Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som - Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Maggie Gyllenhaal attended the Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza on Wednesday (June 11) in Century City, California.

The actress wore a Peter Som Fall 2013 look featuring the signature blurred floral print for the season.

With such a dramatic set of prints, Maggie opted to style the shallow V-neck gown – featuring delicate cross-back straps and a sheer overlay on the skirt – with just a pair of Jennifer Meyer drop earrings and a pink lip shade.

Was minimalist styling the right option here, or would a yellow clutch have been a nice option to bring out the subtle tones in the print?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Carla Gugino In Zac Posen - 'Hercules' LA Premiere

Carla Gugino In Zac Posen – ‘Hercules’ LA Premiere

Get The Look: Chrissy Teigen’s  Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards Fresh-Faced Makeup

Get The Look: Chrissy Teigen’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards Fresh-Faced Makeup

9 Responses to Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

1. Christine June 12, 2014 at 12:20 #

Glad to see her back being a brunette. Blonde was not working for her.

I like the top half part of this look. Otherwise, it looks better on the model

2. Rye June 12, 2014 at 12:20 #

Yes!! For once I don’t feel bored with her red carpet look, she often chooses something that makes her look older than she actually is.

I agree that a pop of color would elevate the look more but she looks pretty here

3. Yeliz June 12, 2014 at 12:25 #

I love the gown but agree about a yellow clutch.

4. kane June 12, 2014 at 13:55 #

She’s doing well these days.

• Alina June 12, 2014 at 15:42 #

My first thought too.

5. Rebecca Z June 12, 2014 at 15:12 #

Great look for her. I agree with Rye that her choices often are aging, but this looks wonderful.

6. glyc87 June 12, 2014 at 15:22 #

I love that this look is dark and moody, but the print, shape and fabric make it look summery. So I’m not sure I want to see a yellow clutch, maybe something offwhite picking up on the print. The print itself is not my favorite- I get dizzy just looking at it.

7. Nat39 June 12, 2014 at 20:12 #

I think yellow clutch is a great suggestion – it would’ve completed the look perfectly. Loving the gown on her, great choice for her.

8. Peony June 13, 2014 at 08:38 #

I find the blurred print so distracting – it’s like the photo is selectively out of focus, and it gives me a headache.

I don’t think this look is particularly flattering or impactful for Maggie.