Jennifer Morrison In Georges Hobeika Signature - 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival Closing Ceremony

Jennifer Morrison attended the closing ceremony of the 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival on Wednesday (June 11) in Monte Carlo, Monaco after a succession of lovely looks.
As the saying goes, all good things come to an end.

I was sad to not be a fan of her second Georges Hobeika gown, which came from the designer’s Spring 2014 signature collection.

The mint colour is divine against her skin-tone, as are the silhouette and embellishments; it’s the illusion bodice that I object to.

Picturing this as a sleeveless dress sans illusion, I’m sure I would’ve loved the look entirely.

Also, the braided schoolmarm hairdo may also be throwing me off this look.

A Oroton ‘Freize’ clutch provided the finishing touch.

Credit: Facebook & Getty

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - 'L'Homme Qu'On Aimait Trop' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘L’Homme Qu’On Aimait Trop’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

2014 Young Friends Of ACRIA Summer Soiree

2014 Young Friends Of ACRIA Summer Soiree

15 Responses to Jennifer Morrison In Georges Hobeika Signature – 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival Closing Ceremony

1. Love it June 12, 2014 at 13:05 #

I think this is an amazing look instead, wow!

2. Yeliz June 12, 2014 at 13:26 #

I completely agree about the illusion bodice and the hairstyle. Her previous Hobeika look was the best during this festival.

3. Anne June 12, 2014 at 13:28 #

I’m going to pretend her Monte-Carlo stay ended at her first Hobeika because it was BDOTW-worthy perfect. This isn’t terrible, but I totally agree that the illusion bodice and the hair aren’t working. Her foundation is also a shade too pale (great lip color, though)

• Alina June 12, 2014 at 15:43 #

Word!

4. amy June 12, 2014 at 13:47 #

it’s not her best but it’s not bad. just average

5. kane June 12, 2014 at 13:55 #

I miss the belt the most and could do very well without that dowdy hairstyle.

6. Christine June 12, 2014 at 14:48 #

The illusion makes the dress look very cheap

7. gabis June 12, 2014 at 15:26 #

I destest her hair and makeup. I don’t mind the illusion panel but I just can’t cope with that unflattering makeup and fugly braid.
    What a pity ‘cos the dress is gorgeous and the mint hue is divine against her skin tone. Talking about ruining a great dress.

8. Camille June 12, 2014 at 16:40 #

There is just so much I don’t like about this and it is so disappointing after her earlier triumphs. The sleeve length is awkward and unflattering on her. I agree with FC re: the whole illusion bodice, not flattering. Hate the hair and hate the makeup even more, harsh and definitely unflattering. This look ages her and while the color is lovely, that is the ONLY thing I like about this entire look.

9. Jackie Oh June 12, 2014 at 17:41 #

the makeup is like 3 tons lighter than it should be… I can’t even look at the rest of the look past it.

10. Nat39 June 12, 2014 at 20:05 #

The top doesn’t flatter her, she looks boxy, missing a belt, and the silly braided ‘do just makes the whole thing look mumsy. Thumbs down all around.

11. serapart June 12, 2014 at 20:42 #

I agree with all the above, her makeup is too light and Ive never could get on board with these pastel toned ballerina dresses on her. I think she is a very sporty girl and should wear more alluring sporty style dresses that fits her personality. I dont know why she keeps on insisting on wearing these princess dresses all the time.

12. Peony June 13, 2014 at 08:35 #

I am not loving all the pastel hues on her, they wash her out terribly (the ghostly makeup isn’t helping). The style of this gown is also quite matronly.

13. Noemi June 13, 2014 at 10:09 #

I think she looks older and the hairdo isn’t right for the dress.

14. Carla June 13, 2014 at 17:42 #

She looks horrendous. I can´t believe a 35 years old can look like a 60 yo this often.