breasts were not real before.
          And “haters gonna hate” will always sound rude, childish and make the speaker seem illiterate too!

1. Rose

If I were you, I would not call others illiterate, especially considering that you can’t seem to understand the implications made here. I’m not going to sit here and flesh things out so that you get it; this includes how to recognize real vs. fake breasts. You seem to really take issue with the phrase “haters gonna hate”, but it’s just an expression. Get over it.

1. Rose

No, just no.

I hate to break it to you, but class is about much more than “high fashion” or the use of a colloquial expression in one instance. Also, your use of non sequiturs are quite amusing. If I were you, I would not accuse others of their so-called deficiencies, and I would look within. You seem to think that your “understanding” of others is somehow truth, when, in reality, your perception is no more than a misrecogntion of your own reflection and your deficiencies.

Clearly, you seem to be reaching for much more than what you have and what you are, which is admirable, although your approach is misguided at best. Here’s a hint: focus more on Angelina’s actions, her intelligence and independence, and all the good that she does for humanity and less on how big her breasts seem to be in this one moment, in this one dress. Angelina has more class in her toe than most women will ever accumulate in their entire lifetime. She will be remembered as a woman who, though rebellious in her youth and made a mistake here and there, turned away from the celebrity lifestyle and devoted herself to helping humanity. History will remember her as the wild Audrey Hepburn while you and a few others sit here and nit-pick at her breast size as if that actually matters.

15. Ahot

“Maybe we should comment on how happy or confident she looks with these new breasts and not what they look like, especially considering that they’re new implants.”
    THIS^^! People can be really insensitive sometimes, smh
    She looks really really great!

16. Phoenix

Strange to me that so many people are mentioning her breasts on this site. I really dont even notice. And ive asked other friends (not on this site or familair with Jolie) about her size. Nobody thinks its out of proportion.
    Since this site is just about fashion, clothes and styling,….. and not about peoples skinniness or fatness, AA-size versus DD-size. Why are there even mention of boobs?????