13.06.14

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe – World Cup Opening Ceremony

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe - World Cup Opening Ceremony

Before taking to the stage to open the 2014 World Cup on Thursday (June 12) evening, Jennifer Lopez posted an Instagram video of three looks asking her fans to pick her look for her performance.

One was a nude catsuit (been there, done that – possibly Zuhair Murad); the second was a silver mini dress with safety-pin accents (most definitely Versus); and the final option, the one she selected, was created by young Lebanese designer Charbel Zoe

The emerald-green playsuit with a collar and beaded fringe had her looking the part of a Brazilian Carnival performer as she sang the World Cup theme song ‘We Are One’ alongside Pitbull, pop-star Claudia Leitte and Brazilian band Olodum.

She styled the look with Christian Louboutin ‘Marale’ booties and embellished tights.

This is a classic performance look from the diva and, apparently, for the newbie designer, who has had quite a career-defining moment.

JLO

Credit: Getty

Claudia Levy In Mary Katrantzou  -  'The Rover' LA Premiere

Claudia Levy In Mary Katrantzou – ‘The Rover’ LA Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace - Global Summit To End Sexual Violence In Conflict – Day 4

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – Global Summit To End Sexual Violence In Conflict – Day 4

16 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe – World Cup Opening Ceremony

1. justme June 13, 2014 at 15:47 #

I actually like the playsuit. It reminds me of a samba outfit, which is fitting since the WC is in Brazil. I’m not a fan of the tights or the ugly boots though.

Pitbull usually performs in suits so I don’t understand his cool dad wannabe outfit. Of all the days to change his formula lol.

2. julyol1972 June 13, 2014 at 15:51 #

Good on her for going with an unknown designer, and creating a platform for him/her. Love the playsuit which as justme said above, is very samba-esque.

Wish she’d worn a shoe in green to complement the outfit. But not bad from the ankles up.

3. rye June 13, 2014 at 16:11 #

this is tacky, especially when a lot of kids also watch the opening ceremony

• Annkat June 13, 2014 at 18:13 #

Rye

It’s appropiate for Brazil, and we (By we, I refer to southamericans) don’t have any problem with women showing some skin.

• Rye June 18, 2014 at 03:07 #

You know it’s WORLD CUP right? Which mean it was broadcasted in all over the world. If it’s VMA or other music events i don’t have any problem with that, but in this case people from all age watch the ceremony and seeing 40 year old women half naked is not appropriate, IMO

• H July 15, 2014 at 16:52 #

So it would be alright if it was a 17 or 19 year old getting naked, right?

4. Yeliz June 13, 2014 at 16:47 #

I don’t like this tacky look at all.

5. Christine June 13, 2014 at 17:25 #

It works for this event

6. SilentVisitor June 13, 2014 at 17:34 #

I have already asked the question but is there any reason why female performers need to undress?
    The only thing different here from her other performance outfits is the color…..

7. Charlotte June 13, 2014 at 17:39 #

The girls are almost naked when the man is fully dresses… as usual !

8. Cássia June 13, 2014 at 17:47 #

I loved it!

9. Prudence June 13, 2014 at 19:20 #

omgg jlo above all other performers has the best outfits on stage. this is perfect for the ceremony…not sure why yall are calling this tacky, should she have worn a sheath dress to dance??

10. marie June 15, 2014 at 15:09 #

It is a terrible look… This outfit has nothing beautiful..I cannot call this “fashion”

11. Valeria June 17, 2014 at 06:48 #

I’m supposed to like it, it’s a performance piece, it’s Brasil and it’s samba-inspired (probably) but something just doesn’t sit right with me. Maybe the fact that it’s too much Crazy Horse with embellishments. That said I don’t like the other singer’s outfit, either. And Pitbull just looks ridiculous

12. Joe Blogs June 24, 2014 at 12:52 #

Hi – anyone know who her earrings are by? Any brand or design reference would be much appreciated!

13. H July 14, 2014 at 02:06 #

I can’t believe the comments, this is a world wide performance and an impact needs to be made, and these girls alongside Pitbull provided it. I think the outfit is beautidul, fits perfectly to the event and her gorgeous body.

I don’t want to see performers wear ankle length dresses.