Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture - 2014 Critics' Choice Television Awards

Diane Kruger attended the 4th Annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Thursday (June 19) in Beverly Hills, California.

Wearing one of the beautiful multicoloured floral pieces from Elie Saab’s Spring 2014 Couture collection, Diane was a vision in this strapless pleated skirt design, which was accented with a black belt.

The German actress styled the look with a Lee Savage clutch, glossy pink lip, slick black ponytail and spiked earrings.

Do you like that the hips have been slightly exaggerated on Diane’s version of this Couture gown?

You can buy Diane’s Lee Savage Mirrored Clutch from Barneys.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Monaghan In Antonio Berardi - 2014 Critics' Choice Television Awards

Michelle Monaghan In Antonio Berardi – 2014 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

Emmy Rossum In  Monique Lhuillier - 2014 Critics' Choice Television Awards

Emmy Rossum In Monique Lhuillier – 2014 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

29 Responses to Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

1. Bec June 20, 2014 at 12:09 #

I can’t believe I’m saying this (as I adored this dress on the runway) but I’m not loving it on Diane!

The hips don’t look exaggerated as much as it just looks like the waist is too tight on her, which is ridiculous because I know she is tiny! But it just looks….uncomfortable?

It’s a shame because hair and make up looks divine.

• Jinny June 20, 2014 at 13:50 #

They would have had to have been exaggerated to get that shape. That is not natural or the work of a tighten waist.

This is all about ensuring this gown stood out from the rest.

She wanted to look like a movie star among tv actresses.

• lulu June 20, 2014 at 16:30 #

Keri Russell looked the movie star; Kruger’s dress didn’t fit right. Looked much better on the model.

• AW June 20, 2014 at 16:38 #

Exactly! Keri Russell and Emmy Rossum kicked her butt in the style department.

This dress is even bad across the bust and under the arms. The hair is bad, the make-up is negligible.

I think she’s so overrated.

• bisbee June 20, 2014 at 17:16 #

I totally agree – she’s a pretty girl, but I never see what all the fuss is about.

• Jenna June 20, 2014 at 15:19 #

I 100% agree. She’s TINY, but she has gained a few (needed) pounds. I’m obsessed with her so this isn’t me judging… it’s me saying that’s exactly what happens with a too tight waist.

Jinny– it is natural. I’m a small person, and when I wear skirts with a fitted waist and flared or circle skirt, if the waist is too tight (after a few too many weekends of margaritas), it pushes everything down to make that exact shape. I would take a picture but I’m wearing jeans today. :)

• Mayra June 20, 2014 at 17:04 #

Hair and makeup are divine, but they didn’t worked on this look because they make us look at the dress and not at her face. And all I can see is how tight the dress is.

2. Denise June 20, 2014 at 12:15 #

Loved it on the runway, have been waiting for one of these divine dresses to hit the RC and finally !
    But… I don’t like the hips. Other than that she looks beautiful.

3. Christine June 20, 2014 at 12:17 #

Don’t like the padded hips which is kinda comical. The dress was perfect and lovely as is on the runway.

• gabis June 20, 2014 at 13:48 #

• dee June 20, 2014 at 14:34 #

4. Alina June 20, 2014 at 12:20 #

I actually like the accentuated hips. My problem is the hairstyle – I would have gone with something less structured and more romantic.

• TeaAtTwo June 20, 2014 at 14:46 #

I would have like a softer hairstyle too but I still think she looks terrific. I like padded hips, it gives it shape and a bit of life to the look.

5. Anne June 20, 2014 at 12:30 #

I love every single thing about this, hips ‘n all!

6. Ashley June 20, 2014 at 14:28 #

While I don’t love the exaggerated hips, the look is so overwhelmingly exquisite that they can be overlooked.

I would love to see a feature on her makeup. I’ve been searching for the perfect soft pink lipstick for ages, and this is it!

7. Effy June 20, 2014 at 15:38 #

Such a pitty about those hips, because I adore this look and it would’ve been BDOTY worthy in my book without them, but still a stunning look, nice enough contender for BDOTW and obe of the best dressed of the night.

8. Nicky June 20, 2014 at 16:30 #

Don’t like the hips, and the fit up top is too tight.

9. Lisa June 20, 2014 at 16:55 #

Don’t like the padded hips or hair. Its not BDOTW for me.

10. Yeliz June 20, 2014 at 17:24 #

She is totally pulling the exaggerated hips off. She looks fantastic and is one of my favorites at this event.

11. Cuteboy June 20, 2014 at 17:33 #

This doesn’t look good – the exaggerated hips may have worked well on someone like Keira Knightley, who has pretty much nothing on top to balance it out, but on Diane it just makes her look broader on top (not helped by the fact the bodice looks a size too small).

12. Chloe June 20, 2014 at 18:15 #

She looks very boxy, maybe a different hairstyle would’ve helped

• Chloe June 20, 2014 at 18:16 #

Yeah I definitely hate the hair

13. Prudence June 20, 2014 at 19:17 #

Oh lord,the exaggerated hips was a horrendous idea and the fit around the bust does not look very nice either. This is a fail imo.

14. Nat39 June 20, 2014 at 19:50 #

The silhouette is just bad, she looks like a grandma. This isn’t working, no pass from me.

15. Marisa June 20, 2014 at 21:30 #

I absolutely love Elie Saab and this dress was actually one of my favourites on the fashion show, but Diane just made it look terrible!! It doesn’t fit her properly plus the hair looks really unflattering.

16. Phoenix June 21, 2014 at 03:53 #

I like the dress. I love Dianes style. The hip thing, esp when I see it beside the runway version…..hmm weird looking. really weird.

17. glyc87 June 21, 2014 at 04:01 #

Oh, Diane, why must you do this to us? You nail all these tricky, difficult printed looks that no other starlet would dare to wear, yet you make a misstep with an Elie Saab.

Even without the hip thingy, the fit at the bust seems off and her hair and make-up are too drab for this look. Disappointing.

18. Raquel June 21, 2014 at 15:17 #

The dress is too tight. Not properly tailored. Prefer it on the model.

19. Raksha June 22, 2014 at 16:43 #

She should have worn Look 41!