19.06.14

Zendaya Coleman In Romeo Hunte & Alexia Ulibarri – SiriusXM & 106 & Park

Zendaya Coleman In Romeo Hunte & Alexia Ulibarri - SiriusXM & 106 & Park

Zendaya Coleman has often said that the late Aaliyah has been an inspiration to her. So the young singer must be beyond thrilled to be playing Aaliyah in an upcoming biopic for the Lifetime network.

The biopic, ‘Aaliyah: Princess of R&B’, is based on the best-selling book ‘Aaliyah: More Than a Woman’ and will tell the story of the ‘One in a Million’ singer’s life and death, from her debut on ‘Star Search’ to her rise to fame and, finally, her tragic passing at age 22.

Zendaya stopped by ‘106 & Park’, SiriusXM and ‘Good Morning America’ on Tuesday (June 17) to discuss the role and showcase her sartorial style.

SiriusXM: First up, she donned a Romeo Hunte dress shirt with an off-centre collar for a unique twist. Pairing the look with Romeo Hunte ‘Crosby’ drop-crutch trousers in a plaid print, she amped up this mannish approach. Slicked-back tresses and black Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps completed this directional look.

‘106 & Park’: Opting for blush tones, the actress/singer wore an Alexia Ulibarri sweater dress styled with another pair of ‘So Kate’ Louboutin pumps and a stack of gold bracelets on both wrists.

Both looks are great without trying too hard. I love how there is always a twist; however, the Romeo Hunte is my favourite.

Credit: Getty

Dianna Agron In Rebecca Minkoff - Cecconi's Restaurant

Dianna Agron In Rebecca Minkoff – Cecconi’s Restaurant

Olivia Palermo's Pattern Play Inspiration

Olivia Palermo’s Pattern Play Inspiration

13 Responses to Zendaya Coleman In Romeo Hunte & Alexia Ulibarri – SiriusXM & 106 & Park

1. Alina June 19, 2014 at 13:25 #

“Both looks are great without trying too hard.”

I disagree.

• kane June 19, 2014 at 13:42 #

Might be the hair?

I like them, but I do get quite a sense of the effort that certainly has gone into the looks to make them look ‘effortless.’

• Princess Chi Chi June 19, 2014 at 13:43 #

ITA

• Nina June 19, 2014 at 19:02 #

I don’t understand this. What’s wrong with her trying to present herself well and make an effort.? It’s not right to slate someone for looking bad and then also for looking good! Then you’re just universally bashing woman

• Princess Chi Chi June 20, 2014 at 00:12 #

Personally I think she looks like she, or perhaps her stylist, is putting in A LOT of needless effort to look effortless and edgy. For instance her Grammy’s Ungaro was amazing and she wore it so well and looked so naturally effortless. I just don’t particularly like both of these looks it’s not personal, I am entitled to my own opinion.

• Alina June 20, 2014 at 05:46 #

I’m going to answer because I feel like you didn’t understand my message.

Personally, Zendaya always leaves me with the impression that she is trying way too hard to be cool. Obviously, it’s not the effort to look good that bothers me, as that’s why we’re all here – to appreciate women’s efforts to look their best.

So, it’s not right for you to rush to harsh conclusions like “Then you’re just universally bashing woman”.:)

2. Christine June 19, 2014 at 13:33 #

I like her first look mainly due to the pants

3. Amanda June 19, 2014 at 14:47 #

I like the second look, but not the first.

4. justme June 19, 2014 at 15:41 #

I love the 2nd look. It’s the first time her slicked back hair has ever worked for me lol.

5. easyBlake June 19, 2014 at 16:32 #

I think the looks are nice, but . . . . turtleneck? and a sweater dress? in June? Maybe my location in the Tropics keeps this from computing for me, but I just, eh, I mean, I-I, nevermind . . .

6. admmgz June 19, 2014 at 16:55 #

I actually like both looks

7. CreoleLady June 19, 2014 at 20:28 #

S’okay. A little too fall-like for me when it is 90°F outside. I like her with slicked back hair when she wears a high pony but not so much here.

8. Yeliz June 19, 2014 at 21:50 #

I do think that she is trying too hard here.