13.06.14

Karlie Kloss In Donna Karan Atelier – Make-A-Wish Metro New York Annual Gala

Karlie Kloss In Donna Karan Atelier - Make-A-Wish Metro New York Annual Gala

Karlie Kloss attended the Make-A-Wish Metro New York Annual Gala, ‘An Evening of Wishes’, held at Cipriani Wall Street on Thursday (June 12) in New York City.

The statuesque model may be the best runway walker, but her red carpet style doesn’t always impress me much.

That changed last night when she glided down the red carpet wearing a Donna Karan Atelier beautiful blush silk chiffon draped strapless gown styled with nothing more than a pendant necklace and flat sandals.

What also captivates me here is the dewy glow created by shimmering bronzer to give her a sun-kissed look.

I know what you’re thinking – it’s impossible to go wrong with a Donna Karan Atelier gown – and I agree, so let’s not put up the bunting just yet.

Credit: Getty

Sarah Hyland In Emilio Pucci - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Sarah Hyland In Emilio Pucci – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Michelle Jenner In Oscar de la Renta - Iris Awards

Michelle Jenner In Oscar de la Renta – Iris Awards

12 Responses to Karlie Kloss In Donna Karan Atelier – Make-A-Wish Metro New York Annual Gala

1. Michaela June 13, 2014 at 11:26 #

The best I’ve ever seen her look on the red carpet. I’m completely in love with this!

2. Christine June 13, 2014 at 11:29 #

Ok look.

3. Yeliz June 13, 2014 at 11:58 #

I’m not too fond of the draped detail.

4. Alina June 13, 2014 at 12:16 #

Beautiful dress, but somehow I think Karlie doesn’t do it justice.

• CreoleLady June 13, 2014 at 13:20 #

ITA. Her skintone is too close to the color of the dress and her hair doesn’t complement the Greek goddess feel of the dress imo. I want to rip off the necklace.

• Nat June 13, 2014 at 14:58 #

I agree. I love the dress and her new hair color put I think the styling is not doing justice to the dress. Her make up is too casual.

5. Valissa June 13, 2014 at 12:21 #

How old is Karlie? Not older than 25 I’m sure…so why does she always looks like a middle aged Soap star? Her hair is depressing, her makeup non-existence and all the gowns she wears look like they should be worn by royals not young supermodels!
    Sorry to be so harsh, I just hate seeing wasted potential on the RC :(
    Clearly I don’t like this look, it ages her far too much.

6. jones19 June 13, 2014 at 14:04 #

The hairstyle is just awful and ruins this look for me.

7. gabis June 13, 2014 at 15:10 #

I think this dress needed perhaps a more powerful styling to work. A few golden jewels, maybe some gorgeous beach waves to go with the dewy makeup. As it is it just feels quite lackluster.

8. Carrie June 13, 2014 at 19:39 #

This is one of her best red carpet looks!

9. Melanie Smith June 14, 2014 at 09:57 #

Ok am I the only that feels like this is more of an Ashley Greene Dress rather than a Karlie Kloss Dress ?

I mean I like Karlie and I like Ashley.

But it’s one thing for Ashley who is an Actress. To play it safe.

But it’s an entirely different story to see Karlie who is a model to be playing it safe.

Normally you would think She would bring it more.

And I know Donna Karen has done some really interesting Atelier Gowns in the past too. So I’m not sure why the both picked out this gown ?

• Melanie Smith June 14, 2014 at 10:05 #

You know what ?

I just realized that this Gown looks like it could have been either one of Ashley’s Rejected Met Gala Looks.

Because I remember Her saying how Donna had Designed about 20 Gowns for Her for the Met Gala.

Or it looks like it could have been 1 of Many Gowns that Donna had Designed for Ashley for The Breaking Dawn Part 2 Premiere.